Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fazzer 7

Best Indian restaurant in or near Leicester

Sigh. Prince of Punjab.

Thought I'd get it out of the way. 'Wellens syndrome' - as obligatory as inflatable dinosaurs,the frankly bizarre and utterly unfunny fixation with Rachel Riley, and "swap the family stand for the Kop". 

Paddy's Marten Inn, though not as good as it once was is as authentic as it gets. There's also a vegetarian place on Belgrave Road, which is excellent. Forget the name though. 

EDIT: Shiv Sagar - just come back to me. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Red Rose - Syston 

Vishal - Catherine Street

Paddy's gone down hill.

Red rose was awful the other week. Bang average. Had better meals in saffron ivy next door last couple of times.

Clowes is still the one to beat food wise, but it's hot as **** and feels a bit like sitting in a transport cafe, same could be said of paddy's as well.

Oddly the sizzlers at the melton are top draw. But again as a venue it leaves a little to be desired.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Lol hopefully this is sarcasm, would struggle to be in the top Indian buffet restaurant never mind anything else. As far from authentic as can be 

That's pretty much what I thought but the paying public seem to love it.

Out of interest, where is there a good Indian buffet these days?

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Wish we had decent ones in Hinckley. The best, probably, is Silchar. Recent change of chef and much improved as long as you eat in. TA's are a bit hit and miss.

You not been the new one that's moved in to where Rossini's was in The Crescent? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

18 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm not sure there's such a thing as a good Indian buffet to be honest. Feast India isn't terrible. Jimmy Spiced in Birmingham used to be OK. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I tend to avoid buffet restaurants these days.  The food is not usually as good as a traditional restaurant, and is not always hot as is sometimes hanging around for a while.  Also, never really get the point in going to a restaurant, then you serve yourself. 

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Paddy's gone down hill.

Red rose was awful the other week. Bang average. Had better meals in saffron ivy next door last couple of times.

Clowes is still the one to beat food wise, but it's hot as **** and feels a bit like sitting in a transport cafe, same could be said of paddy's as well.

Oddly the sizzlers at the melton are top draw. But again as a venue it leaves a little to be desired.

Sizzler is now Mother India in case anyone is trying to find it

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

I tend to avoid buffet restaurants these days.  The food is not usually as good as a traditional restaurant, and is not always hot as is sometimes hanging around for a while.  Also, never really get the point in going to a restaurant, then you serve yourself. 

Many moons ago I used to be a fan of the Shimla Pinks lunchtime buffet. It was good value, and basically an opportunity to eat A LOT of Seekh Kebab followed by a couple of helpings of whatever three or four curries they were doing which were always tasty, and then stink the office out and do sod all work for the rest of the day.

Was never a fan of it in the evenings though - mentally over priced. I think it's still going, but no idea what it's like these days