Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

There were no new injury concerns when Smith held his press conference on Friday afternoon, but by Monday evening Soyuncu, KDH and Ward were all injured. It takes a pretty special club to injure three players over a weekend before a Monday game.

Makes you think there is more to it. Particularly Soyuncu, got to the point where he doesn't want to risk anything? 

I guess I'd understand Smith might be secretive regarding absentees though.,

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There were no new injury concerns when Smith held his press conference on Friday afternoon, but by Monday evening Soyuncu, KDH and Ward were all injured. It takes a pretty special club to injure three players over a weekend before a Monday game.

Didn't someone say in a different thread for another club players they'd have rows/disagreements and the front facing management would fob them off as injuries?

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if that would've happened numerous times this season. 

Would rather someone that requires the board to actually do some homework and think outside of the box, but Scott Parker isn't as bad as some people on here are making out, only reservation about him would be what happens if he does get us promoted

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

I don't think we're going to approach someone who's used to Premier League money. Have to assume relegation is a financial disaster for us.

We need a whole clean out, the manager is not even the most appointment this summer. We need a new recruitment team, board and critically sports science/medical team. That doesn't come cheap. I'd be horrified if we threw big money at a coach like Benitez, Parker or Vieira without fixing anything else.

I'd rather take a younger lower league manager. I would also always offer Pearson an interview and see what he has to say - but think some of you need to realise that he's not the same man he was when he managed us before.

Fundamentally, we're going to need to fill the club with talented, hungry people who want to be here and we're likely going to be doing it on a budget.

We need a complete revamp top to bottom. Sack Rudkin and go all out for a new director. Sounds stupid but Michael Edwards / Paul Mitchell and bring in a young fresh manager who will work well with dof. 

I'm warming to the idea of Mark Robins as well. I think this is our level now unfortunately and he's someone who can get us out. Might p*** a few Cov fans along the way.

It's entirely reliant on them not winning the Playoffs though

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

Appointing a progressive manager who sees us as a step up and is therefore more motivated will be the key.

Michael Duff from Barnsley would be someone who fits that mould for me. Plays good football, is honest and easy to warm to, and is used to working on a budget relative to the teams he has managed in Cheltenham and Barnsley.

We have to be realistic and acknowledge that no realistic names are going to be overly inspiring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, erlee said:

sh0uld hv hired Pochettino when he was still available

Oh like he was going to come to the championship lol  and why would we want an has been like Pearson in charge. Surely there are managers out there who we can get who will come in and do a good job and get us promoted 

36 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Isn't half the boro squad on loan? he has a pretty big rebuild in they don't go up anyway. Still probably wait for a better offer though. 

Pass but regardless I’m sure he would prefer them to us.