Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

It's all very entertaining but someone needs to be more than a fun cameo if its going to be anything substantial. At the very least we will need 100/50 more. 

Not fun getting smacked around but I think I'd enjoy bowling against England, always a chance of a wicket and you don't necessarily have to do anything to get it. Hard to not make a mistake eventually. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

England could have batted them out of the game with a little more care.

Exactly, Bazball is great but just need a little more care for out wickets. Root could've scored whatever he wanted today and completely batted Australia out of it, zero need to be coming down the pitch to Lyon. 

7 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Exactly, Bazball is great but just need a little more care for out wickets. Root could've scored whatever he wanted today and completely batted Australia out of it, zero need to be coming down the pitch to Lyon. 

We need to read the situation a little better. 

Australia know if they control the run rate, we will take on a rash shot. 

Root can score so fast just rotating the strike, not sure he needss to run down the wicket 

Edited by coolhandfox

Ironically it slowed down when Stokes came in. 

But, I can understand why. England don't want to commit too early and have it backfire, especially after Root and Brook's runs, and also with not enough on the board. Hopefully Stokes and Bairstow time the next attack well before tea to pile on the runs.

Lead has to be at least 250 you'd think. Tomorrow's weather unpredictability really shits things up. 

1 minute ago, Simmo86 said:

Tough to defend with potentially no Mo 

Given the weather conditions forecast I would hope the seamers can do most of the legwork anyhow.

A good point raised over on the Beeb (that a few people appear to miss) is that while this aggressive style might have risks, if England play like they did before it then they lose anyway. I know that the response to that might be that it doesn't have to be a straight dichotomy between the two, but for me that would just lead to complications, indecision and possible loss anyway.

the next day and a half will show ‘bazball’ at its best or worst 

you can’t take it piecemeal - you just hope that the ups outweigh the downs - so far they have in spades 

it’s frustrating though when it plays out like this  - an old fashioned approach today without much help for the bowlers from the elements would probably have brought a lead of 300 going into tomorrow - then you take your chance with the weather allowing  enough overs to bowl them out. Probably lose a good two hours tomorrow morning with the day extended at the back end if a result looks possible. 

Gotta hope that we don’t lose this because the Aussies record at lords says we’ll be two down with three to play !