Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-2 Everton - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-2 Everton

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.9

Total Average Rating

187 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Daniel Iversen 8.8
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Harvey Barnes 4.4
  4. Manager Confidence 92% -4%

Season: 2022/23
Voting Starts: 01/05/23
Voting Ends: 06/05/23

1. Daniel Iversen
  2. Timothy Castagne
  3. Wout Faes
  4. Çağlar Söyüncü
  5. Luke Thomas
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Boubakary Soumaré
  9. James Maddison
  10. Jamie Vardy
  11. Harvey Barnes
  12. Patson Daka (sub)
  13. Victor Kristiansen (sub)
  14. Dennis Praet (sub)

Iversen 10. What did he do wrong? Was superb. Vardy very good and Soyuncu too on the whole. Tielemans was awful other than that touch. Ndidi nowhere near the level he should be. Soumare was one man midfield. Thomas poor, but little support from Barnes and Castagne a real mix. 

• Like 1

Too many players were poor today for us to deserve to win the game. Thomas, Barnes and  Ndidi were all shocking and Tielemans was bang average. We needed 11 players to play out of their skins today. Thank god we had Danny Iversen with a 9/10 performance (point deducted for his kicking.) 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Iversen 10. What did he do wrong? Was superb. Vardy very good and Soyuncu too on the whole. Tielemans was awful other than that touch. Ndidi nowhere near the level he should be. Soumare was one man midfield. Thomas poor, but little support from Barnes and Castagne a real mix. 

9. As brilliant a shot stopper as he is, his kicking is nothing short of gash.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, shen said:

I share the sentiment and frustration - reason and common sense are a thing of the past, or at least in danger of falling permanent victim to reactionary and violent emotional outbursts.

Wow, Daggers’ emotional comment is quite an extreme sentiment to share! Tbh a 4.1 rating for Barnsey v Everton is actually very generous to the lad. 

• Like 2

Football is a passionate game and right now I'm so het up. Vardy is a great penalty taker and flying. He would just smash it and 9/10 it would go in. We'd be 3 1 up before the break and close it out. Now it's in the lap of the gods. I can't tell you what a foolish stupid mistake it was. It was like Under 10s level. We gave the penalty to a very clever technical player he tried a trick and it backfired. It's like a £200m error.  Or whatever they value Premier League survival at.

Edited by John12345
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, iancognito said:

9. As brilliant a shot stopper as he is, his kicking is nothing short of gash.

You have to direct some blame at the team management because when something is clearly not working as in kicking it out of play via Barnes why continue to do it.

As poor as Barnes was he must have had more passes fly over his head than to his feet.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone got Luke Thomas stats from last night? I feel he was way better than a 4.8 rating.

I’m not his biggest fan but he was okay yesterday. I certainly don’t think Kristiensen has shown to be any better than him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John12345 said:

Football is a passionate game and right now I'm so het up. Vardy is a great penalty taker and flying. He would just smash it and 9/10 it would go in. We'd be 3 1 up before the break and close it out. Now it's in the lap of the gods. I can't tell you what a foolish stupid mistake it was. It was like Under 10s level. We gave the penalty to a very clever technical player he tried a trick and it backfired. It's like a £200m error.  Or whatever they value Premier League survival at.

Yep..

Words (for once) fail me.

..after that unbelievable decision we actually deserve to go down. 

Did Jamie Vardy, come back in a time machine from 2016! he was incredible yesterday, fast and super on it. Seen two good back to back performances from him. Deano so far seems to have slowly got Vardy back up to speed. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Did Jamie Vardy, come back in a time machine from 2016! he was incredible yesterday, fast and super on it. Seen two good back to back performances from him. Deano so far seems to have slowly got Vardy back up to speed. 

It helps that some of his team mates know he's on the pitch and see his runs and pass to him.

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I’m not his biggest fan but he was okay yesterday. I certainly don’t think Kristiensen has shown to be any better than him.

You can't say that. It doesn't fit the narrative that he's the worst player to ever play for us.

11 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

must be missing something with daka. I thought he gave it his all. 

A few clumsy moments but overall i was happy with his contribution 

He was certainly very committed and got involved in the game. I marked him down to 5 because of that attack when he had a terrible first touch on a through ball. There was only 1 defender near him and with a decent first touch he could've had a 1-on-1 with the keeper, but bungled it. A PL-quality striker should at least be controlling that and getting a shot on goal. With hindsight, it was maybe a bit harsh marking him down for that one incident, as I also remember him making an important defensive interception in our box that avoided Everton having a good chance....

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone got Luke Thomas stats from last night? I feel he was way better than a 4.8 rating.

I marked him at 7, which was probably a bit generous after seeing the video of their second goal. Watching live, I didn't realise how he'd allowed Iwobi to get a run on him for that goal. Smart of Iwobi to gamble on Faes not covering himself in glory and deflecting the ball where he did but Thomas should've covered his run. Otherwise, I think it's the usual story of FT scapegoating of individual players, as I thought he had a good game aside from that - several excellent through balls in the first half creating attacking opportunities and mostly coped fine with a lot of wing pressure, despite getting little support from Barnes.

With hindsight, I'd mark both Daka and Thomas at 6.

I'm curious how Barnes consistently gets away with offering so little back-up to his full-back. Do managers tell him he needn't bother - to preserve his energy for his scorching runs at opposing defences - or does he just get away with disobeying instructions to perform defensive duties? :dunno: I'd still want him in the side, notwithstanding his lack of defending, as he's such an attacking threat via goals & assists....a liability defensively, though..

4 hours ago, davieG said:

You have to direct some blame at the team management because when something is clearly not working as in kicking it out of play via Barnes why continue to do it.

As poor as Barnes was he must have had more passes fly over his head than to his feet.

Even if it was pinpointed direct to Barnesy’s head he would find a way of pretending to go for it but actually not getting anywhere near it. 

28 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

He was certainly very committed and got involved in the game. I marked him down to 5 because of that attack when he had a terrible first touch on a through ball. There was only 1 defender near him and with a decent first touch he could've had a 1-on-1 with the keeper, but bungled it. A PL-quality striker should at least be controlling that and getting a shot on goal. With hindsight, it was maybe a bit harsh marking him down for that one incident, as I also remember him making an important defensive interception in our box that avoided Everton having a good chance....

I marked him at 7, which was probably a bit generous after seeing the video of their second goal. Watching live, I didn't realise how he'd allowed Iwobi to get a run on him for that goal. Smart of Iwobi to gamble on Faes not covering himself in glory and deflecting the ball where he did but Thomas should've covered his run. Otherwise, I think it's the usual story of FT scapegoating of individual players, as I thought he had a good game aside from that - several excellent through balls in the first half creating attacking opportunities and mostly coped fine with a lot of wing pressure, despite getting little support from Barnes.

With hindsight, I'd mark both Daka and Thomas at 6.

I'm curious how Barnes consistently gets away with offering so little back-up to his full-back. Do managers tell him he needn't bother - to preserve his energy for his scorching runs at opposing defences - or does he just get away with disobeying instructions to perform defensive duties? :dunno: I'd still want him in the side, notwithstanding his lack of defending, as he's such an attacking threat via goals & assists....a liability defensively, though..

No way did Thomas or Daka deserve a 6 from that match. Thomas was bullied throughout, it was a matter of time before he was responsible for a goal and it duly came. Daka tries so hard but that’s not enough. Both rightly sub 5 for me sadly :dunno: