Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Daniel Amartey

55 minutes ago, majaco said:

Since Rodgers left, he's become our fifth choice centre back.   His versatility means he is also possibly our fourth choice right back.   

Are Milan aware that our sixth choice centre back would also be available on the cheap?

He should have been the 5th choice centre back all season.

Has @Col city fanseen this bizarre link?!?

Really hope he leaves in the summer for no other reason that it would be thoroughly depressing to see him outlast Vardy and Albrighton as our last surviving title winner. Already outlasted Schmeichel and Big Wes which is bad enough, but Vardy or Albrighton would be actually deserving of being the last man standing, Amartey would feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I know Milan are a bit short in the centre back spot – beyond Kjaer, Tomori and Thiaw, they only have players who can "also" play there. 

But bringing in Amartey would take being short to a different, Warwick Davis-level, short. 

He’s happy to be 5th choice though.  Bit like a 3rd choice goal keeper.  It’s a mentality where you train well, don’t rock the boat and don’t ask for a massive wedge.

I’m sure there are other options but he does a job 

Evans will retire. Or we won’t offer him another  contract. If we are dropping down to the champ, is replacing Amartey and the financial cost of that really a priority? Unless we are going to promote someone from the development squad, I don’t see the financial sense in replacing him..

• Like 1

Perversely, though he's been absolute doggo this season, he's one of the few players we have who might be able to cope with the physicality of the Championship. We may also find that his brain farts are less likely to result in goals conceded at that level.

That said, I'm A) not bothered if he leaves and B) clutching at straws a bit here lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MPH said:

Evans will retire. Or we won’t offer him another  contract. If we are dropping down to the champ, is replacing Amartey and the financial cost of that really a priority? Unless we are going to promote someone from the development squad, I don’t see the financial sense in replacing him..

8 more league games, so guessing we’ll use the U23s a bit more. 

On 17/05/2023 at 07:44, Finn Claw II said:

He’s happy to be 5th choice though.  Bit like a 3rd choice goal keeper.  It’s a mentality where you train well, don’t rock the boat and don’t ask for a massive wedge.

I’m sure there are other options but he does a job 

Yeah a really really bad job. Get him out 

11 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Get him out 

Agree. I’ve never known such an irritational obsession with such a dog shit player before. There are loads of centre backs out there younger and on less money. Although obsession is irrational in itself. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Agree. I’ve never known such an irritational obsession with such a dog shit player before. There are loads of centre backs out there younger and on less money. Although obsession is irrational in itself. 

Never known people be so obsessed with moaning about a player who should quite clearly be 4th or 5th choice.

On 11/05/2023 at 15:24, Sampson said:

Really hope he leaves in the summer for no other reason that it would be thoroughly depressing to see him outlast Vardy and Albrighton as our last surviving title winner. Already outlasted Schmeichel and Big Wes which is bad enough, but Vardy or Albrighton would be actually deserving of being the last man standing, Amartey would feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

He's not a real title winner though, not one of the immortals. That's the classic eleven plus Ulloa and Andy King. Honourable mentions perhaps for a couple of others (eg Gray, Dyer...), but Amartey? No more an immortal than Inler.

• Like 1