Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

15 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

99% of the people calling for Rudkin’s head have no idea what he does or the restrictions the club faces. It’s just a rabid mob with no clue. Same crowd who are unhappy with Enzo’s style of play whilst we top the league and break records on our way back to the Prem. 

Je Suis rabid mob #Solidaritie 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bookmark this post for September 1st 2024.

Let's see how good our board and Mr Rudkin look after the remainder of this season and summer have been and gone.

I think we're going to see some unpleasant truths about the state of our financial predicament. No doubt it'll all be defended because we fans don't have cast iron proof we're responsible for it as a club.

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think that the promotion if we get there as we should will ease the financial difficulties for this summer but if we continue to make the same mistakes the following summer will be interesting

Before relegation we were on the brink re FFP/PSR weren't we. Victims of having to pay over the odds to attract players and compete with bigger clubs who can afford better players but also pay less for similar targets.

Sorting out that mess upon relegation was always going to be a huge job and it isn't complete yet. We still have a number of players who are drawing decent wages but are surplus to requirements: Ward, Iversen, Thomas, Souttar for starters. Then there are other big earners who could end up leaving in the summer, including Vardy, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Daka.

The summer should be another reset and help us meet those FFP/PSR objectives, but we're also going to need to take some sort of risks paying relatively high transfer fees and wages to be competitive and help avoid relegation. Even if we keep some of the high earners (those who aren't deadwood) above, we're still going to need to spend.

So, there should be more wriggle room and we'll be able to spend in the summer, but we may still be in a similar position as now next Jan - that's my prediction anyway :dunno:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

So, since relegation.......what more can the club have possibly done, whilst staying in the financial parameters? Top of the league, new manager, 5th round of the FA Cup, half a dozen excellent signings and yes we have lost a regularly injured Inter Milan reserve player, who was as likely to be the next Tete, Under (Who we all saluted on their arrival), as the next Mahrez,, and we'll probably never know if they were or not.....can we shut this thread and all focus on Stoke tomorrow.....

See that's the thing - the financial parameters are based on a three year cycle. So the errors made previously bite you on the arse for a continued spell. Relegation effectively wipes £20 million of excess off you - PL losses accepted at £35m per year / Champ at £13m per year. Saying 'since relegation' doesn't really work - this year into eighteen months is literal financial black hole for the club. At the same time running contracts down on your must sellable assets in the past, so we haven't banked as much within three year period, we'd like. 

You could argue our tactic over the summer - signings, player retentions etc has effectively gave us a ten point lead over the other two relegated clubs. But when you ask what could the club do better? Southampton - spent £18.4m, sold £159.6 m - therefore giving themselves a whopping incoming windfall of £141.2 mil. Leeds are interesting - as they are level approximately but they have loan fees + likely permanent transfers to come in June. We've had £37.6m spent, £90.1m come back (FFP is excludes Maddison departure - but I have allowed for comparison's sake)

To give an idea Saints did a pretty good deal in getting Brooks in for example to swap for Alcaraz. They've made a real effort for compliance. Good, clever player trading. Used the loan market as the ladder to the top flight. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Before relegation we were on the brink re FFP/PSR weren't we. Victims of having to pay over the odds to attract players and compete with bigger clubs who can afford better players but also pay less for similar targets.

Sorting out that mess upon relegation was always going to be a huge job and it isn't complete yet. We still have a number of players who are drawing decent wages but are surplus to requirements: Ward, Iversen, Thomas, Souttar for starters. Then there are other big earners who could end up leaving in the summer, including Vardy, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Daka.

The summer should be another reset and help us meet those FFP/PSR objectives, but we're also going to need to take some sort of risks paying relatively high transfer fees and wages to be competitive and help avoid relegation. Even if we keep some of the high earners (those who aren't deadwood) above, we're still going to need to spend.

So, there should be more wriggle room and we'll be able to spend in the summer, but we may still be in a similar position as now next Jan - that's my prediction anyway :dunno:

Slight issue is that you can split the summer into two now with the deadline of June 30 for PSR/FFP accounts.

So the relief doesn't come until July - so I'd happily predict there is a financial bridge that needs gapping in between now and June because the parachute won't be enough (in comparison to the PL TV deal). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Just so happens my cousin Zak Rudkin's birthday is on the day of our next home game!

No way, on the same way as Jo Nouts 

Her mum brenda is likely to send a message 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Yes I think that's a pretty solid prediction we were on the edge before relegation but have significantly cut wages and spending since relegation so if we get promoted we will have prem money back and should have some wiggle room in the summer. Once that is spent though Jan and next summer we night have some serious problems unless we can ship out some of the dead wood for decent fees

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I must be one of the 1% then. 

I’d say I have a fairly good idea what the responsibilities of a Director are. Simply put you’re in charge of the area you direct. Eg. Football.

I’d happily see Rudkin sacked, but would be devastated to lose our brilliant manager who’s football philosophy / tactics / style I love.

I don’t suppose I’m as unique as your post suggests.

The funny thing is that the majority of the 99% think that they are in the 1%

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bookmark this post for September 1st 2024.

Let's see how good our board and Mr Rudkin look after the remainder of this season and summer have been and gone.

I think we're going to see some unpleasant truths about the state of our financial predicament. No doubt it'll all be defended because we fans don't have cast iron proof we're responsible for it as a club.

The biggest surprise to me is that people are surprised we are returning to selling our big assets. Chief executive Susan Whelan even stated in the 21/22 accounts “As we look to continue to compete with more established opponents, profits from player trading and continued successful recruitment will continue to feature prominently in our strategy.”

We will know more about the current situation with the release of the 22/23 accounts, considering several sources I've read have us under FFP for the 3-year period of 19/20- 20/21/ 21/22 by somewhere between 5-10m.

I suspect we will be well under for 22/23 due to player sales. This season would always be tight under Championship P & S, as we had to deal with a large wage bill. 

Having a championship season in your 3-year FFP calculation is always going to make it harder as it reduces your allowable losses over a 3-year period from 105m to 89m 

Really do feel Fofana is a win for our scouts, we paid 36m for a guy who had played 20 senior games, the deal itself financially is pretty tragic if you take what happened after the fact out of the equation, considering in that time period Arsenal got Saliba in the exact same situation from the exact same club for 10m less, and he wasn’t pushing aggressively to go like Fofana.

Edited by LCFCCKEANO

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

99% of the people calling for Rudkin’s head have no idea what he does or the restrictions the club faces. It’s just a rabid mob with no clue. Same crowd who are unhappy with Enzo’s style of play whilst we top the league and break records on our way back to the Prem. 

It’s actually the exact opposite crowd to the style of play…. They’ll be the ones supporting Rudkin….

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

Surely Enzo knew the financial situation of the club?

I don't see how Enzo would have been as nieve enough to think we can just slap a 'For Sale' sign on players and expect them & our financial problems to be gone over night....like some on here seem to think is possible..

I'm pretty sure all the available finances and future finances will have been discussed in detail.

I think the end of this season we'll be able to have a more efficient clear out thus giving us the money to support Enzo's plans.

You only have to look at the players in our squad, for a championship team, to know there's going to be major financial issues.

Edited by LCFC-92

7 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

I don't see how Enzo would have been as nieve enough to think we can just slap a 'For Sale' sign on players and expect them & our financial problems to be gone over night....like some on here seem to think is possible..

I'm pretty sure all the available finances and future finances will have been discussed in detail.

I think the end of this season we'll be able to have a more efficient clear out thus giving us the money to support Enzo's plans.

You only have to look at the players in our squad, for a championship team, to know there's going to be major financial issues.

You're making an assumption here.

Which Enzo has gone on record to say he wasn't aware of and we've had a previous manager say the same.

If anyone has spoken to anyone who works at the club they'll tell you communication at the top is very sporadic.

2 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

I don't see how Enzo would have been as nieve enough to think we can just slap a 'For Sale' sign on players and expect them & our financial problems to be gone over night....like some on her seem to think is possible..

Knew but probably not fully understood the implications. The position could have also changed, or when he came in there was the assumption that certain outgoings were nailed on, but didn't happen.

But he's not an idiot, and knows the restrictions on a relegated club. He probably saw Sensi as a low cost option and i am sure there will be some internal tensions following its collapse.  I am sure he looks at what the other clubs have done and realises that right now, its different to where things were even a year ago.

• Like 1

I'm not painting us to be saints - We've been paying outrageous wages for years and we let Rodgers spunk £220m away (But don't forget "he wasn't backed"!!!!!), on what I genuinely can't tell you!

I also apologise to continually be pointing fingers at other clubs, Villa inparticularly, how they're getting away with FFP I do not know, they got relegated with fairly high profile players who must have been on a fair whack, got promoted straight away (I think, or did it take them 2 years?) and then gone on to spend mega money (I mean, I know we were 'interested' but I highly doubt we could ever have dreamed or afforded Coutinho's wages) - Yes they sold Grealish of which was 100% profit but the low price buy/high price sales + players we've made 100% profit on ourselves I just don't get how it's possible we're in more a mess than them, great they've got European football, we won the PL, had a season in the CL (Making the Quarter Finals), we had 2 seasons in the Europa League - Dropping into the Conference during one of them and won the FA Cup (On that one I don't believe winning the FA Cup brings much money in)

I'm very naïve regarding FFP and don't know the rules, but on the face of it I just don't get how we're acting like paupers while others have spent with gay abandon. (I'm talking teams i'd put in a similar bracket to ourselves - I'm talking the 'top' teams aside)

Maybe we're being pro active as to avoid punishment, maybe Villa et al will be punished shortly, it all remains to be seen, but in the here and now I just don't get it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

So, since relegation.......what more can the club have possibly done, whilst staying in the financial parameters? Top of the league, new manager, 5th round of the FA Cup, half a dozen excellent signings and yes we have lost a regularly injured Inter Milan reserve player, who was as likely to be the next Tete, Under (Who we all saluted on their arrival), as the next Mahrez,, and we'll probably never know if they were or not.....can we shut this thread and all focus on Stoke tomorrow.....

how about take the £4m we were offered for our 4th choice keeper in the summer instead of holding out for £6m given the balance of the difference will be spent on his wages for this season alone, be pro-active in finding transfers for players the manager doesn't want like Souttar, Praet etc. It's like they expect people to come to us for them when some of them have barely played in a year.

We had this last season too and we mostly put it down to Rodgers wanting out but it was the same failing then.

If the deal with Sensi only collapsed over terms with Inter why haven't we signed him on a bosman already, he was here after all, for the summer?

I wonder how many people making excuses for Rudkin were also the ones that refused to accept we were in a relegation battle last season? We sleepwalked into relegation we are now in a position where we only really have 3 cms and one of those is out for 3 months, Praet is off and doesn't stand out in a league a player of his ability should be a leading player for and Yunus is a winger. 

Not finding a transfer for Souttar and Ward, the latter of whom is on big money, is handicapping us for FFP. It's not just the Sensi deal, its window after window players we want to sell go no where. And we  already know the big sales are handled by Whelan not Rudkin and now we have a second manager saying the finances are worse than they had been led to believe, that's shitty management by a director, he's crawled his way into Tops arse so the only way he'll be gone is if fans demand it and even then I'm not sure it'd happen and Top is rarely here

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

how about take the £4m we were offered for our 4th choice keeper in the summer instead of holding out for £6m given the balance of the difference will be spent on his wages for this season alone, be pro-active in finding transfers for players the manager doesn't want like Souttar, Praet etc. It's like they expect people to come to us for them when some of them have barely played in a year.

We had this last season too and we mostly put it down to Rodgers wanting out but it was the same failing then.

If the deal with Sensi only collapsed over terms with Inter why haven't we signed him on a bosman already, he was here after all, for the summer?

Source?

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think that the promotion if we get there as we should will ease the financial difficulties for this summer but if we continue to make the same mistakes the following summer will be interesting

We have a huge gulf in what the majority of this squad will be on wages wise once back in the Prem and what a new wage structure needs to be. With our inability to sell, I don't see how this gets rectified quickly, so we have the issue of either continuing to pay our new recruits what the rest are on, or struggle to recruit because they have to sign on terms far less than players we have that we don't even want.

We've made our bed.