Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

Just now, An Sionnach said:

At the end of the day , he is a downgrade on Lookman .So why waste money.

Because we don't have Lookman, or most likely any other options at this point in the window.

Like others have suggested we really don't have any options to play the way that Brendan wants without Barnes in the team i.e. 4-3-3. Barnes gets injured and we are stuck with with playing 3 at the back.

So this guy is the cover for LW and an alternative option for the RW if we want to play with two attacking wingers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You could be right, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t coming in as our right winger.

I'd say prepare to be surprised.

With Tielemans evidently not leaving, I'd put money on this being our starting line-up for the majority of games this year:

Vardy/Daka/Iheanacho

Barnes, Maddison

Dewsbury-Hall, Ndidi, Tielemans

JJ, Evans, Faes, Castagne

Ward

Think Boga will be a frequent introduction off the bench for Barnes. Rodgers likes that narrow, tucked-in wide right option with an overlapping full back and it lets him get Tielemans, KDH and Madders all in the team. 

I can see him maybe doing this in games where he expects us to dominate entirely if he gets the confidence:

Vards

Barnes, Madders, Boga

KDH, Tielemans,

<Defence>

But probably less often and I wouldn't bet completely against Boga going left and Barnes shifting right. 

• Like 1

A loan with an option to buy would be fine. If we buy him for more than we could have had Lookman for ???

As others have said, Lookman is preferred by Atalanta to Boogeyman, and his stats are way better.

Its just crazy if we have bought him, or loaned with an obligation to buy, I mean really crazy

Edited by itude

45 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I'd sooner have Boga at RW than Perez or Praet, so if it's a loan with no obligation then I think it's fine.

It's just crazy that we've needed a left footed RW for years and yet here we are signing another LW to play out of position.

....hard to believe, the only way this makes any sense, is that Barnes plays upfront with either Nacho or Vardy!!!

Barnes and Nacho do link up well, so it may be an option to consider.

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Just heard the Italian deadline day shuts at 7pm local time (6pm UK time) so we will have to be quick on this one 

The Italian deadline don’t matter to us, they can’t buy after that time but they can still sell as our window is still open 

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

At the end of the day , he is a downgrade on Lookman .So why waste money.

Barnes is great generally. But he's also predictable. Someone with more physicality and pace can't do any harm imo

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Just heard the Italian deadline day shuts at 7pm local time (6pm UK time) so we will have to be quick on this one 

Isn't that for incoming deals to Italian clubs? But players can still leave? 

The Dutch deadline day was last night. But Antony confirmed as leaving this morning. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KFS said:

Bet he loses the ball loads and winds us all up 

....he seems very composed on the ball, runs with his head down, and fails to pick up the movements of his teammates!!!

On two separate occasions, one of his teammate's steps in and (takes the ball off Boga's toes), in order to play a pass to a player through in on goal, and Boga, did not see the opportunity. He reminds me of a younger Karamoko Dembele, he would get the ball and have little thought of releasing it until he had scored, you have other players around you, use them.