Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Golden Fox

Football Kits 2023/24

I quite like how Southampton mix it up and don't just go for slightly thinner or slightly thicker stripes. They've had some decent designs over the years.

I'd like to see us be a bit bolder and not just be hamstrung by needing to have a block of blue.

Maybe blue with a white sash. Or a thick horizontal band of white to cover the sponsor. A return to pinstripes. Something a bit different would be good from time to time but would really irritate the traditionalists among us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I quite like how Southampton mix it up and don't just go for slightly thinner or slightly thicker stripes. They've had some decent designs over the years.

I'd like to see us be a bit bolder and not just be hamstrung by needing to have a block of blue.

Maybe blue with a white sash. Or a thick horizontal band of white to cover the sponsor. A return to pinstripes. Something a bit different would be good from time to time but would really irritate the traditionalists among us.

Sometimes Im envious of teams with striped tops. There just seems to be such flexibility with designs some times.

• Like 1

At the risk of repeating myself from last year's football kits thread...

My interest in football shirts really started with my Subbuteo catalogue back in 1988 - I spent hours looking through all the kits and what seeing what teams they were, and in their glory, we had Denmark (638), Southampton (660), Villa (658) and Coventry (659) - although only Denmark had the guts to full on with the shorts!!! (Although actually they didn't go through with those shorts in reality... https://museumofjerseys.com/2018/01/04/midweek-mashup-denmark-at-the-1986-world-cup/)

image.png.d618369cf437dd669160a868fca1f5ae.png

I was always jealous of these kits! Good to see them making a comeback!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

It’s a carbon copy of an old Southampton kit

1987-89-southampton-home-shirt-2981-1.jp

Yeah, that's not a proper Southampton shirt either. They should have proper red and white stripes. Like this:

image.jpeg.e6716e6ede1b147fb684b994926e3407.jpeg

(Although I know that Southampton do historically mess about more than most with the idea of stripes.)