Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Pigeons. Help.

We have an infestation of pigeons roosting under our solar panels and it is no longer amusing.

The noise, the smell, the shite and broken eggs on our patio, the guttering full of crap, the droppings on the conservatory roof. It's getting us down.

There is a mesh available to prevent pigeons getting under solar panels, but it (obviously) requires fitting. I could hire a scaffolding tower if you guys know of anyone that could come and fit the mesh. It's a sloping roof and the panels take up most of the area. Standard two storey house.

I'm in my 60's so I'd be risking it trying to do it myself.

Stop birds nesting on your building

If you're having problems with birds nesting on buildings, there are some actions you can take to try and discourage birds from nesting there. Remember, though, that nests are protected while they're being built or in use, so you should take these actions well before the nesting season to make sure that you're not disturbing active nests - ideally, during winter.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/wildlife/animals/birds/birdnests/moving

Edited by Shane
  • Thanks 1

Pest related topic

Help: How to stop Badgers shitting in your garden ? 

We have one visiting who has mistaken the bottom of our garden for its WC. The amount of shit each day is staggering, such that I thought it might even have been deposited by a. passing vagrant or even someone’s escaped pet hippopotamus. Anyway, google tells me that urine might deter the badger as it would smell the scent and move on. Not sure what my neighbours will think of me regularly pissing in my garden though ! 

24 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Pest related topic

We have one visiting who has mistaken the bottom of our garden for its WC. The amount of shit each day is staggering, such that I thought it might even have been deposited by a. passing vagrant or even someone’s escaped pet hippopotamus. Anyway, google tells me that urine might deter the badger as it would smell the scent and move on. Not sure what my neighbours will think of me regularly pissing in my garden though ! 

We had a similar issue a while back. I got some lion urine (from ebay, not directly) and it did the trick. 

Might even work for pigeons…

34 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Pest related topic

Have a similar problem with a Fox that uses the pavement and road at the end of my drive every so often for the last few weeks, the pile o' poop is not so great but my god it stinks when it decides to drop by, you can smell it from two to three meters away in the dark early in the morning.

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

How to stop Badgers shitting in your garden ? 

Anyway, google tells me that urine might deter the badger as it would smell the scent and move on. Not sure what my neighbours will think of me regularly pissing in my garden though ! 

Ask them. I'm sure they've seen you often enough.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu