Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's been a few of us who were on to Slot early, it's not even what he's done at Feyenoord that impresses me most, it's his time at AZ and what he did with Boadu, Stengs, Wijndal that piqued my interest. The bloke is high end condiments. Pure sauce 

Bet he's been gagging to manage a Championship side that needs rebuilding with little or no money for years. 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure why anyone keeps asking for Viera to come in!!!

On 14/05/2023 at 04:49, volpeazzurro said:

As a player, Viera was fantastic. As a manager for New York City, Nice and Crystal Palace however he's been very poor. Apart from having the name Patrick Viera, which some seem star struck over, I absolutely fail to see the attraction. It's no different to craving Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard. Some people just have to have a name. For me personally, whatever the Division to some extent, it's the record that counts. The same pundits that thought Viera was unfortunate thought Rodgers was an elite manager too! Palace's approach and play under Hodgeson has been night and day in comparison but many on here would have shunned the idea of having him.

Not saying there aren't doubts about him. But we unfortunately aren't shopping for a Hutter, Potter, or Slot now. There are a lot of managers talked about here who are currently in roles, but I'd prefer us to speed up the process and get someone in quickly - really do think that will help. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Not saying there aren't doubts about him. But we unfortunately aren't shopping for a Hutter, Potter, or Slot now. There are a lot of managers talked about here who are currently in roles, but I'd prefer us to speed up the process and get someone in quickly - really do think that will help. 

...I  understand the need to get the manager in as quick as possible!!!

Picking Viera as that manager is not what we need. If you bring your team to play us and all you are looking for is a draw from the off, then you do not have the right stuff for the role. We lost twice to the team that has now been relegated, 6 of the points that they have  garnered, and have still come up short, were from us.

As for your Hutter and the Slot's of this world, you have to go out and sell the club. Perhaps it is foolhardy to think they would come to a Championship team, but they would have a season with little pressure to build a team ready to take on the Premier league with a few more additions after promotion. It would probably be easier to build in the lower league than in the Premier League. 

Also a chance to ask for an exorbitant salary, as history has shown desperation and lack of knowledge makes this club do strange things.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I'd sooner have an 'up and coming ' though rather than someone who only seems to be going one way. There's usually a reason why some managers are readily available. 

25 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

know hes not got experience in UK football, but was impressed with Kjetil Knutsen from Bodo/Glimt in the european games id seen of them

as I dont think we'll be able to get Potter, Hutter Slot etc

Knutsen seems realistic 

Knutsen is a good shout! 

He can bring Patrick Berg with him too please!

Edited by LVFox

2 hours ago, Noahfence said:

It’ll be Smith won’t it 

We could do a lot worse tbf. Proven track record in the Championship. 

Id take rebuilding a squad with Shakey, JT ect.

They have had limited time to make an impact on a squad ingrained with negativity and slow, inept football from Rodgers time here. 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's been a few of us who were on to Slot early, it's not even what he's done at Feyenoord that impresses me most, it's his time at AZ and what he did with Boadu, Stengs, Wijndal that piqued my interest. The bloke is high end condiments. Pure sauce 

Yup I do remember you did mention Slot over a year ago as exciting manager for Leicester.....shame we didn't act earlier, now he'll probably go to Spurs

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'd sooner have an 'up and coming ' though rather than someone who only seems to be going one way. There's usually a reason why some managers are readily available. 

That's fair. Certainly worked well for Burnley, and we should still be a big draw in the division.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

We could do a lot better tbf 

Like who realistically.This is going to be a mammoth job and probably needs someone with experience to at least get us through next season without that being another unmitigated disaster.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

As for your Hutter and the Slot's of this world, you have to go out and sell the club. Perhaps it is foolhardy to think they would come to a Championship team, but they would have a season with little pressure to build a team ready to take on the Premier league with a few more additions after promotion. It would probably be easier to build in the lower league than in the Premier League. 

Also a chance to ask for an exorbitant salary, as history has shown desperation and lack of knowledge makes this club do strange things.

I think we will still be a big draw in the division, and fancied to go up, but we won't be getting someone in linked to Prem jobs. There will already be jobs at Palace and Spurs in a couple of weeks, and potentially West Ham too. Leeds could still stay up and be looking for a new manager too. Also given the turnover in the PL for managers this season there'd be a couple of jobs come up before Christmas I imagine. I'd love to be proved wrong on this, but think they'll have better offers.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I think we will still be a big draw in the division, and fancied to go up, but we won't be getting someone in linked to Prem jobs. There will already be jobs at Palace and Spurs in a couple of weeks, and potentially West Ham too. Leeds could still stay up and be looking for a new manager too. Also given the turnover in the PL for managers this season there'd be a couple of jobs come up before Christmas I imagine. I'd love to be proved wrong on this, but think they'll have better offers.

Don’t think we will be a big draw - we’ll need to sell players and buying clubs will know that and squeeze us. The revenues from sales will be needed to shore-up the dire financial position we seem to be in, so don’t assume that funds would be available to rebuild.

We are in dire trouble here with little chance of attracting a manager of the calibre and experience needed to get us a quick return and/or rebuild.

I suspect we’ll go through a number of mediocre managers over the next few years, each trying their own approach whilst spending the little cash we do have, but ultimately failing and worsening the financial position.

Hate writing this, but we could be in the wilderness for a long time.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone remember our defensive midfielder Moreno who signed under Paulo Sousa? Done wonders this season at Vitoria.

Remember him sliding through the snow at Ipswich. Tough character. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wurmer said:

Don’t think we will be a big draw - we’ll need to sell players and buying clubs will know that and squeeze us. The revenues from sales will be needed to shore-up the dire financial position we seem to be in, so don’t assume that funds would be available to rebuild.

We are in dire trouble here with little chance of attracting a manager of the calibre and experience needed to get us a quick return and/or rebuild.

I suspect we’ll go through a number of mediocre managers over the next few years, each trying their own approach whilst spending the little cash we do have, but ultimately failing and worsening the financial position.

Hate writing this, but we could be in the wilderness for a long time.

Assuming King Power will continue to own us we will offer more money in wages than most if not all clubs in the division. No need to worry about attracting a manager.

whether they appoint the right manager is another question 🤪