Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

3 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Predictable response. Vichai was great but he got it wrong with Erikson in the early days. Top had the pandemic and a dramatic fall in business revenue to cope with plus the burden of matching expectations after an unbelievable PL win. Not easy by any means.

Making mistakes is not an issue. Business mistakes are made on a daily basis. Leaders make mistakes, shock horror. 

Rectifying those mistakes is what makes the business person. 

We’ve just been relegated and are still dealing with the mistakes of Soumare and Daka, Bertrand and Vestegaard.

Covid impacted every single club. Every. single. Club. Why are ourselves and Everton still rolling out the excuse ?

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

Honestly our fans. Who the **** is going to buy a mediocre team in a mediocre city, somewhere in the middle of a mediocre country? No one that's who. We have Top or some American investment group, choice is yours. This club is realistically no going to get better than we have unless any of you lot have a few spare millions! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Honestly our fans. Who the **** is going to buy a mediocre team in a mediocre city, somewhere in the middle of a mediocre country? No one that's who. We have Top or some American investment group, choice is yours. This club is realistically no going to get better than we have unless any of you lot have a few spare millions! 

Totally agree, Tops only mistake was not getting rid of Rodgers early enough and paying him such an amount that he couldn’t sack him anyway. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, especially when Rodgers had delivered a fa cup and a couple of europa places.
  No one is gonna want to buy this club and the fans better get used to the idea, there’s far better projects if a billionaire wants to try their luck, Luton for a start,  we got lucky last time around, there’s simply no romance in buying this club cos it’s already happened 

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

Wonder what he's thinking.

Reckon he'll be determined to rectify this and will his foot down more, for the sake of the King Power legacy.

His Father (RIP) would've been both livid and sad yesterday.

Edited by Wymsey

Guest Mee-9

I have received a massive number of messages from our fans – both positive and negative. Some want me to sell the Club, some using offensive and thoughtless words, and some have been outright abusive.

But for every hurtful message I have received, I have also received messages of support, of appreciation, of unity – both remotely and from people I have met anonymously in public, who always come to say hello to me and to my family. It means a lot to us.

Our football club means more than you will ever know. We've been here longer than you.

You've made mistake and mistake, continually over the past few years. You need to be held accountable for your actions. Calling to sell the club is the right thing as you've proven that you can't continue to financially back the club in what is needed, and your decision making or lack of it has sent us to be relegated.

Yeah the offensive stuff isn't great, but fans have a stronger voice than you will. 

He has to be held accountable for this mess. He is his own man now, it's been a while since the crash. Stand up and be counted.

I doubt he's even written that statement himself. It's tosh and offers nothing. Percy's writing offers more answers. 

I don’t think it’s a bad statement - what else can he say, he need to fix up quickly starting this week never mind a few weeks of reflection. 

As for people verbally abusing him that says more about them than him. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Which countries are not 'mediocre' then?

He has made mistakes over the last couple of seasons, however previously to that he has overseen bringing in Rodgers which did have us challenging for top 4 and an FA Cup

win so he does know how to deliver success, I honestly believe complacency set in and Top has been guilty of putting too much trust in certain individuals and this has resulted in this calamity. However over the 13 years the family have been a breath of fresh air for the club and the city, doing far more good than harm. 

I am no happy clapper but at the same time I recognise there will be bumps in the road, things won’t always go well, it’s at these times we have to stick together. I hope Top is given the opportunity to learn from the mistakes of this season and makes some tough decisions to get us back on the right path. 

yes we are all hurting, he will be much as anyone, this is his fathers legacy after all, but in bad times we all look for people to believe in us and give us a second chance to put it right. I believe he deserves that chance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He has made mistakes over the last couple of seasons, however previously to that he has overseen bringing in Rodgers which did have us challenging for top 4 and an FA Cup

win so he does know how to deliver success, I honestly believe complacency set in and Top has been guilty of putting too much trust in certain individuals and this has resulted in this calamity. However over the 13 years the family have been a breath of fresh air for the club and the city, doing far more good than harm. 

I am no happy clapper but at the same time I recognise there will be bumps in the road, things won’t always go well, it’s at these times we have to stick together. I hope Top is given the opportunity to learn from the mistakes of this season and makes some tough decisions to get us back on the right path. 

yes we are all hurting, he will be much as anyone, this is his fathers legacy after all, but in bad times we all look for people to believe in us and give us a second chance to put it right. I believe he deserves that chance. 

I think his stock would be higher if he came out and said he had been given a serious lesson and he was determined to learn for it and never make such mistakes again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Someone would look at LCFC and see something available under it’s true value now. A business which wouldn’t take much investment  to reinstate that value. 

In this year alone, clubs such as Bournemouth have been bought and led to some really assured thinking securing their top flight status. Now that’s a club what need a new stadium, have a small fanbase, in a small city. 

Said on here today - I actually think the decision will be taken out of Top’s hands within 3 to 5 years anyway when Thailand eventually gets monarch reform

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Predictable response. Vichai was great but he got it wrong with Erikson in the early days. Top had the pandemic and a dramatic fall in business revenue to cope with plus the burden of matching expectations after an unbelievable PL win. Not easy by any means.

yea, Vichai made mistakes and learnt from them. His son has gone ahead and made the same mistakes while looking angry at fans daring to point out the mistakes (remember palace at home back in October?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

yea, Vichai made mistakes and learnt from them. His son has gone ahead and made the same mistakes while looking angry at fans daring to point out the mistakes (remember palace at home back in October?)

Vichai made mistakes at times no question but he never made things worse.

He always acted whenever necessary. To our benefit.

Under Top its been one mistake after another.

Vichai and Top are not the same. The results are clear as anything.

• Like 1

Notes from the statement:

- He's committed to the club for the foreseeable

- Over the coming days and weeks he will assess the mistakes that got us here

- He is taking on board constructive criticism from all corners

- He says that these learnings must translate into action

- He knows he's got a tough season ahead

That's all pretty encouraging. I'm very concerned about where we'll go from here, but I'll reserve judgement until I see how it actually plays out.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think his stock would be higher if he came out and said he had been given a serious lesson and he was determined to learn for it and never make such mistakes again...

Agree the statement would have benefitted from that….hope we see actions which show lessons have been learned

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Making mistakes is not an issue. Business mistakes are made on a daily basis. Leaders make mistakes, shock horror. 

Rectifying those mistakes is what makes the business person. 

We’ve just been relegated and are still dealing with the mistakes of Soumare and Daka, Bertrand and Vestegaard.

Covid impacted every single club. Every. single. Club. Why are ourselves and Everton still rolling out the excuse ?

The effect of Covid depended on the business of the owners. Duty free was particularly badly hit for obvious reasons.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Totally agree, Tops only mistake was not getting rid of Rodgers early enough and paying him such an amount that he couldn’t sack him anyway. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, especially when Rodgers had delivered a fa cup and a couple of europa places.
  No one is gonna want to buy this club and the fans better get used to the idea, there’s far better projects if a billionaire wants to try their luck, Luton for a start,  we got lucky last time around, there’s simply no romance in buying this club cos it’s already happened 

this is ****ing ridiculous. We were one of the top 20 most valuable clubs in the world at the beginning of the year. Saying that Luton is more attractive than us is a stupid thing to say. **** off

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

The effect of Covid depended on the business of the owners. Duty free was particularly badly hit for obvious reasons.

Okay, so they no longer have the means to take the club where it needs to go. Time to sell.

9 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

So why did we take the risk and move away from strategy the summer immediately after Covid ?

I got no problem with people showing this loyalty to Top. It’s weird but fine. However, pretending that we haven’t committed grave errors that has resulted in one of the most unlikely relegations in PL history as a result is just plain wrong. He isn’t his father, he isn’t a successful businessman. We are, as this season shows, heavily hindered having him at the forefront of our club. You can’t argue against that. Now selling is an unlikely option but ensuring his decision making is not only doable, it’s necessary.

Not sure what the fans want.

There is no one with more money who would be more benevolent to take over Leicester City. We had the 7th largest wage bill this season and a top 10 squad value. This coupled with our smaller turnover that it doesn't matter if Elon Musk bought the club they wouldn't be able to put more into it.

Think of people like the Glazers and Mike Ashley and you will understand how different the Leicester owners are.

They will be here next season, making a long term commitment to the club, they didn't come to make money but have taken the club to heart, and will be at games next season when many of the plastics have already left.

Yes they made mistakes like not getting rid of Brendan quick enough and authorising the wage budgets that we have had, but that isn't because they aren't committed to the club or aren't investing. This covid stopping investment thing is a myth. If that was the case, Top wouldn't have written off the debts and would have sold up long ago. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Our football club means more than you will ever know. We've been here longer than you.

You've made mistake and mistake, continually over the past few years. You need to be held accountable for your actions. Calling to sell the club is the right thing as you've proven that you can't continue to financially back the club in what is needed, and your decision making or lack of it has sent us to be relegated.

Yeah the offensive stuff isn't great, but fans have a stronger voice than you will. 

He has to be held accountable for this mess. He is his own man now, it's been a while since the crash. Stand up and be counted.

I doubt he's even written that statement himself. It's tosh and offers nothing. Percy's writing offers more answers. 

He's not said anywhere in the statement that he underestimates how much the club means to fans. Or questioned the longevity.

He is being held accountable. Always has been. 

Fans can/will always have a stronger voice - but stronger does not equate to or mean being abusive/offensive. You can have a stronger voice and ask for him to sell the club. All Top is doing is relaying his commitment to not wanting to sell or do a runner, and wants to do the best by the club. 

While it might seem a while since the crash, that hurt will probably never leave him given the circumstances and of course the location. He's basically revisiting the site of the horrible tragedy every time he goes to a game. People mourn in different ways. Might be a while for you, but may seem like yesterday for him and his family. He can still stand up and be counted, which he alludes to in the statement when they say they'll reflect back on what's happened. 

Maybe he didn't write it himself and had some assistance with it. So what? It offers something if you're not totally against wanting him out. It's quite clear to see it actually does offer something in terms of wanting to get back to the PL and having the ambition to do it despite a serious and devastating setback. Top has had his shortcomings across the season, of course. But in business he needs the chance to rectify them and build on his own character, leadership, business acumen and reputation. Maybe he can do it with us instead of running away at the first time shit hits the fan in terms of what division the club is in...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big mistake letting the wage bill spiral so ridiculously 

Bad mistake letting Rodger's dismantle our team in 18 months 

But yes we should give Top time to learn from his mistakes and hopefully we kick on again 

If he gets it wrong again League One here we come 

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9
8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's not said anywhere in the statement that he underestimates how much the club means to fans. Or questioned the longevity.

He is being held accountable. Always has been. 

Fans can/will always have a stronger voice - but stronger does not equate to or mean being abusive/offensive. You can have a stronger voice and ask for him to sell the club. All Top is doing is relaying his commitment to not wanting to sell or do a runner, and wants to do the best by the club. 

While it might seem a while since the crash, that hurt will probably never leave him given the circumstances and of course the location. He's basically revisiting the site of the horrible tragedy every time he goes to a game. People mourn in different ways. Might be a while for you, but may seem like yesterday for him and his family. He can still stand up and be counted, which he alludes to in the statement when they say they'll reflect back on what's happened. 

Maybe he didn't write it himself and had some assistance with it. So what? It offers something if you're not totally against wanting him out. It's quite clear to see it actually does offer something in terms of wanting to get back to the PL and having the ambition to do it despite a serious and devastating setback. Top has had his shortcomings across the season, of course. But in business he needs the chance to rectify them and build on his own character, leadership, business acumen and reputation. Maybe he can do it with us instead of running away at the first time shit hits the fan in terms of what division the club is in...

I love your ability to speak sense to my mind sometimes. Quality post replying to my bollocks. 

4 hours ago, Phenom said:

this is ****ing ridiculous. We were one of the top 20 most valuable clubs in the world at the beginning of the year. Saying that Luton is more attractive than us is a stupid thing to say. **** off

Load of rubbish, our assets are all leaving, where do you think the money comes from? there’s gonna be no tv coverage, no advertising, the prem is where the money is, we’re history, another Blackburn.