Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Dario Osorio

9 hours ago, mod hero said:

His first touch looks pretty questionable as well 😂

...the ball does tend to get away from him a lot, but he does tend to recover it. One of these days he is going to go in and badly injure himself chasing a ball which he has allowed to get away from him!!!

On 27/05/2023 at 23:20, ALC Fox said:

Never heard of him until today but I'm already looking forward to him and Will Alves firing us towards Premier League title/promotion [delete as appropriate tomorrow evening] glory next season

...not sure about Alves, but this player looks good!!!

South America was always the value-for-money area to look to after Brexit, but we chose to continue to look in the same places and everybody else. Coming to the party late again.

21 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

He’ll be back next season and I’d have thought a first team squad member. Rodgers was going to give him a run of appearances in the first team in the Premier League before the ACL injury. 

Because Tete is gone, we are likely to lose Barnes, Maddison and a host of others.

Alves can't fill in for everyone. 

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure about Alves, but this player looks good!!!

South America was always the value-for-money area to look to after Brexit, but we chose to continue to look in the same places and everybody else. Coming to the party late again.

Alves looked the business before the ACL horror incident. We should look after home grown first. Thought that was the Brexit way?

Edited by An Away Move
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

LW until his early 20's IMO.

Agree. It’s amazing to see him hare down the LW taking people on. He has the skills to go by people. Rodgers wanted three touches and pass or you’ll get hooked. Baffling. Imagine Ferguson saying that to a young Giggs?! No me neither. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Inject that into my veins.

Get him and Alves into that first team now, play them wherever - on the wings, behind the striker, across the front line - I don't care, just give me those two tearing into Championship defences.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Where would you play Alves? He can play either wing or as a 10. 

Alves is 18 and had a massive injury, I don’t think he will be back in training until August, and it’s in the balance whether he will be good enough when he returns, we can’t count on him next season in my view. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Am I the only one that thinks at times he looks uncomfortable running with the ball? Can’t tell if it’s that or his running style?

If you look at the amount the ball bobbles on some of those pitches it's hardly surprising lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This lad comes from a long line of maverick Dario’s or Darius’:

Darius from Pop Idol (RIP)

Darius Vassell

Dario G

Dario Gradi

Dario Hubner

This lad

That’ll do for me!

@Basingstoke Fox was nearly called Darius, genuinely lol 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Looks a real talent, can play either side, but if we are playing with wingbacks, are we likely to play him often enough to attract him ahead of West Ham or Wolves in the Prem? Unlikely.

We might do both, with a 3-4-3?

• 1 month later...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-insist-signing-cheaper-deal-possible-scout-watched-player-game-today/

Leicester City ‘insist’ on signing as cheaper deal possible – Scout watched player in game today

Leicester City are sending a scout to watch Chilean striker Dario Osorio, with manager Enzo Maresca keen for more signings this summer.

That’s according to El Futbolero, who say Leicester ‘insist’ on signing the player and believe they can get him on the cheap to boot.

They explain that Maresca is keen to keep adding talent to his forward line in the coming weeks after losing both Harvey Barnes and James Maddison. There is also a belief that several other players could depart before the end of the window.

Osorio is one of the players who ‘still appears on the radar’ after being linked earlier this year when it was reported that his club, Club Universidad de Chile, were expecting a formal offer.

They’re now reportedly keen to reinvigorate that interest, with El Futbolero reporting that they know the player ‘has been devalued in recent months’. They’re now ready to approach the CDA with a proposal of $4m for 75% of the player’s rights.

Whether that’s enough to convince the Chilean side into a sale isn’t mentioned but Leicester are certainly keen, with it even explained they’ve sent an ‘emissary’ out to watch Osorio in the clash with O’Higgins.

Osorio started that game today and even bagged Universidad de Chile’s first goal of the game in the 5-2 defeat, so perhaps the Foxes will be convinced to push ahead with their interest.

Either way, they had a scout in attendance and seem keen on a deal for the player as they rebuild their squad under Maresca.

• Like 3