Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, Chico1958 said:

Curve Ball on the way ...................................... Emma Hayes :ph34r:

Not sure if she's been offered a Champ role yet but she's turned down several League 1/2 offers

20 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Carrick, Edwards, Tomasson, Knutsen are all great shouts.

Will Still potentially as well. He might think he deserves a shot at the Prem he moves over here but, even though he's been fantastic in France, doing well abroad may still mean he has to start in the Championship here, as Graham Potter found out.

As an outside bet, I wouldn't rule out Steve Cooper either. Although he's probably going to keep Forest up, I really wouldn't rule them out changing the manager if they think someone better is attainable.

Did you know Reims pay 22k every game he is in charge due to him not having a pro license :ph34r:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. no, we just have to promote from within!!!

Bring Huth through as the DoF, he will be. more suited than the present incumbent. He has a wealth of experience in the game, and a degree in management.  At least he would not be so blinkered, in a position that requires an open mind. 

Not a bad shout.  Especially with a proper DoF.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Did you miss the bit where he got given a big job in Belgium, stank the place up and got sacked again?

lol it's strange he got the job in the first place tbh, but ffs if we're looking for the perfect manager then we may aswell liquidate. 

26 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

For the love of **** please stop saying Pearson 

Yes it’s getting tiring like the newts and dinosaur comments that always crop up.

For the record besides us Pearsons win percentage at Hull,Derby,OHL, Watford and Bristol City isn’t fantastic.

He had 2 brilliant spells here but that doesn’t mean a third go would net the same results, leave history where it belongs, in the past.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Did you miss the bit where he got given a big job in Belgium, stank the place up and got sacked again?

Wow he struggled abroad, does that mean we just ignore his very good credentials at the level we're about to be at. Also I imagine most would like someone a bit more exciting, but it's our board so that's not going to happen. Out of the names you know our lot will look at Parker is probably the best

Edited by Tommy Fresh

16 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Some chatter in media about Jon dahl Tomassona as a potential. So cross him out. 

...we came up against his team in the cup and they were very good technically!!!

Taking the ball under pressure and playing through a press was very much something that we tried to do but was poor in our execution.

I’d go as low as Michael Duff or Luke Williams from Notts County. You have to go with someone whose faced adversity at some point in their career, wants to be ambitious and will happily engage the fans alongside. 

Ultimately thought it will be whatever agent speaks loudest on the phone in terms of who gets presented in front of Top. It’s no surprise to see that Russell Martin has also been linked with the Saints, been touted around 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Based on him mouthing off to the board saying the squad was nowhere near good enough to stay up, getting sacked and then an assistant keeping them in the PL with the same squad. 

Not necessarily true. Bournemouth fan I work with says they were defo down before decent January signings 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

There were no new injury concerns when Smith held his press conference on Friday afternoon, but by Monday evening Soyuncu, KDH and Ward were all injured. It takes a pretty special club to injure three players over a weekend before a Monday game.

Or it was more a case of Smith being clever not giving out clues for his starting eleven. 

KDH been carrying that injury for months. 

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

There were no new injury concerns when Smith held his press conference on Friday afternoon, but by Monday evening Soyuncu, KDH and Ward were all injured. It takes a pretty special club to injure three players over a weekend before a Monday game.

To be fair it's a shame Ward wasn't injured all season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Or it was more a case of Smith being clever not giving out clues for his starting eleven. 

Maybe, but if so it’s a shame Smith’s cleverness didn’t extend to picking a team that had any chance of competing last night.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Rob Edwards - Luton

Michael Carrick - Middlesbrough

Mark Robins - Cov

Though I expect it will be Scott Parker or Russell Martin

Between the 2 I would probably prefer Parker as at least he has recent experience with Fulham and Bournemouth of getting promoted

One of those will likely be in the Premier league next year anyway and why would Michael Carrick want to leave Boro even if they don’t go up? Similar sized club in terms of support, a better team than we currently have and probably similar amounts of money available now due to the state we are in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

If KDH has been carrying the injury for months why choose now, just before the most important game of the season against Liverpool to decide he couldn’t play with it?

Just now, funkyrobot said:

One of those will likely be in the Premier league next year anyway and why would Michael Carrick want to leave Boro even if they don’t go up? Similar sized club in terms of support, a better team than we currently have and probably similar amounts of money available now due to the state we are in.  

Sunderland to go up so all of them in the Championship next season :thumbup:

I expect we would still be able to pay him a lot more than he is likely on at Middlesbrough

I think we are likely to have more available for transfers than Middlesbrough as well, they don’t really spend much, and quite a few of their best players will be gone as they are on loan

With early reports stating Russell Martin, someone at the club must be obsessed with possession based managers. If that is the route we’re going to go down again, then it’s going to be a toss up between Martin, McKenna or Parker.

As for the likes of Carrick, Edwards & Robins, I just don’t see them jumping ship.

If the board can actually broaden their horizons for once and look abroad, then Kjetil Knutsen(Bodo/Glimt) and Karel Geraerts(Union SG) are two I’d consider.