Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

What if he appoints the right manager and we go straight back up?

He doesn’t splint the managers. He employs Rudkin to do that. And for that reason alone, he’s culpable. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Ok, can't win then

Well he can…. Run the club better. Appoint a boardroom of people who are knowledge and can run the club with a proper strategy. 

Ensure the club has contingency plans for new managers and players.

I can go on….

the club has been completely mismanaged and he’s the owner so takes full responsibility.

from what we’re hearing with regards to new managers and players etc.. no learning has taken place. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Well he can…. Run the club better. Appoint a boardroom of people who are knowledge and can run the club with a proper strategy. 

Ensure the club has contingency plans for new managers and players.

I can go on….

the club has been completely mismanaged and he’s the owner so takes full responsibility.

from what we’re hearing with regards to new managers and players etc.. no learning has taken place. 

Just as we look at our political "leaders" and naively expect them to be semi-competant individuals, we also expect our owner to be capable of some semblance of business acumen and know how.

Sadly however all the evidence of the last couple of years points to Top being the opposite of capable in the running of a football club.

Personally l think the club is finished, either Top retains ownership and drives us to insolvency due to his misplaced loyalty, gullibility, hesitancy and poor decision making, or he jumps ship and sells it to a Saudi barbarian.

Either way our club will be gone.

I believe history will say that when that helicopter crashed it took our wonderful club with it.☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, J. James said:

Just as we look at our political "leaders" and naively expect them to be semi-competant individuals, we also expect our owner to be capable of some semblance of business acumen and know how.

Sadly however all the evidence of the last couple of years points to Top being the opposite of capable in the running of a football club.

Personally l think the club is finished, either Top retains ownership and drives us to insolvency due to his misplaced loyalty, gullibility, hesitancy and poor decision making, or he jumps ship and sells it to a Saudi barbarian.

Either way our club will be gone.

I believe history will say that when that helicopter crashed it took our wonderful club with it.☹️

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Would anyone be uncomfortable with a possible Chinese or Saudi ownership as the next owners?..

Think the Chinese have go off buying football clubs when the state stopped nationals moving large sums of money abroad.

Plus there Super League kind of collapsed after COVID and not quite recovered.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Would anyone be uncomfortable with a possible Chinese or Saudi ownership as the next owners?..

I would find it hard to have much affiliation with the club if it was owned defacto by the Saudi state.  Private Chinese owners less of a concern.  More likely imo to be American though, which while morally better might be financially worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I have followed Leicester City since 1962 and have seen a few different owners & so far, Top and his family have been the best. I fully realize that mistakes have been made but the old adage of " be careful what you wish for" really does enter into this conversation. Ask a Newcastle fan about Mike Ashley !!

I couldn’t agree more with this sentiment, Top has made some poor judgement calls in recent months, however overall the club feels in relatively safe hands in terms of the owners  intentions etc,  Now there is nothing to say we would end up with unscrupulous owners but it is a concern especially when you see what is going on at clubs such as Wigan. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I have followed Leicester City since 1962 and have seen a few different owners & so far, Top and his family have been the best. I fully realize that mistakes have been made but the old adage of " be careful what you wish for" really does enter into this conversation. Ask a Newcastle fan about Mike Ashley !!

I think a lot of people have forgotten about the old man's mistakes since we won the league.

He didn't come in and immediately set us on the path for greatness. It takes time and mistakes are a big part of that.

Maybe not with how big of a mistake last season was, especially as Top should have been in the background learning the ropes.

However, it is what it is. We have a season to try and put things right and, hopefully, have a great season in the Championship where we can actually celebrate some things.

For goodness sake improve the communication side of things. If Smith and Co have gone for good at least thank them publicly especially a club legend like Craig Shakespeare. 

Please change the match day experience and get the fans out of the sleepwalking malaise from last season and get us vocal. Starting with the King Power homage video and the 8 year old goal music. Move on!!!

• Like 2

I'd like more competent yet less immoral.

I don't want to go lower than a monarchy-granted monopoly.

I want Top to up his game, i.e. delegate sensibly, yet in these two weeks there's been little indication he has or will.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

For goodness sake improve the communication side of things. If Smith and Co have gone for good at least thank them publicly especially a club legend like Craig Shakespeare. 

Please change the match day experience and get the fans out of the sleepwalking malaise from last season and get us vocal. Starting with the King Power homage video and the 8 year old goal music. Move on!!!

The fact that nothing has been said by the club regarding Smith and Co does tend to suggest all is not done and dusted with them perhaps.