Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

We don't need the same old failures. Manager's that have come off the back off of a sacking. Vieria, Hassenhutl, Marsch etc are getting mentioned because they've recently been Premier League managers, but it's not what we need. We need someone on the way up and that isn't tarnished by a recent failure. Someone who feels fresh, new and who would jump at the chance to manage us.

That probably means looking abroad, but we all know that won't happen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think I need a slap but there is part of me that has a feeling Marsch would do well here lol This club has ruined me this season, can't think straight any more..

Well, would Marsch have done as poorly as Smith, with his one dimensional hoofball?

Carrick, Edwards, Tomasson, Knutsen are all great shouts.

Will Still potentially as well. He might think he deserves a shot at the Prem he moves over here but, even though he's been fantastic in France, doing well abroad may still mean he has to start in the Championship here, as Graham Potter found out.

As an outside bet, I wouldn't rule out Steve Cooper either. Although he's probably going to keep Forest up, I really wouldn't rule them out changing the manager if they think someone better is attainable.

Scott Parker. 

Got Fulham and B’mouth promoted. Has never done it at PL level but I think he could. But if he doesn’t then so be it. We just need to get back up for now. 

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Scott Parker. 

Got Fulham and B’mouth promoted. Has never done it at PL level but I think he could. But if he doesn’t then so be it. We just need to get back up for now. 

The lad at Bournemouth has made him look a bit shit really. 

34 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

We need a complete revamp top to bottom. Sack Rudkin and go all out for a new director. Sounds stupid but Michael Edwards / Paul Mitchell and bring in a young fresh manager who will work well with dof. 

.. no, we just have to promote from within!!!

Bring Huth through as the DoF, he will be. more suited than the present incumbent. He has a wealth of experience in the game, and a degree in management.  At least he would not be so blinkered, in a position that requires an open mind. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Just now, Stinky said:

Based on what? 

Based on him mouthing off to the board saying the squad was nowhere near good enough to stay up, getting sacked and then an assistant keeping them in the PL with the same squad. 

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

Is anybody worried that if we mess this appointment up we could see ourselves stuck in the mud of the championship for a multiple years just like last time.

Been saying to mates for weeks now, it's quite literally the biggest decision for the club in many years.  Get this wrong and we could drift away into obscurity.

Its huge!!

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Based on him mouthing off to the board saying the squad was nowhere near good enough to stay up, getting sacked and then an assistant keeping them in the PL with the same squad. 

You missed all the transfer activity in January then lol He's done a good job obviously but just because Parker said they would have gone down without investment doesn't mean he'd have done a worse job had he stayed more than like 3 games. 

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Considerably politer than my intended reply of 'are you ****ing blind mate' lol 

Just now, Stinky said:

You missed all the transfer activity in January then lol He's done a good job obviously but just because Parker said they would have gone down without investment doesn't mean he'd have done a worse job had he stayed more than like 3 games. 

Did you miss the bit where he got given a big job in Belgium, stank the place up and got sacked again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not exactly the same squad. They added Netto, Senesi, Outtara, Semenyo post-Parker. Kind of proved his point really.