Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

20 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

This is definitely a case of Brendan with his broken silver medalist or whatever his spiel is thinking he can coach them into a worldbeater.

Almost certainly plays ‘Fix You’ down the phone when he’s convincing them to come

I bet he sings it. But like will sings in the inbetweeners movie. 

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Haven't a clue what he's like. However, the mere fact that Rodgers or Congerton may have remotely been near him or spoken together about him makes him tainted goods for me. Wonder if Rodgers son is his agent 🤔 🤣. Would sooner risk Bowler from Blackpool. 

Bowler  ain’t a risk for £5m

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd like Bowler but I'm a bit confused as to how he's become this sort of messias figure for our RW problem.

He's a 23 yr old player who's not done too much in his championship career. Someone was slating Boga for having 24 goals, 10 assists in his 130 appearances; Bowler has 16 goals 7 assists in 100 appearances at a worse level. 

Again, I'll gladly take Bowler as an option in the squad but seeing him as this magic pill just because "well Bowen turned out alright" is silly

Massive difference in potential transfer fees.  Bowler would seem much better option. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Massive difference in potential transfer fees.  Bowler would seem much better option. 

Precisely we need a continue are past policy of buying young up and coming talent for peanuts and sell for substantial profit every year to fund our recruitment because we don't seem to be get big cash injections from anywhere else

23 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd like Bowler but I'm a bit confused as to how he's become this sort of messias figure for our RW problem.

He's a 23 yr old player who's not done too much in his championship career. Someone was slating Boga for having 24 goals, 10 assists in his 130 appearances; Bowler has 16 goals 7 assists in 100 appearances at a worse level. 

Again, I'll gladly take Bowler as an option in the squad but seeing him as this magic pill just because "well Bowen turned out alright" is silly

We know there are some players in the Championship that can take the big step up. We probably would've had the same debate last summer had we been linked with a young Luton player called KDH. Circumstances different, but would we have taken a 'risk' on him? 

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If we get him, top 6 is back on.

A proper difference maker and will suit us down to the ground.

Top 6 of the Championship 2023/24??

I thought we got rid of Congerton because he was thrown under the bus by Rodgers for all of our poor transfer business despite everyone saying he was a really bad choice anyway when he joined. So why the fock are we linked to every player at his new club good or bad?

7 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

I thought we got rid of Congerton because he was thrown under the bus by Rodgers for all of our poor transfer business despite everyone saying he was a really bad choice anyway when he joined. So why the fock are we linked to every player at his new club good or bad?

Well he’s had nothing to do with the players already there …..

11 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Think it was the Leicester board who got rid on Congerton......must probably Brendan still in contact with his mate asking for players as our new head Scout won't join us until after the transfer window closes

So we're going to end up paying more for the player that Ademola Lookman knocked out of the Atalanta Starting lineup than we could have payed for Lookman himself, who was already an underwhelming potential signing? Jesus Christ this better be another smoke screen.

That or Rodgers and Congerton are just trying to stick it to us for "not backing" them...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, enmac said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but the comments about him are fairly positive. 

There's absolutely no positives for a player who didn't score or assist in an inferior league to ours last season. He's had 1 decent season and the rest crap, where have we heard that before? He's not young either, I don't see how he's worth the effort. So many better players available.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's absolutely no positives for a player who didn't score or assist in an inferior league to ours last season. He's had 1 decent season and the rest crap, where have we heard that before? He's not young either, I don't see how he's worth the effort. So many better players available.

Doesn’t work out certain clubs for some players, he had a superb season at Sassuolo, probably shouldn’t have left by the looks of it. Would be okay on loan to rotate with Barnes (and allow us to play 433 more), but given they just paid £20m to make it a perm, I don’t think we should be buying him…

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Doesn’t work out certain clubs for some players, he had a superb season at Sassuolo, probably shouldn’t have left by the looks of it. Would be okay on loan to rotate with Barnes (and allow us to play 433 more), but given they just paid £20m to make it a perm, I don’t think we should be buying him…

I get that, he had 1 good season so theoretically he could do it again but before and after that one season he's been mediocre at Sassuolo and pure dog shit at Atalanta. This cannot be the best we can hope for as a club, how the fcuk has it got to this? Not having it. 

• Like 1