Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Unfortunately playing to his strengths would mean we abandon Rodgers' preferred high press style in favour of a low block. I can't see us completely overhauling our tactics to accommodate one player.

I’d like to see us try a low block at times and hit teams on the break. It might be more exciting than the endless recycling and non-incisive ‘attacking’. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nathan. said:

We are not talking about the average person are we.

This guy is reportedly earning 80k pw.

Matters not does it, would you take a pay cut just because after a short space of time your employers changed their mind? I doubt it very much, I personally would tell them to  ...!

12 minutes ago, nathan. said:

What makes you think that?

Hes only here because of his greed.

We agreed a fee and he wouldn't take the wage cut. 

We agreed to pay him £4m per year for three years 

thats £12m 

why should he go elsewhere and lose some of that money ??

if we want him out then we are contracted to pay him the monies we owe him - the problem is that any buying club can try to take advantage of the situation by offering him a low salary package. That’s where negotiations come into play. Word was that Fulham we’re prepared to pay him £50k

thats a potential £3m bath on salary that we have to take plus his loyalty bonus on sale.   And we were taking £10m in. The loyalty bonus is something you have to pay unless the player puts in a written transfer request so we were effectively being asked to sell him for £7m. 

surely you do it to get that £4m/annum of your books. Next summer with a year left you aren’t going to get more than £5m and you’ll still likely have to cover excess salary difference of around 1.5m

please someone tell me that we didn’t lose this sale over haggling around the wage differential ???

9 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

And my point stands. 

Why would he just take a pay cut? 

Someone comes upto you and offers you a new job but you have to take a pay cut you just say "yeah of course"

Would you really? 

I don't know many people in this world who would. 

Does that make him greedy like you say? 

Not in my book..

Not greedy. More interested in money than representing his country at the World Cup perhaps, but not greedy.

I know I'm swimming upstream with this.

Anyway here goes. Vestergaard has been a Danish international since 2013 and played 35 games for his country along side Kasper, who I assume, would have been consulted as to his ability.

Between 2018 and 2021, he played for Southampton 72 times, again, someone must have thought he had something going for him.

I would like to see the guy given a run of games with Evans along side Soyuncu to see if he can get his confidence back that he once must have had.

I understand that his game isn't the Rodgers game but there's the rub!

Edited by Smudge

Fofana, honour your contract, you signed for 5 years,  you should stick to it. You're an arsehole for thinking about leaving at the first opportunity.

Vestegaard, leave, we don't want to pay out the remainder of your contract. You're an arsehole for not leaving at the first opportunity.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smudge said:

Anyway here goes. Vestergaard has been a Danish international since 2013 and played 35 games for his country along side Kasper, who I assume, would have been consulted as to his ability.

Between 2018 and 2021, he played for Southampton 72 times, again, someone must have thought he had something going for him.

I would like to see the guy given a run of games with Evans along side Soyuncu to see if he can get his confidence back that he once must have had.

Brave post.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Smudge said:

I get where you are coming from totally. I feel like recently this forum has been way too harsh on vestergaard. I get he wasn’t particularly good when he played but I think it’s been exaggerated how bad he was to a large degree. The truth is we haven’t really seen enough of him to make a true judgement either way but it’s hard to deny that he doesn’t have a decent background internationally.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Matters not does it, would you take a pay cut just because after a short space of time your employers changed their mind? I doubt it very much, I personally would tell them to  ...!

If you were in a job earning a good salary, but you were not wanted and everyone was against you.. you would move as it would slowly grate you down. 

I’d wager everyone who reads this would stay and take the 80k in plush working conditions at Seagrave. You’re lying to yourself if you think you’d leave world class facilities on big money for less pay, worse conditions, and probably more responsibility/pressure than he has with us. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’d wager everyone who reads this would stay and take the 80k in plush working conditions at Seagrave. You’re lying to yourself if you think you’d leave world class facilities on big money for less pay, worse conditions, and probably more responsibility/pressure than he has with us. 

As people keep saying. We’d probably happily subsidise the wage he’s paid at another club to match what he has here, in order for us to open a spot in the squad and improve the team. And then he’d be able to play more regularly and have a better chance of starting for Denmark at the World Cup. 

The offers so far have been from clubs that are odds on for relegation, he’s just trying to secure his premier league survival. 

• Like 1

Vesty would be more of a success if Rodgers played to his strengths not his weakness but as we know his ego won’t allow that. As a case in point there is an article on bbc today about Man Utds new 70m midfielder casemiro from Real Madrid . He’s on 350k a week and Guillem Balague makes an interesting read. The point I’m making is any player used incorrectly can turn into a dud.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

As people keep saying. We’d probably happily subsidise the wage he’s paid at another club to match what he has here, in order for us to open a spot in the squad and improve the team. And then he’d be able to play more regularly and have a better chance of starting for Denmark at the World Cup. 

The offers so far have been from clubs that are odds on for relegation, he’s just trying to secure his premier league survival. 

There's a reason for that!

• Like 1