Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

10 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Or just do the deal earlier to allow for more time?

One of the main guys was at Tops wedding wasn’t he?

If we have ran out of times it’s a balls up again from our side

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not while they thought they could get a transfer fee. 

There is so much to hammer Rudkin on - there is no excuse for what happened the previous season - but not sure the mess here is at his door. 

Why not have a backup target on loan in that case? Incompetent 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Surely they will have all taken a wage cut when we got relegated and won't automatically go back to what they were on previously when we get promoted.

I'm not disagreeing that we have a huge problem just think the extra income from promotion might soften the blow this summer. But if we still can't sell anyone the Jan and following summer are where we will see we are once again unable to buy and having to sell

No, when you go back up, the wages go back to what they were when in the PL. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No, when you go back up, the wages go back to what they were when in the PL. 

Isn't there another 7 players out of contract? So there won't be many players who will go back to PL wages, Faes, KDH and Daka off the top of my head

Ward

Iversen

Ricardo

Justin

Faes

Souttar

Kristiansen

Thomas

Soumare

Dewsbury-Hall

Daka

Looking much healthier, but still a concern.

Let's hope we've not enticed Coady and Winks here with huge promotion wage bonuses. We'd never do that surely. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

One of the main guys was at Tops wedding wasn’t he?

If we have ran out of times it’s a balls up again from our side

This isn’t rocket science - Inter wanted a fee we couldn’t afford and it took deadline day for both parties to compromise. 

The criticism that we didn’t have an alternative target is a fair one, as is the fact that the FFP issues we have are from Rudkin’s stewardship. But the Sensi deal itself is more complex. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

From memory never have we got a January window right under Rudkin. Rodgers squad needed an injection of quality in 3 Jan windows for differing reasons but failed every time with either nothing or crap. 

This one we may be OK but feels like when things get complicated he either has to get Whelan involved (Fofana sale)or it flops. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ward

Iversen

Ricardo

Justin

Faes

Souttar

Kristiansen

Thomas

Soumare

Dewsbury-Hall

Daka

Looking much healthier, but still a concern.

Let's hope we've not enticed Coady and Winks here with huge promotion wage bonuses. We'd never do that surely. 

sounds like someone's in the know.....Jesus what a way to do business 

• The deal then got bogged down with the lawyers, Inter took longer than expected but we gave them extra time
  • Problem then was when we then got the term sheet, Leicester's document in response was longer due to EFL requirements 
  • Their lawyers were surprised by the length of it and then had amendments but there wasn't enough time for Leicester's lawyers to review them

this bit here just doesn’t sound realistic. If it is, Rudkin hasn’t made the biggest cock up in the process. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

Clearly done the best we can. FFP has ****ed us over there’s no denying it. I think what we’ve been most guilty of is not selling some of our players when they’ve been at their highest values. Ndidi, Kel? Youri, Soyuncu etc were all assets we should’ve cashed in and reinvested but for whatever reason weren’t. People can talk about whether there was interest but I’d highly doubt no one wanted those players in their peaks under us. 

this chain of events has led to our ultimate relegation and tight finances, paired with rewarding our players bigger contracts (rightly so after finishing in the top 5 twice) but has led to a lack of ultimately flexibility financially.

Hopefully we’ve learnt our lesson. If all goes to plan the likes of Mads, Fatawu and KDH whilst being players we should build around are also potential players we’ll have to accept may need to be sold. Sadly we’ve lost the faith that this money will be reinvested wisely and rightfully so; fingers crossed going forwards.

This is where I am at with Rudkin and this has nothing to do with him not just signing players willy nilly, last season I felt so frustrated that Rodgers had clearly given up and didn’t have the clubs interest at heart and was blatantly sabotaging the club for his own means and agenda. 

in the case of Rudkin, I honestly believe he is out of depth and not qualified to be the Director of Football at a football club with the ambitions and aspirations we have to be disrupting the big 6. We have a world class training facility and a very exciting young manager, and yet we have Rudkin who I believe is massively holding us back. 

If anyone says FFP to me, I will reply it is Rudkin, who has in the main,  negotiated the  exorbitant transfer fees and dished out massive wages and contracts to some very bang average players, which has completely hamstrung us for 3/4 windows where we have ended up with a bloated and unbalanced squad,. 

in addition have a look at the recruitment heads,  scouts, analysis team and medical staff who have moved on over the last 10 years, nobody has come knocking at his door, for a club that was identified as a model club, if we are so innovative and creative why do we have such a high turnaround of staff. We clearly have had some very talented people working for us and yet it’s very rare we see these people promoted and have to move on to take senior roles elsewhere.

it feels to me he suppresses any real talent we have as they are a direct threat to him and having high calibre people in roles will only further highlight his shortcomings so he protects his interests and position. 

Enzo is an interesting one as he seems to be very focused and very professional, with very high standards, and he doesn’t seem to be a shrinking violet, his opinions on how the club is performing in certain areas may well be putting Rudkin under the spotlight and under some uncomfortable scrutiny. 

I hope Top realises what a good coach and manager we have and makes sure we don’t lose him, if we really want to progress again, we need a fresh pair of eyes and a different outlook, a sporting director who can open up new markets where we can unlock value. It all seems very stale and samey from Rudkin. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Clearly done the best we can. FFP has ****ed us over there’s no denying it. I think what we’ve been most guilty of is not selling some of our players when they’ve been at their highest values. Ndidi, Kel? Youri, Soyuncu etc were all assets we should’ve cashed in and reinvested but for whatever reason weren’t. People can talk about whether there was interest but I’d highly doubt no one wanted those players in their peaks under us. 

this chain of events has led to our ultimate relegation and tight finances, paired with rewarding our players bigger contracts (rightly so after finishing in the top 5 twice) but has led to a lack of ultimately flexibility financially.

Hopefully we’ve learnt our lesson. If all goes to plan the likes of Mads, Fatawu and KDH whilst being players we should build around are also potential players we’ll have to accept may need to be sold. Sadly we’ve lost the faith that this money will be reinvested wisely and rightfully so; fingers crossed going forwards.

Rudkin has negotiated the transfer deals and contracts that have taken us to the brink of breaching FFP, he is responsible and accountable which ever way people want to cut and dice it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This is where I am at with Rudkin and this has nothing to do with him not just signing players willy nilly, last season I felt so frustrated that Rodgers had clearly given up and didn’t have the clubs interest at heart and was blatantly sabotaging the club for his own means and agenda. 

in the case of Rudkin, I honestly believe he is out of depth and not qualified to be the Director of Football at a football club with the ambitions and aspirations we have to be disrupting the big 6. We have a world class training facility and a very exciting young manager, and yet we have Rudkin who I believe is massively holding us back. 

If anyone says FFP to me, I will reply it is Rudkin, who has in the main,  negotiated the  exorbitant transfer fees and dished out massive wages and contracts to some very bang average players, which has completely hamstrung us for 3/4 windows where we have ended up with a bloated and unbalanced squad,. 

in addition have a look at the recruitment heads,  scouts, analysis team and medical staff who have moved on over the last 10 years, nobody has come knocking at his door, for a club that was identified as a model club, if we are so innovative and creative why do we have such a high turnaround of staff. We clearly have had some very talented people working for us and yet it’s very rare we see these people promoted and have to move on to take senior roles elsewhere.

it feels to me he suppresses any real talent we have as they are a direct threat to him and having high calibre people in roles will only further highlight his shortcomings so he protects his interests and position. 

Enzo is an interesting one as he seems to be very focused and very professional, with very high standards, and he doesn’t seem to be a shrinking violet, his opinions on how the club is performing in certain areas may well be putting Rudkin under the spotlight and under some uncomfortable scrutiny. 

I hope Top realises what a good coach and manager we have and makes sure we don’t lose him, if we really want to progress again, we need a fresh pair of eyes and a different outlook, a sporting director who can open up new markets where we can unlock value. It all seems very stale and samey from Rudkin. 

This is close to impossible now. Newcastle and Villa have done it over the past couple of years but don’t have the squad depth to maintain it AND to create the squad depth, they would be charged with FFP breaches as both are already on the brink. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I think laziness has played a part. It's easy to give out extended contracts to existing players, the hard route is saying goodbye at a players peak, negotiating a good deal with a buyer then identifying a replacement (the way we used to do things). To Clubs like us, Brighton, etc, player turnover is everything. 

We got lazy when the success came. 

I think this also applies to some of the signings we made, throwing money at it, and surprise surprise you end up with player after player that you can't give away.

I don't know how much of this Rudkin is responsible for, but somebody decided to change the method. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

From memory never have we got a January window right under Rudkin. Rodgers squad needed an injection of quality in 3 Jan windows for differing reasons but failed every time with either nothing or crap. 

This one we may be OK but feels like when things get complicated he either has to get Whelan involved (Fofana sale)or it flops. 

Cost us dearly as well, we were in the Champions League spots didn’t strengthen and fell away. 

9 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I think laziness has played a part. It's easy to give out extended contracts to existing players, the hard route is saying goodbye at a players peak, negotiating a good deal with a buyer then identifying a replacement (the way we used to do things). To Clubs like us, Brighton, etc, player turnover is everything. 

We got lazy when the success came. 

I think this also applies to some of the signings we made, throwing money at it, and surprise surprise you end up with player after player that you can't give away.

I don't know how much of this Rudkin is responsible for, but somebody decided to change the method. 

Yet the slightest hint that we sell KDH and the fans go in meltdown. The same KDH that gets pelters every match thread and whos biggest criticism is being one footed and wasteful with his passing. We should be selling our prized assets when they are at the top of their game, and KDH is arguably there. A player that has never massively stood out as consistently great in the Premier League, yet seems to be regarded and a few clubs watching him. 

• Like 1

Moving on players is an issue.  To attract players,  ridiculous money has to be spent.   Clubs want to move on under performing players. Other clubs don't want to buy under-performing players. Throw in the amortisation rules, clubs end up not being able to shift players.

Vestergaard has become a fixture in the team.   We couldn't shift him.

Players like Ward can investigate  their futures by not playing in football matches.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:
  • The deal then got bogged down with the lawyers, Inter took longer than expected but we gave them extra time
  • Problem then was when we then got the term sheet, Leicester's document in response was longer due to EFL requirements 
  • Their lawyers were surprised by the length of it and then had amendments but there wasn't enough time for Leicester's lawyers to review them

this bit here just doesn’t sound realistic. If it is, Rudkin hasn’t made the biggest cock up in the process. 

It sounded like Rudkin wrote that article on behalf of Tanner 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m left speechless by the increasingly bizarre defence offered for Rudkin. 

The latest being: We ran out of time so that’s not his fault!!!! 

Where has he defended himself? He doesn't speak publicly that's part of the issue.

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m left speechless by the increasingly bizarre defence offered for Rudkin. 

The latest being: We ran out of time so that’s not his fault!!!! 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Compare and contrast. One irrational. The other rational. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, majaco said:

Moving on players is an issue.  To attract players,  ridiculous money has to be spent.   Clubs want to move on under performing players. Other clubs don't want to buy under-performing players. Throw in the amortisation rules, clubs end up not being able to shift players.

Vestergaard has become a fixture in the team.   We couldn't shift him.

Players like Ward can investigate  their futures by not playing in football matches.

The market is now tiny as well. Vast majority of European clubs aren't even close to being able to afford the wages paid by prem clubs. 

So you're stuck trying to offload surplus players to the same few clubs in the same league, even if a player possibly suits a style of play abroad.  

That said we do seem to be particularly bad at moving players on.