Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Vichai died before Youri even came on loan don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Sigh. The Marcia/Vichai structure that came about post 2016 disaster was very much our plan when Tielemans signed. 

Also there is no narrative here! Jesus, we are about to embark on a Championship season we are on a spending spree to break records of all records in this league. Top has more than enough out there to beat him with, without making it up. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Been in York today. Guess who pulls up at the hotel... 

PXL_20230708_141007247-1.thumb.jpg.5f12dfbfe3e1b6c9f5b09ce8dd4fdd4d.jpg

Top looked very smart... 

Presume he's closing out the Harvey Barnes deal, collecting the bags of cash from the Saudis...York is half way (ish) between Newcastle and Leicester 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

Hope he’s having fun seeing his accessory/football club getting humiliated in Asia with his chums.

The guy should just avoid getting the plane with the team and sell up.

It’s pre season against liverpool ….. I’m sure top is very capable of seeing context 

Last season i was saying that we are missing chance to become established team that always fights for europe and top 6

little did i know back then that we were so ****ed and worse times were coming

Not sure if we will ever promote to premier league to be honest

Still, this forum talks about anything except our owner being useless 

• Haha 2

At least Susan Whelan is at the club, with her expertise.

She seems to have a close bond/respect with the club's employees.

(For example, when the club's Head Groundsman announced that he was leaving, she was apparently in tears.)

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

He's clueless, appoint a proper leadership group at the club.

I think that’s the one thing I respect about owners like Man City’s…. He doesn’t hide the fact he’s filthy rich, but he also doesn’t pretend he knows the right decisions. He appoints the right people to run the right areas whilst he can sit back and enjoy the success. No harm in that.

On 12/06/2023 at 21:53, Mickyblueeyes said:

I saw this today and laughed. There is a genuine group within our fan base that call Top the driven chairman/owner that Villa have. 

We sold a player for £80m and that January bought in Ryan Bennett on loan - going for the champions league. All the money spent in the summer they said - we bought Ayoze ****ing Perez for £30 bastard million. 

Monchi coming into Villa who have Rob McKenzie the Walsh disciple sat on transfers. We have Rudkin and replaced Marcia with Congerton. With Emery in management Villa are the ambitious club. Tielemans didn’t sign the contract because he wanted CL. He didn’t sign because he saw the lack of basic ambition. Ironic that he signed for us previously because of the Vichai led ambition.

All the players who didnt renew contracts, it was a sign something was up.  Never since we were forced via administration have I known a time whilst supporting the club so many first team players couldnt even pen a renewal.

Kasper said he didnt even get a response on his renewal.

Edited by Chrysalis

12 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

That was a completely wasted 10 days of season preparation. The Asia tour was nothing more than vanity project by the board to generate more revenue overseas.

Coventry will really be fancying their chances in a week's time.

And all it served to do was highlight how irrelevant we really are out there while we're in that league. All we've done is reinforce that idea. I'd say our reputation comes out of this lower than it went in.

The Asia tour fell short of even my astoundingly low expectations.

On 12/06/2023 at 21:53, Mickyblueeyes said:

I saw this today and laughed. There is a genuine group within our fan base that call Top the driven chairman/owner that Villa have. 

We sold a player for £80m and that January bought in Ryan Bennett on loan - going for the champions league. All the money spent in the summer they said - we bought Ayoze ****ing Perez for £30 bastard million. 

Monchi coming into Villa who have Rob McKenzie the Walsh disciple sat on transfers. We have Rudkin and replaced Marcia with Congerton. With Emery in management Villa are the ambitious club. Tielemans didn’t sign the contract because he wanted CL. He didn’t sign because he saw the lack of basic ambition. Ironic that he signed for us previously because of the Vichai led ambition.

Also the sustainable, comply with ffp, sell 1 player to build the squad model was a load of bullsh*t to hide the fact our owners cant financially compete at the highest level.

Bournemouth, Villa, Brighton & Brentford currently have a net spend of 40m+ and will probably spend more.