Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Dario Osorio

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...seems to operate as much if not more on the left as on the right!!!

I just do not know why there seems to be a ratio of 20 to 1 , in regards to LW to RW, so hard for us to pick up a genuine player.

Modern trend is for inverted wingers and right footers are more common. Used to be that left wingers were scarce - remember Scholes, Gerrard, Heskey on the left wing?

South American wingers are often two-footed, they start practicing it at such a young age.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/10/31/wolves-have-agreed-to-sign-leicester-target-who-plays-like-gareth-bale/

According to 90Min, the likes of Leicester, Brighton and Hove Albion and Brentford are showing a ‘real interest’ in Osorio. Chilean reporter Maks Cardenas, meanwhile, claims to have heard that Wolverhampton Wanderers have agreed a deal to bring the teenager to Molineux in a £5.5 million deal; potentially as soon as the January transfer window. 

“Today, I can’t tell you we are ready to sell Dario Osorio,” explains Cecilia Perez, Universidad’s Vice President. “Because he first has to go through the board of directors 

“I can tell you that there are specific offers for Dario Osorio. Are there are offers from Wolverhampton Wanderers? Could be. There are offers. 

“If we get an offer at the height of what he is worth, (and one that suits) the aspirations that Dario has, without a doubt that will happen (he will leave). The last two years, Universidad de Chile has not been able to sell any player. And that hits you hard in the pocket.”  

On 30/09/2022 at 16:11, Bryn said:

Modern trend is for inverted wingers and right footers are more common. Used to be that left wingers were scarce - remember Scholes, Gerrard, Heskey on the left wing?

South American wingers are often two-footed, they start practicing it at such a young age.

South America is huge and there’s no one South American way of doing things— I watch a lot of football occurring on that continent and wouldn’t say that wingers from those countries are especially two-footed. 

This kid is still young and has plenty of time to develop but he clearly prefers to play the ball with his left foot whenever possible. He is, however, really talented and I’d love to see us get young players like him!

33 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....based on  Transfer Market,  played 10 games on the right, 6 on the Left Wing and 6 in Left Midfield!!!

I doubt TransferMarkt is closely tracking the positions of players in the Chilean league. He does play on both flanks, though. 

We have to remember, though, players often slot in where they’re needed by their clubs and he’s only 18, he still has plenty of time to take ownership of a specific role.  

• 6 months later...
30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Linked again. Account has two million followers - makes you think it may have something in it.

...he does tend to have a heavy touch!!!

Really not sure he could get away with this in the league. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Linked again. Account has two million followers - makes you think it may have something in it.

Lucas Assadi is the better of the two at the club, but if we've heard of Osorio and seem interested there's hope we've also watched him.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hear me out here but maybe we wouldn’t sign him to be an immediate starter and might look to coach him?

.. I  hear you, and understand that he will need to develop!!!

We are looking for technical players at the moment and players such as him would be what we are looking to bring in,  to play alongside the experienced players that we have retained.

If we brought in more players such as this, then we would quickly forget the last 18 months, because we would have a lot more to look forward to.

Very highly rated player in South America and the type of player that is worth taking a risk on. Interesting that it seems like we are interested even if going down, because I'm surprised the player would be interested. But it has worked out for players like Joao Pedro at Watford so maybe not that unbelievable to think this could happen.