Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Deathlist 2023

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Sounds like Renner is going to be fine. Was a blood loss injury but he seems to be doing well according to reports. 

Sounds like possibly life changing injuries though - his neighbour, a doctor, had to apply a tourniquet to his leg to stop the bleeding. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine and while they rescued the leg the injuries were so catastrophic he had to amputate it. Treatment might be better these days though. Hope he pulls through and recovers fully.

1 hour ago, General Smuts said:

Buffalo Bills Damar Hamilin collapsed during a game in the NFL yesterday, was administered CPR on the pitch and is in critical condition. Hope they are both ok. 

Seems like a really wholesome young man too, absolutely awful thing to happen.

That GoFundMe is now at $3.2m 7 hours later!

Looks different to what happened to Eriksen too - Eriksen collapsed with nobody near him but Hamlin collapsed after a challenge that involved impact to his chest. That might result in him not being able to compete again like Eriksen has.

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sounds like possibly life changing injuries though - his neighbour, a doctor, had to apply a tourniquet to his leg to stop the bleeding. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine and while they rescued the leg the injuries were so catastrophic he had to amputate it. Treatment might be better these days though. Hope he pulls through and recovers fully.

I have a friend who also had similar after a car accident, she went through years of pain trying to save her leg but they had to amputate it finally. The worst thing is she still has the pain even though the leg is not there anymore, phantom limb syndrome :( 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I have a friend who also had similar after a car accident, she went through years of pain trying to save her leg but they had to amputate it finally. The worst thing is she still has the pain even though the leg is not there anymore, phantom limb syndrome :( 

Yup my friend still gets that, even 25 years later. Must be awful. He adapted to his new leg really well though and hasn't really looked back. I do love when I visit him that he's got a collection of old legs above his wardrobe though lol 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Looks different to what happened to Eriksen too - Eriksen collapsed with nobody near him but Hamlin collapsed after a challenge that involved impact to his chest. That might result in him not being able to compete again like Eriksen has.

After reading many cardio vascular experts give their opinion, this was an extremely unfortunate occurrence. The timing of the impact had to be within some ridiculously tiny timeframe, along with the exact location of impact had to be very specific.

Seems he’s going to be okay. Not that I’m into NFL, but hopefully for him, he can play again.

Maybe even bringing in some kind of impact absorbing protection to cover the chest (unsure whether they have that already). 

Anyway, wrong thread for all that :whistle:

Such a shame, hope he makes a full recovery

In rare cases a very heavy impact to the sternum can cause traumatic ventricular fibrillation (VF), where the heart loses it's co-ordinated rhythm and simply wobbles like a jelly and has no contractions to provide circulation of blood. This situation is reversible with rapid intervention defibrillation and (if necessary) CPR. Often, in a fit, healthy person, defibrillation reverses VF and restores a normal rhythm after 1 or 2 shocks and full CPR isn't required..

If that's what happened to Hamlin, there's a good chance he'll play again. He's young, fit and as far as we know, has no pre-existing cardiac history

• Like 1

Really sad news about Vialli.

One of the legendary  foreign players to grace the Premier league.

Always came across as a decent guy and remember  him celebrating  Italys win at Wembley just a couple of years ago.

Sad