Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

You're welcome :D

All love here. 

My anger has subsided significantly as the evening has gone on. lol Think I'm getting over it. 

Have read the message, it was a bit slow but has been made.

Now I want to see a plan going into action, hoping this is not another summer where everything is last minute, was there any preparation for this moment? We will find out over the coming weeks.

More than anything I’m heartbroken how fractured we are as a club now. From the board members to Top taking his eye off the ball to us the fans. In fighting (literally) millwall style!
Just reading how disjointed we are on this fans forumn is a reflection of what is happening right now amongst the greater masses. I’m angry and hurt too but stewing in it indefinitely is not going to help us in the long term. Yes those that have got us into this mess need to be held accountable. Top

mentions taking the criticisms constructively and turning it into action.

The main unified goal should be to get the club 100% healthy again and back in the premier league. How are we gonna get there? What’s the plan the strategy?

If the board want the fans onboard they need to begin a live dialogue once they have a plan. We need our reps from foxes trust and others to form one committee and push for a private meeting to air out the grieviences and start working together.

we ain’t going anywhere as a club if we don’t fix the heart & soul. This has to start now!

• Like 2

I received an email from Susan Whelan earlier today. I wrote to her several months ago with some observations on communications (it's my line of work), and received a generic thanks for your email acknowledgement, clearly not from her.

I wrote again on Sunday evening, and this time received what appears to be a very sincere and reassuring email, signed Susan. Of course someone else might have written it for her, but I am inclined to think it was direct. It did give me at least some reassurance that more is going on that first meets the eye.

Time will tell, of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I received an email from Susan Whelan earlier today. I wrote to her several months ago with some observations on communications (it's my line of work), and received a generic thanks for your email acknowledgement, clearly not from her.

I wrote again on Sunday evening, and this time received what appears to be a very sincere and reassuring email, signed Susan. Of course someone else might have written it for her, but I am inclined to think it was direct. It did give me at least some reassurance that more is going on that first meets the eye.

Can you publish her response? Hopefully it'll give reassurance to the rest of us too!

On 28/05/2023 at 19:31, Guesty said:

Tbh if this is how Top runs a business; I can't see the board of King Power keeping him around. 

...to be honest, his mother appears to be a better person to run this club, she seems a formidable woman, and I suspect would sack someone on the spot if she was not happy with their work!!!

We know Khun Top does not like the limelight, he has to put himself out there as the chairman, and if you are so introverted then indecision is not too far away. 

2 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Strangely I also received a reply from "Susan" today having e-mailed her again on Sunday (following no responses to my 2 previous e-mails in Sept and Mar). I wasn't particularly impressed with the response whoever it was from and I had to write back and point out that it was not "disappointment" that I feel (which she said she fully understood) but sheer anger that the Board had allowed relegation to happen via a combination of inaction and ineptitude.

• Like 1

Didn’t really understand why he had to reference the past it’s like an excuse and we should be happy we did all that which yes every fan is! But blaming covid im

sick to the back teeth with people blaming covid! He’s offered no explanation on why he’s let it go to shite over the last 18months and why they club has sleep walked to relegation! It’s an absolute disgrace how him and his so call team have let this happen! And not one player has come out on socials apologising to the fans nothing the clubs in a very dark hole and please people don’t expect us to bounce straight back up it isn’t happening this club has been so mis managed and top needs to either wake up start sacking Rudkin and whelan and getting his house in order or sell and let someone else have ago! Because from that statement and his actions I don’t think he’s in this 100%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Can you publish her response? Hopefully it'll give reassurance to the rest of us too!

She’s planning on having the angry bald fella in that white Ralph Lauren shirt give Rudkin a talking to, put the fear of god into Jon and get him out. :brendan: 

11 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Probably hanging around until the Derby on Saturday. Front page spread on racing post today/tomorrow 

100%

they have a live chance on Saturday 

A derby winner would rank alongside our fa cup win as a tribute to khun vichai who loved his horse racing and the access it gave him to the upper echelons of our society. 

I’ve thought it notable that top’s mother has been here for the run in. She grabbed his arm after the game and squeezed it reassuringly.  Read into the body language as you wish. 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve thought it notable that top’s mother has been here for the run in. She grabbed his arm after the game and squeezed it reassuringly.  Read into the body language as you wish. 

...I  believe she is the real power behind the throne at King Power!!!

I am speculating but I  could see Khun Top staying as the Chairman of LCFC and this being his sole role within the King Power Group.

I would suspect the paper write offs were to give him a company with less burden.attached to it.

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

100%

they have a live chance on Saturday 

A derby winner would rank alongside our fa cup win as a tribute to khun vichai who loved his horse racing and the access it gave him to the upper echelons of our society. 

I saw that arm squeeze. I thought it was a mother comforting a son. Nothing more. I’m hoping she does take a more active role in the club. Having someone holding Top to account would benefit us immensely. Especially if that someone is able to give him a clip around the ear!

The club was somewhat guilty of slipping into a malaise after the league win, however we had the Champions League to keep the hunger. This season i still believe there was a massive hangover from the FA Cup win, it was the holy grail at the time and at that point was when we need freshening up, Rodgers should have gone to Spurs and Youri plus some deadwood should have moved on, instead we stagnated, too many outstayed their welcome. 

The club has a horrible stench of complacency,  entitled players and senior executives not held to account for poor performance on and off the pitch. 

what Ido hope comes out of this relegation is a renewed hunger from Top, a desire to get us back on track and a ruthlessness that has been so sadly lacking in the last 2 years, returning so he can drain the swamp and lay new foundations for success. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The club was somewhat guilty of slipping into a malaise after the league win, however we had the Champions League to keep the hunger. This season i still believe there was a massive hangover from the FA Cup win, it was the holy grail at the time and at that point was when we need freshening up, Rodgers should have gone to Spurs and Youri plus some deadwood should have moved on, instead we stagnated, too many outstayed their welcome. 

The club has a horrible stench of complacency,  entitled players and senior executives not held to account for poor performance on and off the pitch. 

what Ido hope comes out of this relegation is a renewed hunger from Top, a desire to get us back on track and a ruthlessness that has been so sadly lacking in the last 2 years, returning so he can drain the swamp and lay new foundations for success. 

NO NO NO more clappers and free donuts will solve everything

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, frany104 said:

I’m coming back into the thread to say Top out. The longer this shot show goes on the longer we are going to be stuck in the championship. We can’t even get a manager sorted in a speedy fashion. 

time to sell up.

To a point I agree. We really do not seem to have drawn up any form of contingency plans for staying up or going down. We had 8 weeks from smith coming in to sort something.

He's obviously not a long term plan else he would of got a longer contract.

Was he just the cheapest option to fill the spot. So they now think he will do until/if we get promoted.

No talk of replacement players for those walking. Surely we had a prem/championship list.

Ok we perhaps not.

As usual the club saying feck all.

Yet they wonder why people are so fvcked off. Yes the personal abuse is wrong on all levels, yet they seem truly hurt by it. Did they think they were bulletproof? You're as good as your last game. Sadly 34 of the last 38 have been shite.

• Like 4

@Sambiasso alluded that Top is taking a back seat and letting Rudkin run the show that screams to me as incompetence of the highest order. We need a clean slate, if Top is not prepared to shake things up with the club board and football director, then we need new ownership imo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

@Sambiasso alluded that Top is taking a back seat and letting Rudkin run the show that screams to me as incompetence of the highest order. We need a clean slate, if Top is not prepared to shake things up with the club board and football director, then we need new ownership imo.

FFS this can't be true surely. If so we're well and truly fcuked. Top out

• Like 2

I do agree that Top made mistakes but for me it's a bit soon to wish for new owners !!

Hopefully he has learnt a few things from last season and is prepared to be a little more ruthless this coming season. 

His faith in Rudkin is the thing that really worries me more than anything .

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, frany104 said:

I’m coming back into the thread to say Top out. The longer this shot show goes on the longer we are going to be stuck in the championship. We can’t even get a manager sorted in a speedy fashion. 

time to sell up.

What if he appoints the right manager and we go straight back up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1