Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I get that, he had 1 good season so theoretically he could do it again but before and after that one season he's been mediocre at Sassuolo and pure dog shit at Atalanta. This cannot be the best we can hope for as a club, how the fcuk has it got to this? Not having it. 

We have a day left, we are so late in the window I’m not convinced we can find much better… prefer Malinovsky personally. Better, more versatile. Let’s see what happens tomorrow. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Stengs has just gone Nice who's on a par if not better than Boga and actually a left footed right winger. Boga has played a grand total of about 10 games all career on the right. 

Gakpo and Tsygankov will leave and join PSV respectively in the next 24 hours for less than £25m.

I guarantee you there will also be other wingers as good or better than Boga and right wingers too that transfer in the next 24 hours for loans or fees that we ought to be able to pay given what we've sold Fofana for (don't believe that PR piece from Percy and Tanner yesterday).

Still don’t believe we are after a left footed right winger. This isn’t the first window we’ve over looked signing one in favour of someone who can cover Barnes.

Pretty sure Rodgers sees us with a more reserved left back (not overlapping Barnes) and an overlapping (very advanced) right back in a 433, where the right winger is more of a 10 and drifts in field. 

Though the comments in pre season about using inverted wingbacks (which I like the idea of), would suggest we need a proper RW… 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Still don’t believe we are after a left footed right winger. This isn’t the first window we’ve over looked signing one in favour of someone who can cover Barnes.

Pretty sure Rodgers sees us with a more reserved left back (not overlapping Barnes) and an overlapping (very advanced) right back in a 433, where the right winger is more of a 10 and drifts in field. 

Though the comments in pre season about using inverted wingbacks (which I like the idea of), would suggest we need a proper RW… 

We tried to sign Tete, we wanted Madueke, we wanted Nicholas Pepe last week and Rodgers on interview recently said he won't cry if he doesn't get his " fast right winger "

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We tried to sign Tete, we wanted Madueke, we wanted Nicholas Pepe last week and Rodgers on interview recently said he won't cry if he doesn't get his " fast right winger "

It’s a shame that Madueke was injured when he was, he is the guy imo. I also like Pepe but that ship has sailed. 

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get that, he had 1 good season so theoretically he could do it again but before and after that one season he's been mediocre at Sassuolo and pure dog shit at Atalanta. This cannot be the best we can hope for as a club, how the fcuk has it got to this? Not having it. 

If he was so bad at Atalanta when on loan, why did they pay 19.8 M for him in the Summer? 

26 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We have a day left, we are so late in the window I’m not convinced we can find much better… prefer Malinovsky personally. Better, more versatile. Let’s see what happens tomorrow. 

Better to go without than get yet another hard to shift squad filler.

22 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

At this point in time I don't think Rodgers thoughts should be taken into consideration. If he can't get a tune out of the squad we've got he doesn't deserve to be in management. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, les-tah said:

Jesus our recruitment is pure rotten now.

We have gone from signing promising future stars that can star for us and make us money to signings that look like Stoke, Hull and QPR made before they were relegated into the football league oblivion.

What a sad time to be a fan.

You can have the best scouts in the world, but deadline day before even start negotiating? Good luck with that.

We probably have far better players scouted.

If we get a winger in I will be grateful and hope for the best.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

...did we, did we really!!!

You can also add to that list that Trincao and Berardi all rumoured that we were looking to bring in and nothing ever happened. This is not someone who sees bringing in an RW to be an essential part of the team, like @Finnegansaid, Rodgers sees a style of play that suits him and does not view an RW as an essential cog in this team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...did we, did we really!!!

You can also add to that list that Trincao and Berardi all rumoured that we were looking to bring in and nothing ever happened. This is not someone who sees bringing in an RW to be an essential part of the team, like @Finnegansaid, Rodgers sees a style of play that suits him and does not view an RW as an essential cog in this team.

Rubbish. BR wants a good RW but the players just don't want to come or the board arent able to sort out the deals.

We tried hard for trincao and Barcelona didn't want to let him go and then he went wolves.

Pepe preferred Nice. Beradi was never going to come. De Katerererere was close but we ran out of cash.

Now we're a basket case.

• Like 3

OK so maybe I've gone full on neurotic, I've calmed down. Boga on loan if he's the only realistic option could be an asset like Lookman was but still don't see him being effective off the right, he's seldom played there so you have to ask why? 

Can't help but feel he had his 1 season of delivering and now he's just a good dribbler with suspect end product. Better than nowt though I suppose.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Rubbish. BR wants a good RW but the players just don't want to come or the board arent able to sort out the deals.

We tried hard for trincao and Barcelona didn't want to let him go and then he went wolves.

Pepe preferred Nice. Beradi was never going to come. De Katerererere was close but we ran out of cash.

Now we're a basket case.

We just gotta survive this season. Then we can properly reset, hopefully with a new manager.

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Now we're a basket case.

...you can think that if you want, it is a matter of opinion and I do not believe we are actually looking for one!!!

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

OK so maybe I've gone full on neurotic, I've calmed down. Boga on loan if he's the only realistic option could be an asset like Lookman was but still don't see him being effective off the right, he's seldom played there so you have to ask why? 

Can't help but feel he had his 1 season of delivering and now he's just a good dribbler with suspect end product. Better than nowt though I suppose.

That's my take.

As long as its a loan.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That's my take.

As long as its a loan.

Sounds like Atalanta are only interested if we commit to buying him next summer and that bothers me. Would rather take a chance on Maswanhise if that's the case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sounds like Atalanta are only interested if we commit to buying him next summer and that bothers me. Would rather take a chance on Maswanhise if that's the case.

Me too.

Hoping for some final day surprises! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, enmac said:

If you read the comments for this video from people who know him better than most of us, he's a lot better than most on here think:

Everyone on here thinks his shit cause, either cause they checked his fifa rating and potential 😂or because he hasn't scored much since he joined Atalanta. He's out of form and probably Atalanta is just not right for him

Edited by Danny280995
  • Like 2