Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Never going to happen because our board haven’t heard of him. It’ll be someone obvious and unimaginative.

I think they’ll stick with Smith because their attitude will be “well he’s already here isn’t he, it’d be silly to put all that effort into finding a new manager”

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think they’ll stick with Smith because their attitude will be “well he’s already here isn’t he, it’d be silly to put all that effort into finding a new manager”

I can see it. Well he got Norwich bac…..oh wait.

28 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Never going to happen because our board haven’t heard of him. It’ll be someone obvious and unimaginative.

Yep, they’ve only heard of people who managed in the PL before.

Darren Ferguson has got Peteborough playing some good football, could take a punt on someone like that as that's where we are... if we was going down this route though we may as well get Pearson back in.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Haha 2

A hope they go for a young manager who’s up and coming whether in the championship or staying up. 

Kompany has done a great job at Burnley, but didn’t necessarily do an amazing job at Anderlecht. Budget wise Burnley invested I believe. So someone along those lines.

But someone who has shown signs as a manager but also had pedigree as a player would be interesting.

10 hours ago, Rain King said:

He's already gone and been replaced.

Hope we don't get him.

...if we had any sense, we would go and persuade Steve Walsh Sr from Charlotte FC and get him back here!!!

The DoF role is what he wanted and he is more than capable of doing it. We have to have a plan going into next season, irrespective of which league we will find ourselves in. 

Walsh apparently recommended Robertson and Maguire to Everton for a combined 20m Euros and a further 4m euros for a teenage Erlin Haaland. We have no one at the moment who can see these potentials, and in the long run, save us money. With Rudkin in situ, it will never happen.

I cannot see Gift Orban or Irankunda, Ebiowei, Jordan Bos or Sakyi, turning up at this club, with Rudkin still in place, we need someone with vision and awareness of what is out there. We need one man's vision to pull the training ground and the whole footballing ideology into one process and Walsh would be more suited to this than Rudkin, who has overseen the demise (coupled with Rodgers's input) of our academy's ability to compete.

I do not know if his family has moved with him to the USA, as when he left us, it was said to be, so he can move to be closer to home up north. If this needs to be a hybrid situation where he is here for a few days and works from home the rest then so be it. Khun Top now needs to be looking like someone who understands his business and put people in position who understands their role and are capable of carrying it out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

I know I keep seeing all these posts, forget it we've no chance of appointing someone like that.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need our permanent manager identified and approached as soon as our league status is confirmed, especially if we go down because the overhaul is going to be so vast.

Yep we do but no we won't will we!

Who ever it is needs to be able to build a team given we will be losing up to 12 1st team’ers, it needs to be someone that can attract that youthfully talent but also get the respect from the Snr guys.

I like the idea of SST but it’s short term planning I guess & we have seen what he and his like can do.

I think we need another 5yr reset plan so ideally 1 of the left field managers from abroad, various names mentioned already Slot, Still etc or lower English leagues making a name for themselves, Kompany, Carrick types.

We as fans need to understand that IF we stay up the expectations should be to just remain in the Premiership for the next couple of seasons none of this top 10 / 8 / 6 rubbish, we have a huge job to rebuild on our hands.

If it’s relegation then yes I’d expect a promotion push at the 1st time of asking just because the longer you stay the harder it gets to get out.

Finally and 💯 agree with @sacreblueits442 Rudkin needs binning 1st!

Edited by BKLFox

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need our permanent manager identified and approached as soon as our league status is confirmed, especially if we go down because the overhaul is going to be so vast.

As much as I agree will anyone want it that soon.

Obviously the out of contract players will be gone. Then Madds plus Barnes I'd guess and how many more?

Is a new man going to want the uncertainty. Of what remains and needing so many to fill the gaps we will already have.

Personally I'd want to see the dust settle a bit first.

The whole situation is probably the biggest shite show any relegated side has been in for years. Perhaps since our administration.

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Yeah his Espanyol sting didn’t work out particularly well but they didn’t pull up any trees before or after. 

Also he fell out with Espanyol's sporting director over broken transfer promises, he was told he'd be getting players to strengthen the squad that never arrived

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This. Unfortunately I can see us getting bogged down looking for a new manager and then rushing around getting players in. 

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

As much as I agree will anyone want it that soon.

Obviously the out of contract players will be gone. Then Madds plus Barnes I'd guess and how many more?

Is a new man going to want the uncertainty. Of what remains and needing so many to fill the gaps we will already have.

Personally I'd want to see the dust settle a bit first.

The whole situation is probably the biggest shite show any relegated side has been in for years. Perhaps since our administration.

Managers want as much time as possible, certainly when it comes to planning for pre-season.

Can't remember how quickly Pearson was put in place but it needs to be by mid June otherwise its going to be chaos. 

What's also very perturbing is, we are asking for change elsewhere as well but without a manager, the chances of Rudkin being replaced is highly unlikely as without a manager who's a) identifying the new one and b) negotiating players exiting, salaries etc.

Scary times

Just now, st albans fox said:

Rudkin is here as long as KP are our owners 

You'd presume that's true but Top is in for a hell of a troubled ride once we go down. I think the pressure to understand how to fix this given the financial impact to him would surely push him to have to look at not just the management and playing staff.

If he doesn't then I'm genuinely speechless.

• Like 1