Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TamworthFoxes

Mason Greenwood

Will be interesting to see if he gets the chance to resurrect his career after the CPS announced they will not be running with the case today.

The circumstances of what have happened have not changed because of today’s announcement and people tend to forget that ie the consensus will now be that he was innocent. Exactly the same as the Thomas Partey situation earlier this year.

Just remember if I drink drive home from work and don’t get caught I’m still a drink driver. 

Not been proved exactly innocent. Just lucky more than anything that charges dropped. Never want to see him near our club. You'd think after this best thing for him, is just live a quiet life now keep out of public. But no doubt he'll think he's got the right to play football.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 3

No lawyer, but I thought that the evidence through the voicemail and images looked pretty concrete. He seems very lucky to have all charges dropped against him, but unfortunately similar to Mendy, money seems to talk.

I think that Neville is disgracing himself too. He really is the first to lecture people about politics in football and virtue-signal to his big audience, but he is actively engaging in posts endorsing Greenwood. I was astonished by some of his likes on Twitter. So weird.

I lost quite a lot of respect for him during the World Cup. I get why pundits went - from a financial perspective it was probably incredibly tempting, but he literally spent years taking the moral high ground. Him saying that he was only going to ‘preach’ about the wrongdoings was an incredibly lame excuse.

This bears little relevance though. It appears that Neville seems less willing to ‘campaign’ when it comes down to winning at Man United.

I just think that with his audience and with the nature of how high-profile this case is, it sets a very damaging precedent to set for young footballers. Clearly, due to the growth in players getting into trouble with things similar to this, there is a fundamental issue which he is arguably enhancing.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Football wise they might want to keep him but could be a PR nightmare given what we have heard and read.

His reputation understandably will be in the mud and hard to improve .

Ched Evans all over again. Any club that tries to play him will be attacked by the mob.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kenny said:

Ched Evans all over again. Any club that tries to play him will be attacked by the mob.

It’s actually worse than Ched Evans as Ched Evans spent time in prison therefore his victim got justice. This is a cop out and I suspect abuse is still going on in some respect or another. 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It’s actually worse than Ched Evans as Ched Evans spent time in prison therefore his victim got justice. This is a cop out and I suspect abuse is still going on in some respect or another. 

Evans was eventually found not guilty. So it's a very similar situation really.

Being not guilty doesn't mean that clubs will want to be associated with them.

5 minutes ago, kenny said:

Evans was eventually found not guilty. So it's a very similar situation really.

Being not guilty doesn't mean that clubs will want to be associated with them.

Greenwood was not found not guilty. A witness (most likely the victim) withdrew their statement therefore the CPS couldn't prosecute. The videos and audio speaks for itself.

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Greenwood was not found not guilty. A witness (most likely the victim) withdrew their statement therefore the CPS couldn't prosecute. The videos and audio speaks for itself.

Even sat with him in court proceedings allegedly - either must be blinded by love or his money ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11707371/Manchester-United-launch-internal-investigation-decide-Mason-Greenwoods-future.html

Edited by Super_horns

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Even sat with him in court proceedings allegedly - either must be blinded by love or his money ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11707371/Manchester-United-launch-internal-investigation-decide-Mason-Greenwoods-future.html

Likely the latter, she'll regret it in years to come.

When similar things have happened in rugby and cricket, people have been banned in spite of court action so we'll hope football does the same.

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

There's been a lot of police time been wasted if the victim has suddenly decided to drop the charges. 

I'd be pretty wary of accusing someone of wasting police time in a situation like this, it's not as straight forward as dropping charges for a laugh is it.