Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Training ground fights

I’m not sure if many of you have seen what recently has happened in the NBA but there’s been a leak of a player essentially assaulting a team mate in training. In ordinary life, you’d be fired and arrested.. it’s really not pleasant to see. 

it’s just a game after all.  But the reaction has been even more shocking. The player is just getting a fine. no suspension, barely a slap on the wrist. The coach came out and said, he’s seen over 20 fights like this behind the scenes and it’s no big deal just that it shouldn’t be leaked to the press. Interestingly, the coach is the guy jordan punched in training once 😂

There are so many moral questions here. Why do athletes get to act like this but nobody else could? is there a specific problem with the he nba or is this common in all sport. 

i wonder how many football fights we’ve never heard about? Anyone know of any rumoured ones at Leicester that never really got published in the media? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m not sure if many of you have seen what recently has happened in the NBA but there’s been a leak of a player essentially assaulting a team mate in training. In ordinary life, you’d be fired and arrested.. it’s really not pleasant to see. 

it’s just a game after all.  But the reaction has been even more shocking. The player is just getting a fine. no suspension, barely a slap on the wrist. The coach came out and said, he’s seen over 20 fights like this behind the scenes and it’s no big deal just that it shouldn’t be leaked to the press. Interestingly, the coach is the guy jordan punched in training once 😂

There are so many moral questions here. Why do athletes get to act like this but nobody else could? is there a specific problem with the he nba or is this common in all sport. 

i wonder how many football fights we’ve never heard about? Anyone know of any rumoured ones at Leicester that never really got published in the media? 

We see it nearly every week in the premier league with players squaring up to each other when do you see that in ordinary life, you have fans cheering when a rough tackle goes in, fans encourage players to “get into” the opponent

When I worked in the car trade, I saw serious punch ups for people accused of stealing customers!

I think it happens a lot to be honest in a lot of normal jobs.

Even if you work in an office and it's not a competitive industry, still doesn't mean you wouldn't headbut Colin, because he's a nob.

Not saying I agree with it, but it happens.

A lot of things that happen on a football or rugby pitch could end in a prison sentence in every day life.

11 hours ago, Rain King said:

I've heard about a recent one at our training ground from someone that works there although always inclined to think it's rubbish.

It’s true, Rodgers punched Maddison’s baby.

Sack him, Top. Sack him hard.

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Surely the Police can do what they want with this, they don't need to abide by some club policy. 

He should be done for assault, he could easily have killed him if that punch landed right. 

33 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Wasn't Wise & Callum Davidson's fight at the card table?

Not actually at the card table was it? allegedly hadn't it all calmed down and Wise went back as Davidson was in bed, he then made out he'd come to apologise and shake his hand and instead went for him.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

17 hours ago, filbertway said:

Trevor Benjamin sparked out Stan Collymoore back in the day

That’s it I was trying to think who it was that had a pop at him and kept coming back to Heskey but thought they weren’t together long enough to fall out.

I image big Trevor got lucky and just aimed for the middle Collymore 😂 

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

That’s it I was trying to think who it was that had a pop at him and kept coming back to Heskey but thought they weren’t together long enough to fall out.

I image big Trevor got lucky and just aimed for the middle Collymore 😂 

Benjamin was a black belt in some kind of martial art wasn't he, think it was Matt Piper who told that story and also said Benjamin threw Savage in to a thorn bush or something like that

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Benjamin was a black belt in some kind of martial art wasn't he, think it was Matt Piper who told that story and also said Benjamin threw Savage in to a thorn bush or something like that

Get in Benji I can only assume Savage deserved it.

35 minutes ago, Hales said:

Do tell......

Reluctant to put any credence in it as you always hear tales.

What I was told was that Rodgers lost his rag with a staff member at the training ground, Soyuncu supposedly stepped in to stick up for the staff member and accidentally knocked Rodgers to the ground, who subsequently stormed off furiously. 

Likely bollox.