Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Loud explosion/earthquake near Leicester

1 minute ago, Will1981 said:

Not sure it was a sonic boom as it was picked up by a seismic monitoring station in Nottingham.

No reports of anyone in Nottingham hearing anything.

Seems to be from Leicestershire, through Northamptonshire and in to Oxfordshire. 

2 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Not sure it was a sonic boom as it was picked up by a seismic monitoring station in Nottingham.

It made my house rumble in Melton when it happened. That's probably what caused it to be picked up by seismic monitoring. 

• Like 1

I thought a pigeon had fallen off the roof onto our extension, so I got that a bit wrong.

I'm sure we've mentioned this before, but does anyone on here over a certain age remember when the RAF could fly wherever they wanted, and you'd be in garden minding your own business and then there was a huge roar as a Harrier/Tornado/Jaguar or whatever appeared overhead out of nowhere, often flying pretty low. Proper loud, hands over your ears, make you drop your Cornetto loud. And then someone changed the rules and it just stopped.

I miss that, it was quite exciting

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I thought a pigeon had fallen off the roof onto our extension, so I got that a bit wrong.

I'm sure we've mentioned this before, but does anyone on here over a certain age remember when the RAF could fly wherever they wanted, and you'd be in garden minding your own business and then there was a huge roar as a Harrier/Tornado/Jaguar or whatever appeared overhead out of nowhere, often flying pretty low. Proper loud, hands over your ears, make you drop your Cornetto loud. And then someone changed the rules and it just stopped.

I miss that, it was quite exciting

Yes I remember that,  and yes it was quite exciting!