Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

That Palace side looked dreadful under him though for the last months he was there. That just puts me right off.

...we are blinded by a name, I suspect our board thinks along the same lines !!!

It is about time they grow up and stop being awestruck fans, as opposed to being enlightened businessmen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

That Palace side looked dreadful under him though for the last months he was there. That just puts me right off.

So you're looking for a manager who's never had a bad spell? Granted we can do better than Vieira but yeah, goodluck! 

27 minutes ago, Stinky said:

So you're looking for a manager who's never had a bad spell? Granted we can do better than Vieira but yeah, goodluck! 

Not necessarily, but that looked like an epic bad spell to me.

• Like 1

I'd probably pick up the phone to Viera now. Think his past work with some of the youth at Man City could aid us in getting the most out of our academy and the training ground (and maybe some loans). Perhaps a little harshly treated by Palace too given his really bad spell involved some very tough fixtures. And out of work so could get the ball rolling now ASAP, we can't dally this summer.

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Yes I bet he can’t wait to manage in the championship….

Yup kind of forgot we'll find it hard to entice up and coming European managers when we get relegated......but hay we might as well ask.....no harm in trying 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

13 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

it used to be said we always had a list of preferred managerial targets so we could move at pace if we binned / lost a manager but I worry this is no longer the case given our recent track record and wazzocks in charge.

crucial we move quickly in the close season re the new manager so we can reshape the squad and have the main bones of our new squad at the beginning of pre season.

I think Smith has damaged his changes of getting the job full time, but given our reduced circumstances there is more chance we go with the likes of McKenna than someone more ambitious.

Thats never been us.

8 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Let's get Arnie Slot before Spurs get him.......read he would have gone to Leeds if they had approached him.

They 100% did approach him and got shot down.

On 13/05/2023 at 19:29, Number 6 said:

I'd probably pick up the phone to Viera now. Think his past work with some of the youth at Man City could aid us in getting the most out of our academy and the training ground (and maybe some loans). Perhaps a little harshly treated by Palace too given his really bad spell involved some very tough fixtures. And out of work so could get the ball rolling now ASAP, we can't dally this summer.

As a player, Viera was fantastic. As a manager for New York City, Nice and Crystal Palace however he's been very poor. Apart from having the name Patrick Viera, which some seem star struck over, I absolutely fail to see the attraction. It's no different to craving Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard. Some people just have to have a name. For me personally, whatever the Division to some extent, it's the record that counts. The same pundits that thought Viera was unfortunate thought Rodgers was an elite manager too! Palace's approach and play under Hodgeson has been night and day in comparison but many on here would have shunned the idea of having him.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

Luke Williams from Notts county, has them playing like a league football team and would bring goals and excitement back to the king power. Prefers 3 at the back with the CBs overlapping Sheffield United style; which is something I wouldn’t mind seeing and could work 

• Sad 1

The club needs a complete reset, not dissimilar to the one needed when we were relegated to league 1. 

We found the right man for the job then and I'd wager that same man is capable of doing that job again. The moment the season ends and we are inevitably relegated, go and get Nigel back.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Number 6 said:

...not sure why anyone keeps asking for Viera to come in!!!