Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

It should be a job that interests a lot of managers. Despite the potential squad overhaul.

Wonder if we'll go back in for Marsch? 

Hassenhutl could potentially be ok, I do think we need someone with a bit of energy who can maybe connect with the fans. 

As always I'd be surprised if we went for a manager in work, unless its from a low level. 

There is plenty of out of work managers who I can see our board looking at as they fit what they usually look for. Parker, Gerrard etc

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Lool at how we looked against a Blackburn team putting out a weak squad. That team didn't even make the play offs. If we continue our form we will be mid or lower mid table championship easily.

Tbf that’s a one off cup game. You can’t compare teams in just a one off game. Hence there are great examples of Cup upsets.

• Like 1

Whoever it is they need to know what they are getting into and be able to manage on a shoestring. I hope some of those in the background who have their feet under the table go. When Pearson was here he built a team of hungry players who had pace and he looked for leaders not one but 7 or 8. That is what we are going to need. Recruitment and rehabilitation need looking at. Something has gone very wrong with both. In 15/16 we had the same team out every week. Injuries have crippled us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

It should be a job that interests a lot of managers. Despite the potential squad overhaul.

Hassenhutl could potentially be ok, I do think we need someone with a bit of energy who can maybe connect with the fans. 

As always I'd be surprised if we went for a manager in work, unless its from a low level. 

There is plenty of out of work managers who I can see our board looking at as they fit what they usually look for. Parker, Gerrard etc

I’m a man on the edge here, talk me down.

1 minute ago, Wrighty22 said:

Whoever comes in we need to make sure we have a total clear out of all the backroom staff. A proper rebuild.

I’d rather there be a full investigation into why things have gone the way they have before we go sacking everyone. We’ve some top, top professionals in the sports science and medicine side of things, I don’t believe they are as bad at their job as the talk would suggest. I know up until 2016 at least, the club operated a policy where any staff member could voice their opinion and it would hold equal weight irrespective of their position. This made everyone accountable, manager, coaches, sports science, S&C, analysts, physios etc, we saw how effective that was and how it worked for a good period of time. I have my suspicions that a former manager probably wanted a bit more control than that, hence certain key figures leaving and our club becoming an unrecognisable shambles.

• Like 1

Has to be Pearson, someone who has a proven track record of putting in strong support structures, clearing out deadwood and building young hungry teams. 

The parallels with both his previous reigns are uncanny, one following a relegation and the 2nd time when we had assembled a floundering and overpaid squad and needed to go back to basics. 

we have a world class training facility and Pearson is renowned for building good sports science and medical teams, he would absolutely maximise the marginal gains of such a fantastic facility. He is also a very good operator in the transfer market, his philosophy and player profiles align with the clubs and most importantly he knows the championship inside out. 

The club needs a complete rebuild and foundations put into place that enables us to go back to what made us successful, clever recruitment, good coaching and top class sports science, conditioning and fitness. 

Our club has lost its identity and he is the man that will not only bring success on the pitch but also put in the foundations off the pitch that will enable us to push on again, but it’s going to  a long hard slog…… 10 years work thrown up in the air and flushed down the bog by what can only be described as chronic mis-management across all levels of the club over the last 2 seasons or so. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would like to see Pearson back in a Director of Football role, we need someone who can reset the culture at the club, he needs full control over all football operations.

As for the coach/manager I haven't got a clue who would come to Leicester.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Gyokeres and Hamer have propelled them to those heights, as did Grealish for Dean Smith when they won the play-offs at Villa, doesn't mean he should stay and take on the most important rebuild in our history.

The most important thing for me is to cut down on the coaching staff, too many voices on the bench offering absolutely nothing from Stowell and Sadlers time in charge.

.  I  do not know why Smith is listening to Sadler, it is as if he has a direct line to Rodgers!!!

What we are seeing at the moment is the muddled thinking of Rodgers and leaving out obvious players that could do a better job.

In the end little blame can be apportioned to Smith, the situation was already bigger than an 8 game spell, but he is not the person we should be looking at,  further down the line. 

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Has to be Pearson, someone who has a proven track record of putting in strong support structures, clearing out deadwood and building young hungry teams. 

The parallels with both his previous reigns are uncanny, one following a relegation and the 2nd time when we had assembled a floundering and overpaid squad and needed to go back to basics. 

we have a world class training facility and Pearson is renowned for building good sports science and medical teams, he would absolutely maximise the marginal gains of such a fantastic facility. He is also a very good operator in the transfer market, his philosophy and player profiles align with the clubs and most importantly he knows the championship inside out. 

The club needs a complete rebuild and foundations put into place that enables us to go back to what made us successful, clever recruitment, good coaching and top class sports science, conditioning and fitness. 

Our club has lost its identity and he is the man that will not only bring success on the pitch but also put in the foundations off the pitch that will enable us to push on again, but it’s going to  a long hard slog…… 10 years work thrown up in the air and flushed down the bog by what can only be described as chronic mis-management across all levels of the club over the last 2 seasons or so. 

Couldn't agree more. In the history of football certain clubs and individuals just work. Pearson has been here on 2 separate occasions already and done a rebuild. I wouldn't be at all against a 3rd coming. Seems all set up, although it may be hard to prize him from bristol city. Have had a look on their forums and they think the squad has been rebuilt on a shoestring with hungry players now ready for a promotion push. Players with no ego and strong leadership is which is exactly what we need. Just imagine what nige can do with seagrave for example. Gerrimin. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

.. a pretty depressing list that you have espoused!!!

This thread, alongside the "which players should we sign for the Championship" one, is a desperately depressing read. 

The lack of quality in the suggestions is only made worse by the fact that they are realistic ones. 

We were never mighty, but we are certainly falling. And falling hard. The shock to the system will be severe next season and I do fear that we will go all the way down to League One if we're not careful.

He's been pretty bad since we signed him, but Souttar is probably the only one prepared to deal with the type of football and cadence of games (46 per season + cup games) that's heading our way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Carrack if he don’t get boro up 

how would you sell that move to him? 

Would he want to leave somewhere he has started to build relationships with to manage a team about to be under severe financial strain? I wouldn’t.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Lool at how we looked against a Blackburn team putting out a weak squad. That team didn't even make the play offs. If we continue our form we will be mid or lower mid table championship easily.

Look at how we played against Spurs and Villa though. We'll be fighting for the Europa again next season by that logic 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

For me either Mark Robins if he doesn’t get Coventry promoted surely.

Rafa would be good but I doubt he would come, seeing as we didn’t even offer him the contract.

My worry is we appoint someone like Russel Martin or Scott Parker, and we will just flounder in the bottom Half of the championship.

Hasn't Scott Parker got promoted twice out of this division in a short managerial career? What's wrong with that?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

how would you sell that move to him? 

Would he want to leave somewhere he has started to build relationships with to manage a team about to be under severe financial strain? I wouldn’t.

Isn't half the boro squad on loan? he has a pretty big rebuild in they don't go up anyway. Still probably wait for a better offer though. 

I'm convinced Rob Edwards is an absolute superstar in the making. I think given he was burned by Watford though he might be after a bit of stability and Luton love him, so even if they don't go up he'll likely stick around.

Also doubt we have the vision to appoint someone like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Hasn't Scott Parker got promoted twice out of this division in a short managerial career? What's wrong with that?

True he has , I guess could see him being approached by the board.

Viera would he be interested? Probably is waiting for a lower end premier league gig.