Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Diffco

Dario Osorio

7 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

What does it mean for us to own 75% of player rights. Sounds dodgey. Does it just mean a 25% sell on fee?

Iirc it's not actually legal in this country anymore after Tevez and Mascherano? 

Don't players contracts have to be owned entirely by a club and not third parties? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Iirc it's not actually legal in this country anymore after Tevez and Mascherano? 

Don't players contracts have to be owned entirely by a club and not third parties? 

That's what I meant by dodgey. I was think of those West Ham deals. I just hope he is not in a situation like that, because that would make any deal and negotiations very difficult. 

Hope it's just about sell on... but 25% seems high.

39 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

That's what I meant by dodgey. I was think of those West Ham deals. I just hope he is not in a situation like that, because that would make any deal and negotiations very difficult. 

Hope it's just about sell on... but 25% seems high.

Southampton owe Chelsea 40% of the livramento fee they'll receive from Newcastle ! If the fee is lower or spread over a long period of time - which I assume is a tactic employed by glover at Southampton - then the selling club want their slice of a player they believe will be worth more in time.

Co-ownership was banned by the premier league in 2007 and I would assume the same applies for the rest of the pyramid but I could be wrong. If there is co-ownership involved, I can't see us working round that I'm afraid, at least not in time, it took us forever to negotiate Tete. Another reason why its more difficult for English clubs to buy South American players !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

Southampton owe Chelsea 40% of the livramento fee they'll receive from Newcastle ! If the fee is lower or spread over a long period of time - which I assume is a tactic employed by glover at Southampton - then the selling club want their slice of a player they believe will be worth more in time.

Co-ownership was banned by the premier league in 2007 and I would assume the same applies for the rest of the pyramid but I could be wrong. If there is co-ownership involved, I can't see us working round that I'm afraid, at least not in time, it took us forever to negotiate Tete. Another reason why its more difficult for English clubs to buy South American players !

Didn't Fifa also ban third party ownership, albeit a lot later than we did in England. 

Finally, this one has resurfaced. Good stuff. Very little to go on him as @Ric Flair says, but he does seem to fit the bill of what we need. A bit raw too, which would be fun to watch him develop in the Championship with us.

@Sambiasso out of curiosity, has his name been mentioned to you? Osorio, not Ric's of course 👀

9 hours ago, KansasFox said:

What does it mean for us to own 75% of player rights. Sounds dodgey. Does it just mean a 25% sell on fee?

Yes, it's just a sell-on fee. You'll often see South American journos/clubs reporting "X club will pay $10M for 80% of the player's pass" which is the same thing, just different verbiage.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Here’s what he actually said on him..

...well it seemed we did not move quickly enough!!!

Disappointing that we are looking to miss out on a player that we should have been able to bring into our squad. We have problems closing out deals, Casadei could well go the same way. All the noises regarding the deals being tied up, too slow out of the gates.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Disappointing that we are looking to miss out on a player that we should have been able to bring into our squad. We have problems closing out deals, Casadei could well go the same way. All the noises regarding the deals being tied up, too slow out of the gates.

hmm, hodgson literally says “i am in no hurry to send him out on loan” doesn’t sound like that’s us being too slow, just his  club taking a proper look at him. 

Most clubs do that in preseason, it’s only us that hurry people out the door before giving them a chance to impress 

Edited by Lambert09

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Nothing to do with not moving quick enough.

If Palace don’t sanction the move, what can we do?