Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Dario Osorio

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very highly rated player in South America and the type of player that is worth taking a risk on. Interesting that it seems like we are interested even if going down, because I'm surprised the player would be interested. But it has worked out for players like Joao Pedro at Watford so maybe not that unbelievable to think this could happen.

Not a huge thing for South Americans outside the big 2 to make the move to second tier teams, Nunez to Norwich, Matturo from Uruguay to Genoa, it's a stepping stone, money outside of Brazil, Argentina and Colombia won't be massive either.

Anyway I thought all these signings were reliant on world class analytics? As you were telling people when discussing Brighton and Enciso after stating he'd been suggested on here.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not a huge thing for South Americans outside the big 2 to make the move to second tier teams, Nunez to Norwich, Matturo from Uruguay to Genoa, it's a stepping stone, money outside of Brazil, Argentina and Colombia won't be massive either.

Anyway I thought all these signings were reliant on world class analytics? As you were telling people when discussing Brighton and Enciso after stating he'd been suggested on here.

Maybe now we have world class analytics now lol!

Or more likely a change in direction as I can’t remember the last time we signed a player directly from South America. I think a lot of clubs have seen what Brighton have done and are trying to replicate it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Maybe now we have world class analytics now lol!

Or more likely a change in direction as I can’t remember the last time we signed a player directly from South America. I think a lot of clubs have seen what Brighton have done and are trying to replicate it. 

Unlikely 😂

Fair enough though, amazing more don't with the work permit rules and the value to be had outside of Brazil, Argentina and Colombia.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Unlikely 😂

Fair enough though, amazing more don't with the work permit rules and the value to be had outside of Brazil, Argentina and Colombia.

I think more and more clubs are catching on quickly because as you say it’s proving to be amazing value. Brighton we all know about but Chelsea have signed Andre and Kendry Paez and whilst these haven’t played yet I’m expecting big things from both, especially Paez who is monstrous at 17.

Forest signed Danilo who’s done well for them as has the midfielder Wolves have signed (Joao Andre is it?). Prices for top players will increase rapidly but there are definitely great deals to be had this summer. This guy could be one of them!

I’m also expecting two super exciting Brazilian strikers to move to the Premier League / Europe this summer in Marcos Leonardo and Vitor Roque. Roque I think looks exceptional!

Also noted you mentioned the Uruguayan CB at Genoa as there’s another promising CB called Sebastian Boselli who I think we should be looking at, especially if we go down. 

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think more and more clubs are catching on quickly because as you say it’s proving to be amazing value. Brighton we all know about but Chelsea have signed Andre and Kendry Paez and whilst these haven’t played yet I’m expecting big things from both, especially Paez who is monstrous at 17.

Forest signed Danilo who’s done well for them as has the midfielder Wolves have signed (Joao Andre is it?). Prices for top players will increase rapidly but there are definitely great deals to be had this summer. This guy could be one of them!

I’m also expecting two super exciting Brazilian strikers to move to the Premier League / Europe this summer in Marcos Leonardo and Vitor Roque. Roque I think looks exceptional!

Also noted you mentioned the Uruguayan CB at Genoa as there’s another promising CB called Sebastian Boselli who I think we should be looking at, especially if we go down. 

Yeah Boselli is very good, at Defensor as was Matturo, they produce a lot of talent. It'll be interesting to see who eventually ends up higher.

If we go down I'd be avoiding the bigger 2, as although it's fairly low risk in terms of eventual profit it would require a bigger outlay, I'd rather we scour the other nations, I've suggested a few Venezuelans in the random thread, along with a couple of Chileans and Uruguayans, that should be dirt cheap and we'd easily move on to Spain/Portugal/Italy if they turned out a bit shit. 

15 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Lucas Assadi is the better of the two at the club, but if we've heard of Osorio and seem interested there's hope we've also watched him.

...just went on to YouTube, can't say that he is better than Osorio!!!

He is poor in front of goal, shots are at chest height, and easy for keepers as opposed to going low, forcing the keeper to go to ground. I am not sure what his assist figures are like, but he does not create the one-on-one situations that his teammates need.

https://www.adnradio.cl/futbol/2023/05/30/leicester-mantiene-la-primera-opcion-para-llevarse-a-dario-osorio.html

Leicester maintains the first option to take Dario Osorio

According to information from ADN Deportes, despite being relegated from the Premier League, the "Foxes" continue with advanced efforts to buy the pass for the young U midfielder.

With the closing of the first round of the 2023 National Championship, one of the big doubts for the second semester of the U de Chile is the future of one of its young promises, Darío Osorio.

After Azul Azul rejected a proposal from AC Milan for around 5 million dollars, in the environment of the secular university team they point to this transfer market as the space for the departure of the midfielder.

According to information from ADN Deportes , the relegated Leicester of England continues to run with the first option to take Darío Osorio , considering that the player's agents have already had meetings with the British cast in Europe and the approaches have been maintained since the South American Sub 20 In colombia.

The completion or not of the transfer will depend on the determinations that the "Foxes" must take, considering that the mission in the short term is to rearm their squad after losing the category. The interest of the 19-year-old player will also depend on whether or not he wants to play in the Championship.

Although a few days ago we stated that the U of Chile would not get rid of Darío Osorio for less than 7 million dollars, everything indicates that the operation, if completed, would be around 5 million US dollars . This while the name of the footballer continues to have options to go out to football in Italy, although Leicester is the one with the advantage in negotiations.

• Like 2

Interesting story. Forest ventured in to the south american leagues had great success with Danilo. Whilst a gamble there is an influx of South American talent arriving across all of Europe's top divisions every year. Would not be adverse to trying to find a couple of gems, particularly when sharper deals can be done on those looking to make a breakthrough. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

The completion or not of the transfer will depend on the determinations that the "Foxes" must take, considering that the mission in the short term is to rearm their squad after losing the category. The interest of the 19-year-old player will also depend on whether or not he wants to play in the Championship.

Although a few days ago we stated that the U of Chile would not get rid of Darío Osorio for less than 7 million dollars, everything indicates that the operation, if completed, would be around 5 million US dollars . This while the name of the footballer continues to have options to go out to football in Italy, although Leicester is the one with the advantage in negotiations.

...if he did his homework, he would realise that Mahrez started for us in the Championship!!!

Being in the second tier allows players to make a suitable adjustment and settle down without the glare of the Premiership.

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if he did his homework, he would realise that Mahrez started for us in the Championship!!!

Being in the second tier allows players to make a suitable adjustment and settle down without the glare of the Premiership.

You would think Rudkin has this built into his recruitment powerpoint presentations we show our targets🤣:ph34r:

One of those when you're initially excited because he's a South American winger then dive deeper and see he's been capped twice at senior level by Chile who are one of the ultimate "they're no mugs, you know" sides at international level, feeling positive about Dario G

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

You mean Alves the lad out with an ACL and hasn’t started a single game of senior football? 
You’re right, it’s puzzling 

He’ll be back next season and I’d have thought a first team squad member. Rodgers was going to give him a run of appearances in the first team in the Premier League before the ACL injury. 

7 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

He’ll be back next season and I’d have thought a first team squad member. Rodgers was going to give him a run of appearances in the first team in the Premier League before the ACL injury. 

..I am not sure where you got that information from!!!

Rodgers was not a great one for blooding academy players, he did allow little cameos here and there. He had a chance at the back end of last season where he could have played one or two academy boys such as Braybrooke or even Alves, but seem to want the points on the board to take us up the league. We picked up cheap points at the end of last season, the only team that needed the points got all three of them (Everton) and we helped them to stay up.