Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Daniel Amartey

On 31/05/2023 at 22:01, Trav Le Bleu said:

Dyer is so in that list. The goal he scored against Villa, virtually knocking himself out, to win the game in the final minutes when we had been 2-0 down. If we had lost that, I think a lot of belief would have gone out of the squad. Beaten by a poor team at home, yeah... it looked like we might, but hey, this was more like little Leicester. But no, up pop's Nathan Dyer.

Honestly, I think it's the most important goal in the history of LCFC. Not the most spectacular or memorable, but without it...

For that reason, Nathan Dyer is inked into the incredible team of 2015/16.

Away Southampton in October, came on at half time and changed the game and we came from 2-0 to 2-2. Played some good cameos that year.

• Like 1

I know he is a bit of a cult figure for a minority in here, and you couldn't ever fault his effort, but... he really isn't very good at all. Did so well to stay with us as long as he did, I suspect the big injury and also this idea he was a competent utility player, helped him on that front. Will miss his charming personality, but I never really saw what some on here did, and wouldn't want him in our championship squad even if he still had time left on his contract. Best of luck to him! 

I said it in the other thread. 

Playing for Celtic made Benkovic look like the next VVD. 

Amartey despite being a bomb scare will most likely be herald as some sort of god and put missing piece by the cult of Amartey. 

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

Amartey despite being a bomb scare will most likely be herald as some sort of god and put missing piece by the cult of Amartey. 

The irony!! 
Utterly irresistible 

😂

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

One of the weirdest signings ever. I thought he was going to be brilliant for us! Without looking, I imagine he is playing Sunday league now! Bizarre! 

Just now, STUHILL said:

One of the weirdest signings ever. I thought he was going to be brilliant for us! Without looking, I imagine he is playing Sunday league now! Bizarre! 

He went to Udinese but I believe they loan him out to Eintracht Braunschweig in Bundasliga 2 last season. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, davieG said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ex-leicester-city-figure-emerges-as-celtic-transfer-target/

Brendan Rodgers keen to sign 28-year-old for Celtic from Leicester City
BY
DECLAN HARTE
PUBLISHED 43 MINUTES AGO
Celtic are eyeing a former Leicester City figure ahead of Brendan Rodgers' arrival as manager

Leicester City's Daniel Amartey in action with Derby's Ikechi Anya
Celtic are eyeing a transfer move for Daniel Amartey, according to Teamtalk.

Brendan Rodgers is set to be re-appointed as the Scottish giants’ manager after his departure from Leicester City.

The Northern Irishman departed Park Head for a move to the Foxes in 2019 after enjoying great success in Scotland, but is now close to a return after his time in Leicester came to an end earlier this year.

Leicester’s relegation to the Championship has raised doubts over the future of a number of key players in the first team squad.

What does the future hold for Daniel Amartey after Leicester City exit?
Amartey’s future has already been decided, with the 28-year-old not on the club’s retained list for next season.

Rodgers is now eyeing the player as his first potential signing of his second stint in charge of Celtic.

The 50-year-old is considering a quick reunion with Amartey as he looks to bolster the team’s ranks.

Amartey is currently a free agent, meaning he would be a relatively low-cost signing as Celtic look to fight to retain their SPL title against Rangers next season.

Rodgers will also be hoping that he can enjoy greater success in Europe compared to his first spell with the club with Celtic having qualified for the Champions League.

How did Daniel Amartey fare last season?
The Ghana international featured 20 times in the Premier League last season, with 18 of those appearances coming as starts.

Amartey has been with Leicester since their league winning campaign of 2015-16, joining from Danish side Copenhagen FC in January 2016.

While he has never been a central figure to the side, he has proven a useful squad player over the years.

His versatility has been a key asset as the player can play in midfield as well as defence, which could be quite useful for Celtic.

But the Scottish side also faces competition from clubs in both Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Collage Maker-05-Jun-2023-12-46-PM-3015
Would Daniel Amartey be a good signing for Celtic?
The experienced player could be a smart signing for Celtic considering he is a free agent.

The relatively low cost of completing this deal is alluring, but he will also know Rodgers quite well from their time at Leicester which is another advantage to this move for the club.

Amartey’s versatility will be a big asset, and he will add some much-needed depth to the squad.

This would also be a great next step for Amartey at this stage of his career.

He'd be a pretty useful signing for Celtic.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Ability wasn't the issue for Benkovic though