Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Every time we need a manager MON is mentioned as a returning Messiah, and everytime he doesnt come......This time will be no different, its just paper splurge to fill the gaps untill a new manager cometh.

1 minute ago, jonah said:

Every time we need a manager MON is mentioned as a returning Messiah, and everytime he doesnt come......This time will be no different, its just paper splurge to fill the gaps untill a new manager cometh.

He'll return...it's been foretold..you just need to keep the faith

I think an experienced fresh pair of eyes would be so useful on Saturday even if they were just sat in the stands. I am surprised how little is happening but of course it might be that negotiations are going on. It would be so sad if the club is allowed to drift into the Championship without evidence of any sort of a plan.

1 hour ago, jonah said:

Yeah but this time it's Easter. Coincidence? I think not.

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This would be amazingly terrible for 3 reasons:

1. The obvious, I love MON but he's done nothing of note in management since he left Villa 13 years ago and he's been out of a job for about 3 to 4 years. There's no sensible reason to turn to him now, it doesn't make any sense unless....

2. It illustrates the club genuinely have no idea. It's always troubled me that we show no creativity when it comes to recruiting managers. Our track record under this ownership is an ex-England manager for a big name, re-hiring an old manager, hiring the only guy to publicly declare interest, giving it to the caretaker, hiring a guy that had just got sacked from another Prem club and hiring the bookies' favourite that was trending on social media. Hiring MON now would smack of "oh look, Palace just brought back a loveable old former manager and beat us. We should do that." That's not a strategy, it's just doing the thing that's right in front of you which is consistent with every managerial appointment we've made since KP took over.

3. It will absolutely break every part of my heart forever if MON takes us down.

I think unfortunately this is the case regardless. Unless they really have kept something well under wraps all along but I don't think they deserve any benefit of the doubt this time around.

3 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Notice Jesse Marsch odds having been dropping throughout the day. 
2nd favourite currently.

Would rather have Bielsa.

At the moment, it's sensible to stick with Sadler and Stowell, for the benefit of consistency for the players.

Am sure the club won't rush into this.

I’ve been thinking about this Potter would be my choice but after than it’s literally pot luck who we get and we’ve not really got time to piss about getting someone. 

Absolute nightmare but I still wouldn’t want Rodger’s to be here.

7 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Notice Jesse Marsch odds having been dropping throughout the day. 
2nd favourite currently.

His odds have dropped quite a bit when you think there has been absolutely nothing in the media really

Not like it would be an obvious bet to place?

image.png.588373e955d7f52c232f97045ed5fd7e.png

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Would rather have Bielsa.

At the moment, it's sensible to stick with Sadler and Stowell, for the benefit of consistency for the players.

Am sure the club won't rush into this.

The only thing the club is rushing into is The Championship!!

I'm not convinced by Marsch at all. Did OK at Red Bull Salzberg, but that's been a 1 team league for nearly a decade, and it would have been more of a surprise if he didn't win the league with them. Then he only lasted 21 games at Leipzig before getting the boot, and didn't even last a whole season at Leeds. 

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

What worries me is that LCFC appears to never have had any kind of contingency plan in place !  Surely the possibility that Rodgers wouldn't last the season would have been discussed by upper management at some point in time. At one point it seemed that Leicester were well run and had a vision for the future but now we seem dazed & confused.

Where did it all go wrong ??

It's rather like the climate crisis, all the planning is based on the success of the extremely optimistic reductions in pollution (the fraud's BS being true) which in both cases are plain wishful thinking at best and quite probably delusional, no planning for the frankly obvious reality of failure, because ( in the case of carbon reduction)  human beings are selfish and prone to burying their heads in the sand and hoping that problems go away, we are simply not prepared to accept the sacrifices needed to reverse the damage.

And in the case of our ex - manager, a similar burying of heads and hoping - in fact a classic state of denial.

Just like climate change l fear there is realistically little chance of reversing or even mitigating the damage has been done to our club and future success.

Personally if l were on a ship which had suffered a catastrophic collision with an iceberg, I'd kind of be hoping that there was a plan B in place just in case the gaping hole cant be fixed!

13 minutes ago, tomtom said:

Right, here's the answer. 

When Angus Deaton left 'Have i got news for you' there wasn't an obvious replacement and they went for a guest host every week...

So we should go for a different guest manager every match.... keep the players on their toes and fresh ideas for each game. 

You heard it here first.

hqdefault(4).jpg

• Haha 2