Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

Unless there’s action taken in the stadium with banners nothing will change. 

Just like the atmosphere thread, whinging on FoxesTalk isn’t going to change anything.  If you feel that strongly enough about wanting Rudkin out then people need to make it known on a match day. 

Trouble is they will be too busy moaning and groaning about another sideways or backwards pass or more importantly fecking off home 10 minutes before the end of the game 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Contracts were sanctioned for players who were never worth them, which snookered us and got us relegated, and we're meant to feel sorry for them?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Weren’t you excited about getting in most of our signings at the time?

1 hour ago, The_Rorab said:

There's a lot to say and none of it good but I just wanted to pick up on something a few people here have said about the Summer transfer window that has baffled me.

I've seen at least 2 or 3 posts essentially saying well it's okay we won't have much money we can always sell KDH for 30mill or what have you. In what world is that a positive??? Sure, we'd have 30mill, but we'd be severely weakening ourselves Sheffield United style.

Sure maybe we'd be able to use those funds to frankenstein ourselves more options elsewhere, but it boggles my mind that anyone can think that move would be positive for us.

Whoever states that we can sell KDH and imagines we can pick up anyone like the player he is needs a proverbial kick up the arse. He's a pivotal part of this side and we're damn lucky he was around when Madders went. These people aren't fans of football - they see it as a market where players are commodities - not valuable members of a team. I sincerely don't understand why they profess an interest in football by being on here. They should be reading about the financial markets.

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Need to give Rudkin some kudos

He has buried himself so far inside King Power that he can bomb hundreds of millions off the value of one of its businesses and its assets and seemingly face absolutely no repercussions at all

Takes some kind of skill that does lol

Yep, expert work on that level. His skills remind me of certain characters in Game of Thrones. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Whoever states that we can sell KDH and imagines we can pick up anyone like the player he is needs a proverbial kick up the arse. He's a pivotal part of this side and we're damn lucky he was around when Madders went. These people aren't fans of football - they see it as a market where players are commodities - not valuable members of a team. I sincerely don't understand why they profess an interest in football by being on here. They should be reading about the financial markets.

The likelihood is that its either sell KDH or another prize asset or get ready for projecting a minus five points in the PL next season around December time. Cold, harsh reality of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Disagree. That's exactly what his role should be. He's the quality control filter to the ownership. He should be knowledgable to know the worth of a player. When to say to a manager or a scout, that deal isn't worth it. That's the remit of a DoF or a technical director. 

If he isn't doing that role, then simply he's a waste of a title, waste of a wage - because exactly what would do he do outside of that? 

Someone has to shape how the club is going to look in the future. You can't be the head of it and not at least make sure that everything links up. 

That would take an encypledic knowledge of footballers when you consider the levels that we've picked some of our players up from.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Agreed, your average fan has a good grasp of transfer fees and player worth based on history, age, injury etc, if you spend your working life within that industry you feel like that person should be an asset in that role. 
It would appear we overpay and overrate the lesser skilled players when selling.

Obviously no teams get it right all the time, but history has shown us with the amount of deadweight we carry that most of the time we get it wrong.

Really????????

Ric has a huge knowledge of players yet he believed that Daka would be sold by us for a massive profit.

At best some fans have a knowledge of players in the ame division as their team, we're buying from all over Europe and up and down leagues.

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Again if you think that people wanting Rudkin out are just reacting to the Sensi transfer or this window you are missing the point

99% of the people calling for Rudkin’s head have no idea what he does or the restrictions the club faces. It’s just a rabid mob with no clue. Same crowd who are unhappy with Enzo’s style of play whilst we top the league and break records on our way back to the Prem. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

That would take an encypledic knowledge of footballers when you consider the levels that we've picked some of our players up from.

Yet it's something the likes of Brighton manage to pull off. 

Equally something Man U get very wrong 

So, since relegation.......what more can the club have possibly done, whilst staying in the financial parameters? Top of the league, new manager, 5th round of the FA Cup, half a dozen excellent signings and yes we have lost a regularly injured Inter Milan reserve player, who was as likely to be the next Tete, Under (Who we all saluted on their arrival), as the next Mahrez,, and we'll probably never know if they were or not.....can we shut this thread and all focus on Stoke tomorrow.....

• Like 2

Bookmark this post for September 1st 2024.

Let's see how good our board and Mr Rudkin look after the remainder of this season and summer have been and gone.

I think we're going to see some unpleasant truths about the state of our financial predicament. No doubt it'll all be defended because we fans don't have cast iron proof we're responsible for it as a club.

14 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

99% of the people calling for Rudkin’s head have no idea what he does or the restrictions the club faces. It’s just a rabid mob with no clue. Same crowd who are unhappy with Enzo’s style of play whilst we top the league and break records on our way back to the Prem. 

I promise you alot of them have quite a good idea what he does and what his role is and also absolutely back Enzo and his style of play

Edited by lcfcbluearmy
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Players are commodities, football has very much been a business since the advent of the Premiership. If someone bid £100 mil for KDH (of course we would accept, not that they would).

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bookmark this post for September 1st 2024.

Let's see how good our board and Mr Rudkin look after the remainder of this season and summer have been and gone.

I think we're going to see some unpleasant truths about the state of our financial predicament. No doubt it'll all be defended because we fans don't have cast iron proof we're responsible for it as a club.

I think that the promotion if we get there as we should will ease the financial difficulties for this summer but if we continue to make the same mistakes the following summer will be interesting