Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’d argue he’s contributed more during his time here than Praet, Soumare and KDH and Daka. He isn’t a right winger, however he allowed us to get the best out of Ricardo. 

I don't think any of them are comparable for many reasons. Out of them all I've preferred Perez & Praet with perez just edging that pack.

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Didn’t really get that impression when he held a party during the Covid Lockdowns and further detailed a flagging bid for finishing top four 

That doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about the club. It just means he’s young, wealthy and stupid. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Better than Barnes… 😂😂 

What a ridiculous comment, check Barnes goals and assist. Now go check Perez’s. End of discussion.

I was referring to this season where Harvey’s performances have dropped through the floor and Perez when he’s played has looked far more dangerous, I’m not aware if there are any stats that can compare the 2 this season.

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

No, the opposite way round

...Maddison tenure playing wide is a way of keeping players into the first eleven!!!

We need (and we now have no reason not to) have him back into the middle where he can function and influence more. The ability to link up with Barnes, will enable Barnes to find ways of getting into goal scoring positions. With Maddison so far away and with him coming centrally at times it does not help Barnes.

You may have noticed that Barnes is quite comfortable playing alongside Nacho, who effectively takes up the #10 position. Maddison playing wide right,  could just be why Barnes cannot function at the moment, he needs a "foil" playing inside of him.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I was referring to this season where Harvey’s performances have dropped through the floor and Perez when he’s played has looked far more dangerous, I’m not aware if there are any stats that can compare the 2 this season.

Like I said… check the stats for this season. Barnes has scored 7 goals in the prem. joint 9th overall in the league. 

Perez has never looked dangerous. Barnes at his worst is still getting in positions to score. 

• Like 2

One day we'll look back and laugh/cry at how maligned Perez was. European semi finalist, FA Cup winner, hat trick in the lcfc all time record win. 

He could've been better and at times we needed better, but he's only performed at about 20% less of his ability, which is the same for pretty much every other established leicester player over the last couple of years. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Maddison tenure playing wide is a way of keeping players into the first eleven!!!

We need (and we now have no reason not to) have him back into the middle where he can function and influence more. The ability to link up with Barnes, will enable Barnes to find ways of getting into goal scoring positions. With Maddison so far away and with him coming centrally at times it does not help Barnes.

You may have noticed that Barnes is quite comfortable playing alongside Nacho, who effectively takes up the #10 position. Maddison playing wide right,  could just be why Barnes cannot function at the moment, he needs a "foil" playing inside of him.

I actually think part of it is Rodgers' tactics, Perez was a tactical buy who was supposedly versatile... Maddison has seemably been shoehorned in at the expense of Perez because of lack of options. It would be nice to have that choice and it sounds like we'll FINALLY have those options, two wingers 1 x left 1 x right

And two wide playmakers in Harrison/Maddison.

I would like to see Barnes - Maddison - Tete though, but you just know that's not going to happen at the expense of a KDH/Mendy. So I fully expect a rotational basis.

Off topic but Perez just wasn't good enough.

It's been common knowledge since the summer hasn't it?. I suppose he might be persuaded by another pl club, who would no doubt pay better wages than he would get in spain but he has made no secret of the fact that a return to Spain would be his preference 

I've never known a player ever be as ill as often as Perez, he reminds me of a normal gadgie who can't be arsed to gan work several times a year.

Fair play to him but it's absolutely wild. I counted 5 seperate instances last year where he missed game/s because of illness. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've never known a player ever be as ill as often as Perez, he reminds me of a normal gadgie who can't be arsed to gan work several times a year.

Fair play to him but it's absolutely wild. I counted 5 seperate instances last year where he missed game/s because of illness. 

I don't think it's always been physical Ric thb. But yes he's missed chunks.