Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Random / Semi Unheard of Players you’ve spotted that we should look at

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Maddison replacement

...the only time he is ineffective in front of the goal is when he tries to knock the skin off the ball!!!

Steering the ball into the net is what he is best at, instead of the wild telegraphed shots, just lay it off or wait for that half a second more for the defender to commit himself.

On 22/06/2023 at 17:04, Vindaloo FOX said:

Looks like prime Wilf but can play with the ball! Scored 5 goals and got 4 assists this year too. All over this personally, only thing that holds me back is how players like Soumare have turned out.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is a shout and a half. It would require us to send one of Mueanta or Opoku on loan though as I think we can only keep 2 players who didn't qualify for a work permit when they signed.

Been in France for 3 years, would that not help with a work permit at all?

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I have 0 knowledge of how it works so didn’t know that made any difference tbh.

Ligue 1, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and a few other leagues have little issues with getting work permits for players from there. 

The likes of Belgium and Scandinavian countries require lots of appearances and/or European appearances and then 2nd division leagues or lesser quality leagues it was nigh on impossible unless they got promoted or the players were regular internationals.

We'd lined up signing Amine Adli from Toulouse but couldn't get a work permit.

It's been easier to recruit from countries like Brazil in recent years due to the status they place on Copa Libertadores.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Looks like prime Wilf but can play with the ball! Scored 5 goals and got 4 assists this year too. All over this personally, only thing that holds me back is how players like Soumare have turned out.

...I think the difference is, he is a DM first and foremost and he is more mobile and can transition the play!!!

Soumare was effectively a #8 who was box to box, could transition the play, very good in tight spaces but was unable to read the game and react to situations. Kaba looks like a cross between Mendy and Soumare, Wilf just lacked the ability on the ball and should have been used to cover the defence and drop in if a defender went forward. 

Kaba looks like a good fit.

Aníbal Moreno and Thiago Borbas. Borbas is part of the Red Bull group now so probably unlikely to move to Europe and move outside of the group initially you'd imagine. Moreno is 24 so older than I'd usually suggest but I think he'd likely be a here for two seasons and then we'd make decent money on him, looks like the sort of shithouse that would thrive in the Championship. Great tackler but looks far more comfortable than Ndidi on the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, boosmanana said:

Han-Noah Massengo from Bristol City. Highly rated young midfielder and out of contract at the end of the month

I think we’ve been linked before. Enzo likes young players and for free could be a option  but I think he’s been linked with Burnley and some German clubs so we’re right down the pecking order unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Aníbal Moreno and Thiago Borbas. Borbas is part of the Red Bull group now so probably unlikely to move to Europe and move outside of the group initially you'd imagine. Moreno is 24 so older than I'd usually suggest but I think he'd likely be a here for two seasons and then we'd make decent money on him, looks like the sort of shithouse that would thrive in the Championship. Great tackler but looks far more comfortable than Ndidi on the ball.

Good shout mate.

He’s been on my radar along with Juan Sforza & Federico Redondo.

All three players are good with the ball, Sforza & Moreno though are currently averaging just over 2 tackles a game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

Good shout mate.

He’s been on my radar along with Juan Sforza & Federico Redondo.

All three players are good with the ball, Sforza & Moreno though are currently averaging just over 2 tackles a game.

Sforza is very good, seen Redondo's name but don't know an awful lot about him. Santiago Hezze I've posted before, and he looks the bollocks as well to be fair. Not sure why we do it to ourselves we aren't signing any of these 😂

23 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Sforza is very good, seen Redondo's name but don't know an awful lot about him. Santiago Hezze I've posted before, and he looks the bollocks as well to be fair. Not sure why we do it to ourselves we aren't signing any of these 😂

We’re probably better off touting these South American’s on a Brighton & Hove Albion forum lol 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

...to be fair anyone would look better on the ball than Ndidi!!!

This player wins so many balls and breaks up attacks and you are just not sure where he will spring up from (just like Kante).

You would think that Maresca would love to have a ball-winner such as this in his team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2023 at 11:05, Molson Canadian said:

Pedro Vite. Vancouver Whitecaps. 20 year old Ecuadorian attacking midfielder/winger.  I have seen him play on several occasions, this kid is full of potential. 

Doing excellent so far this season in MLS.  Received his first senior cap for Ecuador and scored on his debut for them.  SOMEONE get his information to our scouts please.  Has so much potential this kid.

MLS stats so far this season:

STRT FC FA YC RC G A SH ST OF
15 13 17 3 0 4 1 23 8 8

GLOSSARY

• A:Assists
  • FA:Fouls Suffered
  • FC:Fouls Committed
  • G:Total Goals
  • OF:Offsides
  • RC:Red Cards
  • SH:Shots
  • ST:Shots On Target

Averages 33 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 85% this season

Scored 30 seconds into the last whitecaps match.