Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

I think most Leicester fans think that Rudkin is quite poor at  his job but unfortunately he appears to have a strong relationship with the owner & is bullet proof.   I don't see Top changing his opinion any time soon & that worries me. I'm not expecting to break into the big six any time soon but I would like to be a respected well run club & that ain't happening with Rudkin running the show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 30/04/2024 at 00:09, Bezzanator89 said:

And a question I pose to you all:

Despite winning the league and achieving a promotion, should there still be a protest again the board for gross financial incompetence, without looking the slightest bit ungrateful for the best possible outcome of the season?

Good luck getting that banner in tomorrow!

Yeh that revelation from Maresca shows the executives deliberately kept back the information regarding the finances.

what was their motive?

I can only speculate that had Enzo been told  we’re in trouble with FFP and we won’t be able to buy anyone in January he may not have taken the job depending on what his other options were. Had the club been transparent he may have still taken the job but the key thing here is trust has been damaged. Hope enzo takes rudkin to task otherwise I can see him walking if he’s hoodwinked again in the summer. I’m totally in Enzo’s side on this. It’s not good

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Yeh that revelation from Maresca shows the executives deliberately kept back the information regarding the finances.

what was their motive?

I can only speculate that had Enzo been told  we’re in trouble with FFP and we won’t be able to buy anyone in January he may not have taken the job depending on what his other options were. Had the club been transparent he may have still taken the job but the key thing here is trust has been damaged. Hope enzo takes rudkin to task otherwise I can see him walking if he’s hoodwinked again in the summer. I’m totally in Enzo’s side on this. It’s not good

It's an interesting one.  When Enzo talks of the Club keeping information from him is that Top, Whelan and / or Rudders.  Balague has made it pretty clear that Enzo isn't impressed by some of those in charge - is this an opportunity to effect change or just get Top to release the purse strings.

• Like 1

Foxestrust are going to sort this out. They did a brilliant job on exploiting last seasons disastrous performance.

6 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

It's an interesting one.  When Enzo talks of the Club keeping information from him is that Top, Whelan and / or Rudders.  Balague has made it pretty clear that Enzo isn't impressed by some of those in charge - is this an opportunity to effect change or just get Top to release the purse strings.

We would sack any manager over any of the suits, 

Accountability is at the bottom of the priority list. 

Top is responsible whether the blue monies like it or not. 

Was some really ‘unsavoury’ anti Rudkin chants for a solid 10 minutes from L1 it was hilarious!!

100% loud enough to be heard by him and Top too. So if they didn’t know how we felt before (unlikely) then they really do now. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I dont think he did the lap of honour. Im basing that on the fact I saw Top and Rudkin wasn't stick to him.

I agree i thought the same thing, I didn’t see him on the pitch, although he was at Preston. 

Personally I think Enzo has played a blinder, by calling out the lack of communication about PSR breaches and finances in regards the January transfer window,  it cannot be ignored, Top has a very good manager in place who if we can retain for a period of 3/4 years will not only have us playing very good football but will also massively raise the standards and expectations of all aspects of the footballing side of the club including the sports science, analytics, academy and how we do our transfer business. 

Top has to act and for that reason I do think Rudders will be forced out and/or have his wings clipped this summer, depending on how long this has been bubbling will influence whether he goes immediately or whether it’s a phased exit to align with recruitment of his replacement, unless the club go for someone available who maybe understands the club. 

I felt it was telling he appeared to be absent from the celebrations yesterday which maybe suggests some serious conversations have already taken place between Enzo and Top and Rudkin since Monday. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I agree i thought the same thing, I didn’t see him on the pitch, although he was at Preston. 

Personally I think Enzo has played a blinder, by calling out the lack of communication about PSR breaches and finances in regards the January transfer window,  it cannot be ignored, Top has a very good manager in place who if we can retain for a period of 3/4 years will not only have us playing very good football but will also massively raise the standards and expectations of all aspects of the footballing side of the club including the sports science, analytics, academy and how we do our transfer business. 

Top has to act and for that reason I do think Rudders will be forced out and/or have his wings clipped this summer, depending on how long this has been bubbling will influence whether he goes immediately or whether it’s a phased exit to align with recruitment of his replacement, unless the club go for someone available who maybe understands the club. 

I felt it was telling he appeared to be absent from the celebrations yesterday which maybe suggests some serious conversations have already taken place between Enzo and Top and Rudkin since Monday. 

it will be the correct decision if he is pushed sideways / out, tho as with BR, we should be careful giving too much power to Enzo. 

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The only telling thing of his absence is he was probably sh*t scared of the fans reaction towards him, so he stayed put in the stands  - I don’t think it means he’s been pushed out or sideways. 

If Top doesn’t have the bottle to finish him, he should give the job to Susan. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dames said:

I remember floating the idea at the start of the season that the club deliberately hid the finances from the manager and was mocked for it.

Surprise surprise.

I'm not for one minute defending Rodgers but I think they weren't being completely transparent with him either.

It seemed too much of a coincidence that our huge dip in form this season came directly after the Sensi fiasco, it would appear from the outside that Enzo was led up the garden path somewhat.

If we are going to repair the damage done and get player trading remotely right, then surely we need a strategist bringing in whos sole responsibility is making sure the squad is maximum value for money at all times. We now need to sell at the right time, offer the correct contracts etc and be right on top of being ready to replace players at their peak value, the days of the lucky dip need to come to an end. This is the only way we'll rebuild from here.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dames said:

I remember floating the idea at the start of the season that the club deliberately hid the finances from the manager and was mocked for it.

Surprise surprise.

You should have written to Enzo. 

This is your fault! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cant stop humming " Rudkins a cvnt ole ole".

Mrs has told me to shut up numerous times already this morning!!!

This could end in my tears🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

I cant stop humming " Rudkins a cvnt ole ole".

Mrs has told me to shut up numerous times already this morning!!!

This could end in my tears🤣🤣

Just don't get the 2 people mixed up. 

Could lead to a whole host of problems for you. lol

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I'm not for one minute defending Rodgers but I think they weren't being completely transparent with him either.

It seemed too much of a coincidence that our huge dip in form this season came directly after the Sensi fiasco, it would appear from the outside that Enzo was led up the garden path somewhat.

If we are going to repair the damage done and get player trading remotely right, then surely we need a strategist bringing in whos sole responsibility is making sure the squad is maximum value for money at all times. We now need to sell at the right time, offer the correct contracts etc and be right on top of being ready to replace players at their peak value, the days of the lucky dip need to come to an end. This is the only way we'll rebuild from here.

I think this is true. If he had anything about him then Rodgers would have walked, but then if he had a £10m pay off, why would he? I don’t think Rodgers became a bad manager overnight and I don’t think he deliberately tanked us. But in football there’s always a shelf life for managers and the club had completely boxed itself in by handing him a ridiculous contract (like it has done with many, many players), while also likely selling him the moon in terms of transfers etc. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Like or loathe Man City, Enzo has just come from probably the best run football club in the world with one of the best DOF - Head Coach double acts that has ever been. 

If we can't and don't take suggestions from him on where we're weak and where we're strong behind the scenes and instead just let him go then it was pointless him coming in the first place. 

He's been very complimentary about a lot of things he. Love the facilities, has spoken highly of Glover, like most of the squad he's been given. 

The relationship doesn't have to fall apart but if it does because of persistent blind loyalty to Rudkin we really do have mqesiv problems. 

Best run state funded oil cash launderette you mean?