Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

internally more worrying than publicly this is a second manager that seemed to be surprised money they thought was available wasn't, it would suggest they aren't talking to the manager as much as they should be

Absolutely

Not gone thru the thread but has it been mentioned on here that Rudkin strongly suggesting vetoing the Sensi Transfer for an undisclosed issue? And as he's done this before with another transfer that didn't go thru, which turned out to be the correct decision, his opinion is trusted enough for the decision to be final

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I do wonder like @Ric Flair seemed to on their latest pod if Rudkin would have been moved of LCFC to a role within KP by now if Vichai were still around, Rudkin seems to have far more influence over Top than he did his father, how many different jobs did you say he had Ric?

4 positions

Academy director and DOF at LCFC

DOF at Leuven

Some gig with King Power horse racing

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I do wonder like @Ric Flair seemed to on their latest pod if Rudkin would have been moved of LCFC to a role within KP by now if Vichai were still around, Rudkin seems to have far more influence over Top than he did his father, how many different jobs did you say he had Ric?

Whelan has a role with KP and a role at LCFC

Imagine Rudkin would have had similar 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

4 positions

Academy director and DOF at LCFC

DOF at Leuven

Some gig with King Power horse racing

If absolutely nothing else, I think we're within our rights to expect the LCFC Director of Football to be doing and focussing on that job full-time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattFox said:

What does Andrew Neville do?

Whats a football operations director?

He’s been around the club years

he's basically in charge of the stadium and how it is stewarded on match days

9 hours ago, MattFox said:

He is Rudders Chauffeur.

I think the biggest issue with Rudkin, is his long standing affiliation with the club, he’s risen through the ranks into a lofty position, I don’t know the guy personally, but that is likely to have an impact on his attitude. If the stories are true that he was blindly behind Rodgers, despite him quite clearly not wanting to be with the club anymore. 

He has become part of the furniture, and in such a position as his that can become dangerous. In my opinion he has too much control over the club, and he’s frankly unqualified to do his role. 

Unfortunately he’s going nowhere bar a scandal, complete bollock dropped or a fan revolt.

He needs to go, there’s an unhealthy relationship with the club and a far too comfortable one with Top. In a DOF, we need someone who isn’t affiliated with the club.

11 hours ago, MattFox said:

I’ve read that he’s charge of things like travel, hotels, player catering etc

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’ve read that he’s charge of things like travel, hotels, player catering etc

So just the old boy they keep around the place basically because he lifts the mood

He loves big Nige incidentally 

IMG_2966.thumb.jpeg.efb688c3ba6b0f47a5a2309e3f961771.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think the biggest issue with Rudkin, is his long standing affiliation with the club, he’s risen through the ranks into a lofty position, I don’t know the guy personally, but that is likely to have an impact on his attitude. If the stories are true that he was blindly behind Rodgers, despite him quite clearly not wanting to be with the club anymore. 

He has become part of the furniture, and in such a position as his that can become dangerous. In my opinion he has too much control over the club, and he’s frankly unqualified to do his role. 

Unfortunately he’s going nowhere bar a scandal, complete bollock dropped or a fan revolt.

He needs to go, there’s an unhealthy relationship with the club and a far too comfortable one with Top. In a DOF, we need someone who isn’t affiliated with the club.

The thing is he shares in credit when a signing works but, invariably when it doesn’t it sits mostly with him because he controls the purse strings.

Maybe unfair but the perception is he is not a great negotiator.

we overpay to get players to sign and he can’t oversee a sale when we decide we need to move players on.

He appears bullet proof so we need to hope he has a good summer. He needs to, as he should be very busy.

The main roles and responsibilities of a Director of Football can vary at each club. but generally include:

1. Overseeing player recruitment: The Director of Football is responsible for recruiting players that align with the team's strategy and goals.

2. Managing player contracts: They negotiate and manage player contracts, including transfers, extensions, and salary negotiations.

3. Collaborating with the coaching staff: The Director of Football works closely with the coaching staff to ensure that the team's playing style and philosophy are aligned with the recruitment strategy.

4. Developing and implementing a long-term strategy: They contribute to the development of the club's long-term strategy, including player development, scouting networks, and youth academy.

5. Building and maintaining relationships: The Director of Football establishes and maintains relationships with agents, other clubs, and scouting networks to stay informed about potential player opportunities.

6. Budgeting and financial management: They work with the club's management to set and manage the transfer budget, ensuring that player acquisitions align with the financial resources of the club.

7. Monitoring player performance and development: The Director of Football tracks the performance and development of players, providing feedback and guidance to coaches and players.

8. Representing the club: They act as a representative of the club in negotiations, meetings, and public events, maintaining the club's reputation and image.

What is clear is that if Rudkin’s role is largely as above then our FFP position does sit largely at his door, I have no issue with the contracts dished out to players such as Vardy, Barnes, Madders, Fofana, Tielemans, Wilf etc as they were at the top of their games the time and integral to us trying to disrupt the big 6, where I think he has massively failed is the contracts and renewals handed out to the squad and fringe players where we have massively over rewarded players of the ilk of Ward, Hamza, Praet, Soumare, Bertrand, Vesty etc 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Like overseeing the most avoidable relegation in the Premier League history?

It looks like he's with us as long as KP are. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MattFox said:

So just the old boy they keep around the place basically because he lifts the mood

He loves big Nige incidentally 

IMG_2966.thumb.jpeg.efb688c3ba6b0f47a5a2309e3f961771.jpeg

Class, I could read pro-Pearson stuff all day 

• Like 4

On 02/02/2024 at 16:10, Beachyboy said:

Players are commodities, football has very much been a business since the advent of the Premiership. If someone bid £100 mil for KDH (of course we would accept, not that they would).

And that's where football has wandered away from what it was in the days of yore. Mercenaries and commodities. So wtf am I still doing investing my emotional being in supporting LCFC? Serious question. No continuity, an owner from halfway across the world, constant chopping and changing of managers and players.

Maybe I should switch my allegiance to Barcelona and become a fan boy.

2 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Apparently even Sensi's wife has released a statement before Rudders has 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://football-italia.net/picture-sensis-wife-reacts-to-collapsed-leicester-city-transfer/

The club don't do statements. The policy across the board is radio silence as much as possible and there's plenty of people who can attest to this.

• Like 2

On 05/02/2024 at 11:22, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club don't do statements. The policy across the board is radio silence as much as possible and there's plenty of people who can attest to this.

Why speak when you've something to hide?

Speaking of which who egged his house a few years ago?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfers-rudkin-glover-5565420