Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

19 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Well my daughter works as a nurse at Leicester Royal Infirmary and has reported that you could hear the crowd noise in the ward. 

Not sure whether this is anything to go by, but apparently it’s not usually the case 

Could hear it woodgate

If you needed a reason why we need to change next season, then last night at Millwall was it.

(ok,  it's almost certainly academic anyway, as I expect Enzo to be off ... whether we get promoted or not ... as we'll be financial straight-jacket mode.)

At the start of the game, it sounded like our fans were really up for it.  It came across really well on the box. 

Until eventually, our usual insipid possession-at-all-costs boring football, slowly sucked the life out of our crowd.   You could just feel the enthusiasm being slowly drained out of them.  

10 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

If you needed a reason why we need to change next season, then last night at Millwall was it.

(ok,  it's almost certainly academic anyway, as I expect Enzo to be off ... whether we get promoted or not ... as we'll be financial straight-jacket mode.)

At the start of the game, it sounded like our fans were really up for it.  It came across really well on the box. 

Until eventually, our usual insipid possession-at-all-costs boring football, slowly sucked the life out of our crowd.   You could just feel the enthusiasm being slowly drained out of them.  

I'm generally quite critical of our fans and lack of atmosphere but I agree on both this and the Bristol City games.

14 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Most British crowds would struggle to make noise in that situation. It was draining the life out of me at home 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Most British crowds would struggle to make noise in that situation. It was draining the life out of me at home 

Yep.   Some people might say you should always be able to support them.   But it doesn't work like that.   You can start off with the best intentions, but eventually you'll get ground down if there's no spark at all from the players.  

I think someone else made a valid point, how the last couple of home games have been better from the players ... partly as the crowd is not just being supportive, but also isn't prepared to tolerate 90 minutes of sidewards/backwards rubbish.  There's a "push" element coming from the home crowd now, that you might not get from a 2000 away crowd.

Cracking atmosphere from their fans, haven’t heard anything like that at our place for years

Not sure what they were doing all staying past the final whistle though, half the stadium should’ve been gone by 85 minutes… right?

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Coach 1 massif getting their time on sky. Cant understand why the camera always pans to them. We have the most passionless fans in the country 

Yeah I noticed that.

Almost like the cameramen had a bet amongst themselves as who could pick out the most erm interesting  looking fans...

Edited by Brizzle Fox