Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Kent

I'll be honest, watching him in the Europa league he looked good, bags of pace from what I recall so I'm sure he could do something similar here. As others have said, if we got him for 5m, he could be good competition for Barnes. Take all day long for a fair price.

10 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I'll be honest, watching him in the Europa league he looked good, bags of pace from what I recall so I'm sure he could do something similar here. As others have said, if we got him for 5m, he could be good competition for Barnes. Take all day long for a fair price.

Not that TM's valuations are especially accurate but they have him at 14M Euros.  Is 5M really realistic?

• Like 1

Kent would be a solid addition. I put this in the same bracket as the links with Jaidon Anthony. A good backup LW option to push Barnes with solid numbers, and young enough with room to grow. If it’s a nominal fee too, it could be a good, cheap addition. But it’s not a priority over RW.

Half of my family are Aberdeen fans so I’ve seen a fair bit of Kent. He’s a tricky customer, a live wire and always aggressive and direct. Very good work rate and tidy feet too. He’s always done well in Scotland but has also performed in Europe. Bar Aribo, he was the guy who made Rangers tick in attack. We could do a lot worse.

He’s also got a nasty streak to him - my family call him “one of the most hun-like huns”. That says all you need to know. We need more players with a bit of bite about them.

• Like 1

I feel reassured that there don't seem to be any reliable links with this guy as he's shit. 

He'd be just another shit winger to add to our shit winger collection over the last few years.

Not sure I'd even want him in the Champs next season tbf.

And for all of those saying that he'd be OK as long as we also got in another better winger during this window, how long have you been supporting this club?  This would be it.

God this transfer section gets more depressing by the day.

Sleepwalking to relegation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I feel reassured that there don't seem to be any reliable links with this guy as he's shit. 

He'd be just another shit winger to add to our shit winger collection over the last few years.

Not sure I'd even want him in the Champs next season tbf.

And for all of those saying that he'd be OK as long as we also got in another better winger during this window, how long have you been supporting this club?  This would be it.

God this transfer section gets more depressing by the day.

Sleepwalking to relegation.

Worth a punt then you say?

• Haha 1

His numbers aren’t good enough for the PL.

32 goals and 33 assists in 200+ career apps. Who was the attacking player to be a success in the PL after leaving Scotland?

Aribo had underwhelming numbers in the SPL and they’re not magically better in the PL.

If we end up signing signing Kristiansen and Kent when we’ve signed so few players over the last 3 years whilst we have 16 players out of contact by the summer of 2024, we’re completely doomed.

Ok, so maybe I got a bit emotional and over-reacted yesterday but in my defence, I had eaten a lot of Haggis and it knocked me off my stride. 

He's not a bad player. When he's good, he's good and has qualities that we are missing. He wouldn't be a bad squad player and would be cheap as chips. However, I still worry about his consistency. He's never really shown a real run of it, even in Scotland and that's with playing 90 minutes every week. Playing 20 minutes here and there isn't going to improve that. 

My main problem with this is we have been here before. We are linked/sign with a player who's played RW before and we say "if we sign this fella AND a RW, I'll be happy" and we sign them and them only and watch them struggle in the right for months before their confidence completely goes and we are left with a shell of what they were.