Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Dario Osorio

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-insist-signing-cheaper-deal-possible-scout-watched-player-game-today/

Leicester City ‘insist’ on signing as cheaper deal possible – Scout watched player in game today

Leicester City are sending a scout to watch Chilean striker Dario Osorio, with manager Enzo Maresca keen for more signings this summer.

That’s according to El Futbolero, who say Leicester ‘insist’ on signing the player and believe they can get him on the cheap to boot.

They explain that Maresca is keen to keep adding talent to his forward line in the coming weeks after losing both Harvey Barnes and James Maddison. There is also a belief that several other players could depart before the end of the window.

Osorio is one of the players who ‘still appears on the radar’ after being linked earlier this year when it was reported that his club, Club Universidad de Chile, were expecting a formal offer.

They’re now reportedly keen to reinvigorate that interest, with El Futbolero reporting that they know the player ‘has been devalued in recent months’. They’re now ready to approach the CDA with a proposal of $4m for 75% of the player’s rights.

Whether that’s enough to convince the Chilean side into a sale isn’t mentioned but Leicester are certainly keen, with it even explained they’ve sent an ‘emissary’ out to watch Osorio in the clash with O’Higgins.

Osorio started that game today and even bagged Universidad de Chile’s first goal of the game in the 5-2 defeat, so perhaps the Foxes will be convinced to push ahead with their interest.

Either way, they had a scout in attendance and seem keen on a deal for the player as they rebuild their squad under Maresca.

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-insist-signing-cheaper-deal-possible-scout-watched-player-game-today/

Leicester City ‘insist’ on signing as cheaper deal possible – Scout watched player in game today

Leicester City are sending a scout to watch Chilean striker Dario Osorio, with manager Enzo Maresca keen for more signings this summer.

That’s according to El Futbolero, who say Leicester ‘insist’ on signing the player and believe they can get him on the cheap to boot.

They explain that Maresca is keen to keep adding talent to his forward line in the coming weeks after losing both Harvey Barnes and James Maddison. There is also a belief that several other players could depart before the end of the window.

Osorio is one of the players who ‘still appears on the radar’ after being linked earlier this year when it was reported that his club, Club Universidad de Chile, were expecting a formal offer.

They’re now reportedly keen to reinvigorate that interest, with El Futbolero reporting that they know the player ‘has been devalued in recent months’. They’re now ready to approach the CDA with a proposal of $4m for 75% of the player’s rights.

Whether that’s enough to convince the Chilean side into a sale isn’t mentioned but Leicester are certainly keen, with it even explained they’ve sent an ‘emissary’ out to watch Osorio in the clash with O’Higgins.

Osorio started that game today and even bagged Universidad de Chile’s first goal of the game in the 5-2 defeat, so perhaps the Foxes will be convinced to push ahead with their interest.

Either way, they had a scout in attendance and seem keen on a deal for the player as they rebuild their squad under Maresca.

What will those who said it's pipe dream, us signing direct from South America say though.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't know that much about him but ever since we were linked I've tried to get a bit more under the bonnet. He's comfortable off both feet which is a real plus for left footed players and he's quick, direct and seems to be creative as well as being focused on scoring himself.

It would be a punt, but ticks plenty of boxes. I'm comforted we are scouting South America!

My only concern is he actually hasn't done an awful lot for one of the big 3 Chilean sides, although he is still very young and still well worth the punt. Compared with Aravena though who's numbers are far better playing for another of the big 3, with the added in fact he's also put up good numbers for Nublense.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

My only concern is he actually hasn't done an awful lot for one of the big 3 Chilean sides, although he is still very young and still well worth the punt. Compared with Aravena though who's numbers are far better playing for another of the big 3, with the added in fact he's also put up good numbers for Nublense.

Seemed better last season stats wise.

Also, despite me saying he is a creative type winger, he's yet to register an assist in the league. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Seemed better last season stats wise.

Also, despite me saying he is a creative type winger, he's yet to register an assist in the league. 

Must have something about him though as they've clearly seen something beyond his numbers. As someone putting up so few goals or assists for a side as big as his, wouldn't usually attract this much interest. Aravena is my new David Martinez though (until he's eligible for a move anyway 😂)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What will those who said it's pipe dream, us signing direct from South America say though.

You are forgetting the Anderson Perry factor-   ‘Here we don’t go’

• Haha 2

This would be a fun signing to make. Who knows if he would make it or not, but a bit of South American flair would go down well with me. Tete might have been a failure for us, but that was a tough situation to come into. Who knows he might have done well for us in the Championship?

This is the type of player that could have a very high ceiling, which is why I'd welcome such a player.