Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

2 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

I mean for instant Impact and for quickness of transfer in terms of medical etc… the obvious choice is Sarr. 

but that’s too Obvious a signing and easy for us…. 

Why do you think the club will be spending £25m? After everything that’s been written about our inability to go out and spend or did that pass you by?

Sarr is the obvious option but after no signings all summer the club won’t be all of a sudden spunking half the £50 odd million from Fofana proceeds on one player. Will be offsetting our huge losses too. 

7 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

I mean for instant Impact and for quickness of transfer in terms of medical etc… the obvious choice is Sarr. 

but that’s too Obvious a signing and easy for us…. 

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

Guy is rapid…a good old fashioned winger with bags of pace.. and probably no end product…sign him up…. Or we could have just gone for Traore…

Both players would cost more and want way more in wages ….

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It also costs £25 million which is about £13 million more than we have 

Why tho?? If we can’t afford £25m for a decent left footed right winger a position we desperately need then we are in deep deep trouble. This club stinks at the minute. 

20 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Just watched his YouTube skills compilation and, yes, we should sign him.

And when it all goes wrong, don’t blame it on Rodgers, don’t blame it on Rudkin, don’t blame it on deadlines, blame it on the Boga.

He just can’t, he just can’t, he just can’t, control his feet…. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, enmac said:

If you read the comments for this video from people who know him better than most of us, he's a lot better than most on here think:

Great skills looks like a player who will definitely frustrate and frustrate the opposition defences and not afraid to shoot !!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

He's definitely a left winger and I'm pretty confident it's deliberate. 

I know I've said it a few times but the more I think about it the more I am convinced that cover for Barnes is a bigger priority for us than a new RW. 

Honestly, I actually do think I agree with that. If Barnes is injured we have to change the whole shape, where as we've got multiple options on the right that Rodgers will happily play and keep the 433.

Makes more and more sense, we have Perez and albrighton on the right, then Barnes and him on the left. 

It’s bargain basement but we have no choice. Lookman was always the one we'd of hoped to bring in so that’s depressing in itself. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's definitely a left winger and I'm pretty confident it's deliberate. 

I know I've said it a few times but the more I think about it the more I am convinced that cover for Barnes is a bigger priority for us than a new RW. 

Honestly, I actually do think I agree with that. If Barnes is injured we have to change the whole shape, where as we've got multiple options on the right that Rodgers will happily play and keep the 433.

Also we still scored goals last season, even though it isn't Maddison's preferred position he still has a good assist and goal return from there. As it looks like we will still have youri too.

Edited by teblin

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Sarr is the obvious option but after no signings all summer the club won’t be all of a sudden spunking half the £50 odd million from Fofana proceeds on one player. Will be offsetting our huge losses too. 

If the club received £50m for Fofana it would be stupid for us not to go out and buy Sarr. We just don’t take risks enough. And eventually it will catch up with us… 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's bull shit we can't afford it either.

I think that we don’t want to buy players like sarr who are inconsistent and would command big wages and that we have targets that we cannot attain this window. We won’t buy a fill in because we’ve done that several times since mahrez left and it just doesn’t work 

• Like 1

Granted he looks like a right footed LW, but I think everyone is so fixed on the inverted type wingers in today's game it clouds alot of folks judgements 

Personally reckon he will do well, we have been crying out for another winger who is quick and looks to take his man on, granted it may not work out every time but at least he looks like he will cause problems down the right side and get us up the pitch 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

If the club received £50m for Fofana it would be stupid for us not to go out and buy Sarr. We just don’t take risks enough. And eventually it will catch up with us… 

We’ve taken risks and now have huge losses. So many topics and posters have highlighted the financial situation we’re in (large part Covid) but we bought and didn’t sell last year, which turns out was a disaster. The last thing you do is double down on your losses, thankfully the club are being careful. We need players but have to cut our cloth accordingly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think that we don’t want to buy players like sarr who are inconsistent and would command big wages and that we have targets that we cannot attain this window. We won’t buy a fill in because we’ve done that several times since mahrez left and it just doesn’t work 

Thst makes more sense but the party line that the likes of Tanner and Percy have reported is that we wanted Sarr but cannot afford £25m.

I know I'm a numbers man but stop pulling pissers chaps. We're told we don't need or want to sell Fofana this summer. We weren't aggressively pushing others out to raise funds either but eventually we've sold Fofana and then all the money less sell on and loyalty bonuses suddenly isn't available? That's not trading like Top suggested.

Hoping its a loan rather then permenant but i think he will be decent for us tbh. Lookmans stats werent great when we signed him and he turned out to be decent. We need someone with pace and who can dribble and he ticks them boxes. Clearly shown quality at his time at Sassulo so hopefully he’ll find that form again

Edited by South Shire Fox