Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Just now, Happy Fox said:

The only decent thing Top can do is sell the club to someone competent.

Is finding someone ‘competent’ not the big risk here.

Top is a known quantity, we know he won’t asset strip the club, and will hopefully have more cash to spend going forward as KP recovers post-Covid, and we balance our books with relegation. 

Yes, it feel like he’s lost interest in us and made some bad calls but there is some mitigation. 

7 hours ago, Onions said:

Reading this thread, you would think there are millions of billionaires lining up to buy the club. 

Remember the owners were had before, and ask yourself why anyone would be an improvement. 

He’s made mistakes, but he’ll sort them 

set aside everything before 2019. what evidence have you seen to suggest this nepo baby is capable of fixing the mistakes?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, W7Fox said:

Is finding someone ‘competent’ not the big risk here.

Top is a known quantity, we know he won’t asset strip the club, and will hopefully have more cash to spend going forward as KP recovers post-Covid, and we balance our books with relegation. 

Yes, it feel like he’s lost interest in us and made some bad calls but there is some mitigation. 

I don’t disagree but just feel this is an end of era, for me we need a clean slate to start a fresh, whether the new ownership comes into place in a season’s time or sooner but the process of selling the club needs to happen.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

It’s been radio silence from the club for the majority of the season. Extremely interested to see if he or the club release an official statement to at least acknowledge what has just happened, I won’t get my hopes up of being aware of the continued failings. Interesting times ahead, we’re about to find out what our owner is made of, if anything.

I mean the board haven't even released a statement yet, meanwhile Southampton and Leeds did so almost instantly.

This is a club who have  their heads well and truly up their own aris.

Ostriches.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Matt said:

I mean the board haven't even released a statement yet, meanwhile Southampton and Leeds did so almost instantly.

Ostriches.

I think it’s so insulting to the fan base to let so much be spouted about and not actually front up and face any of it. I appreciate they’ve overseen our most successful period as a club, but they put themselves front and centre then for everyone to see and congratulate, shit hits the fan and we’re waiting for the first home game of next season for Tops programme notes- the only way he ever communicates.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

For you morons who call him tHe BeSt OwNeR eVeR. 

Under his dad articles like this would never be written. Get this idiot out of the any decision making positions and then start again. 

876960BE-3BFA-4A6F-83DF-2378DC3043D5.jpeg

Good to see this sort of attention hitting the tabloids, it will only pile the pressure on Rudkin.

His dad built this club into what it was.

Top was just his dads figurehead.

He has proved he doesnt have the balls to build a team around him to make tough decisions.

It's all okay for Rudkin, Whelan etc to take the plaudits and $$$ when it's going well, but with this ultimate failure surely it's time for a mass cull

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raj said:

His dad built this club into what it was.

Top was just his dads figurehead.

He has proved he doesnt have the balls to build a team around him to make tough decisions.

It's all okay for Rudkin, Whelan etc to take the plaudits and $$$ when it's going well, but with this ultimate failure surely it's time for a mass cull

Sincerely hope we are proved wrong, but I’m convinced that nothing will happen and it will be more of the same next season.

• Like 1

Just now, wurmer said:

Sincerely hope we are proved wrong, but I’m convinced that nothing will happen and it will be more of the same next season.

I wouldnt  be surprised if your right unfortunately 

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ostriches.

Noticed this. Saints and Leeds apologised to their fans immediately. Our club are probably in this morning getting ready to sue Everton to try and shift the blame.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Glad to see the journalists are finally giving pelters to the ownership.

Around January/Feb I was doing the same on here and got absolutely slated by the majority. But yet again, here we are. 

Anyone can see that he’s a failing businessman who values Polo and Horse Racing above the football club. Letting Tielemans, Soyuncu and the others go on a free has been criminal. Over £100m of transfer fees we could have recouped, but yet here we are. 

Disinterest and a lack of commitment allows people like Rudkin and Rodgers (the Chuckle Brothers) to build their influence even at the very top, and allow them to run the club when they’re both completely incompetent. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Ostriches.

This maybe where my view changes

I'm currently have the view Top and KP should stay, but bring someone in to run the football club on their behalf (Sack Rudkin), but if they can't even be bothered to address the fans at the end of this season/era it feels like disrespect and maybe they should leave. 

I think the issue is if they make a statement it would prove they have completely slept walked into this situation genuinely believing it would not happen and they have no plan or clue as what happens next

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Ostriches.

They're probably still not aware we're down. The lack of self awareness from this club this season has been frightening 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

For you morons who call him tHe BeSt OwNeR eVeR. 

Under his dad articles like this would never be written. Get this idiot out of the any decision making positions and then start again. 

876960BE-3BFA-4A6F-83DF-2378DC3043D5.jpeg

Last 18 months been absolute dogshit just because of him and board but this forum STILL carefully choses words when talkin about this so called "Top" (and this name is so fcking cringe)

8 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

This maybe where my view changes

I'm currently have the view Top and KP should stay, but bring someone in to run the football club on their behalf (Sack Rudkin), but if they can't even be bothered to address the fans at the end of this season/era it feels like disrespect and maybe they should leave. 

I think the issue is if they make a statement it would prove they have completely slept walked into this situation genuinely believing it would not happen and they have no plan or clue as what happens next

It's just common practice.

I mean the statement wouldn't actually mean anything, it'd be full of "we go again", "we'll be back stronger" type clichés, hollow apologies, but atleast acknowledge the situation, anything other and you are literally burying your heads in the sand - the fact they've not done it by now speaks volumes and it's too late to think otherwise, if they've not done it by now they may aswell not bother at all - it'd probably just anger people more they're so out of touch.

Edited by Matt

The idea that there is an owner out there willing to pay  a couple of hundred million for us is laughable. The stupidity of people saying replace Top for some imaginary new owner is laughable. Must of only been fans in the prem years and have no knowledge of our history

7 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Last 18 months been absolute dogshit just because of him and board but this forum STILL carefully choses words when talkin about this so called "Top" (and this name is so fcking cringe)

Carefully choose my words ?

How do people not understand when the hierarchy is this INCOMPETENT the clubs financial future is at risk! You can’t run a business like this and not expect long term damage. 

You bunch of entitled puffed up brats. We get incredibly generous owners who transform the club, clear all debts, win the PL, win the FA Cup, give us our best run ever and plan a huge expansion of the stadium and surrounding area and because they have one bad season you want them gone.

Listen to yourselves. Why do you think we’ve been different from every similar sized club for the last decade. Luck? Incompetence? Pearson? Or maybe, and it’s just a hunch you understand, maybe it’s the billionaires who took us over just before all of this happened.

Did they get it right this year? No. Are they perfect in every way? No. Are they a million times better than the murderous blood soaked regimes that run Man City or Newcastle or the Americans who milk their clubs as cash cows? Yes.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

You bunch of entitled puffed up brats. We get incredibly generous owners who transform the club, clear all debts, win the PL, win the FA Cup, give us our best run ever and plan a huge expansion of the stadium and surrounding area and because they have one bad season you want them gone.

Listen to yourselves. Why do you think we’ve been different from every similar sized club for the last decade. Luck? Incompetence? Pearson? Or maybe, and it’s just a hunch you understand, maybe it’s the billionaires who took us over just before all of this happened.

Did they get it right this year? No. Are they perfect in every way? No. Are they a million times better than the murderous blood soaked regimes that run Man City or Newcastle or the Americans who milk their clubs as cash cows? Yes.

People really need to stop using the term “owners” as an interchangeable link between father and son. One masterminded a promotion, league win, financial security, rebuild and laid the foundations for two top 6 finishes and a fa cup - It was always part of his vision. The other, not so much. I’d call on anyone to show me Top’s achievements as “owner” and compare them to Vichai’s to suggest any sort of comparison. Any sort of justification to use the term “owners”. 

It’s quite insulting to the business acumen of Vichai to suggest this current regime has any of his mark on it. This club would not be relegated in the manner had it been under him (note: not, not relegated as that is always a risk, rather not relegated as disgracefully as it has been). It wouldn’t be neglected in the way it has been. The club has been neglected for the last 2 1/2 years, not just this year, 8 games etc. That never happened during Vichai’s reign it’s why he so highly regarded. 

Vichai always worked hard for this club - it’s why he was respected so much. It was rare for Vichai not to be at a match especially when a crisis was on the horizon. He understood the need for him to be there and understand what is happening. Which is the complete opposite to his son, who showed up 2 maybe 3 prior to Rodgers quitting. 

Vichai has plenty of accolades associated with his name and referring to the “owners” to defend his son, is downright insulting. Sure, as a father who wouldn’t want his son to be targeted but as a businessman, he would most probably understand it. 

We now have financial instability, poor structure, questionable governance and decision making, lack of any sort of clarity. 

If you want to defend Top, fine. But don’t insult a great chairman by suggesting he had any part of the absolute car crash over the last 2 years. His legacy is very much imbedded in our history. His son, will also have a legacy, I don’t think there will be as much positivity around that.

I do agree with you that selling is not as easy at some make out but for the good of this club, especially in the short term, this young man needs to put on a leash and decision making taken away. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

People really need to stop using the term “owners” as an interchangeable link between father and son. One masterminded a promotion, league win, financial security, rebuild and laid the foundations for two top 6 finishes and a fa cup - It was always part of his vision. The other, not so much. I’d call on anyone to show me Top’s achievements as “owner” and compare them to Vichai’s to suggest any sort of comparison. Any sort of justification to use the term “owners”. 

It’s quite insulting to the business acumen of Vichai to suggest this current regime has any of his mark on it. This club would not be relegated in the manner had it been under him (note: not, not relegated as that is always a risk, rather not relegated as disgracefully as it has been). It wouldn’t be neglected in the way it has been. The club has been neglected for the last 2 1/2 years, not just this year, 8 games etc. That never happened during Vichai’s reign it’s why he so highly regarded. 

Vichai always worked hard for this club - it’s why he was respected so much. It was rare for Vichai not to be at a match especially when a crisis was on the horizon. He understood the need for him to be there and understand what is happening. Which is the complete opposite to his son, who showed up 2 maybe 3 prior to Rodgers quitting. 

Vichai has plenty of accolades associated with his name and referring to the “owners” to defend his son, is downright insulting. Sure, as a father who wouldn’t want his son to be targeted but as a businessman, he would most probably understand it. 

We now have financial instability, poor structure, questionable governance and decision making, lack of any sort of clarity. 

If you want to defend Top, fine. But don’t insult a great chairman by suggesting he had any part of the absolute car crash over the last 2 years. His legacy is very much imbedded in our history. His son, will also have a legacy, I don’t think there will be as much positivity around that.

I do agree with you that selling is not as easy at some make out but for the good of this club, especially in the short term, this young man needs to put on a leash and decision making taken away. 

Predictable response. Vichai was great but he got it wrong with Erikson in the early days. Top had the pandemic and a dramatic fall in business revenue to cope with plus the burden of matching expectations after an unbelievable PL win. Not easy by any means.

Staying in the premier league with a massive wage bill and squad stacked with talent is hardly some kind of unreasonable expectation 

You’d think we were Forest Green or Yeovil in the prem the way some go on

Edited by MattFox