Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

18 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Smith never really got the heart pumping first time around so if he's appointed permanently then it's going to seem a proper anti-climax. I think with relegation and player exodus fans in general just need some sort of a lift and that that can be easily done with  an exotic name in the management seat. 

The thing is I'm sure if Smith was appointed he'd probably do OK. It'll just be the most boring appointment ever. 

Agree with all of that.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Smith never really got the heart pumping first time around so if he's appointed permanently then it's going to seem a proper anti-climax. I think with relegation and player exodus fans in general just need some sort of a lift and that that can be easily done with  an exotic name in the management seat. 

The thing is I'm sure if Smith was appointed he'd probably do OK. It'll just be the most boring appointment ever. 

Spot on

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

It would look like he got the job based on no one else wants it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

It has to be an 'exotic' name? Really? 

If he gets us promoted, I don't care if its an exotic name or a boring appointment. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What you panicking about? It's only been 15 days since we were relegated. And it's a whopping 53 days until the season kicks off. We don't have manager and probably need incomings and outgoings of players in the 15-20 range. 

Oh and the rest of the division have been getting themselves sorted since the 8th of May. 

It’s okay Rudkin is at the wheel, while Top is on his jolly’s. :thumbup:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Would anyone be uncomfortable with a possible Chinese or Saudi ownership as the next owners?..

Yes. They wouldn't be able to spend their wealth and sportswashing is the most tedious, never ending discussion in football.

3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Everton clearing their entire board out and they didn’t even go down 

because they are making a business decision and haven’t got too close to the staff. Like … urm a boss not a best mate. 

What a place we are in, when everton are better run than ourselves 

2 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Everton clearing their entire board out and they didn’t even go down 

Everton are in a serious mess. Deep in debt and under investigation for FFP infringement.    A completely different scenario to us.    

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

If he gets us promoted, I don't care if its an exotic name or a boring appointment. 

Well, you don't get much more exotic than Nigel Pearson, do you? He didn't do too bad.

I got no problem with people having this love affair with Top. It’s weird but fine, you do you. 

However, when people come out with comments suggesting we’ve hit gold and have a chairman many would cream over, do me a favour and shut up. There are so many issues with this guy, suggesting otherwise is now just stupidity. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Exactly this... We went down the Paulo Sousa and Sven route before, it just doesn't work in the championship! Someone who knows this league well is key to us going straight back up in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I got no problem with people having this love affair with Top. It’s weird but fine, you do you. 

However, when people come out with comments suggesting we’ve hit gold and have a chairman many would cream over, do me a favour and shut up. There are so many issues with this guy, suggesting otherwise is now just stupidity. 

Until we’re back in the PL, he’s got to be called Bottom. How has that not caught on 100% by now?!