Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

4 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

I think the only man who we can trust would be Big Nige ! Could think of worst options   hes rebuilt us once and he can do it again ! 

He'd be pretty useless without the other two comrades, it ain't going to happen. 

It will be some been round the block has been no doubt.

Carrick, Robins or Rowatt would be about right perhaps but would they want it. Personally though I think they want a nasty bastard and a reality check down at the plush training ground. Half of them aren't even fit enough and the sooner Tielemans and Maddison piss off the better!

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Not sure if she's been offered a Champ role yet but she's turned down several League 1/2 offers

Has she? 

Recommendations and rumours are not offers!

35 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

If KDH has been carrying the injury for months why choose now, just before the most important game of the season against Liverpool to decide he couldn’t play with it?

Because it’s blown up to the point that for him the pain is too much 

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

With early reports stating Russell Martin, someone at the club must be obsessed with possession based managers. 

We are thinking too far ahead on that. Bottom line is Martin has a year left on his contract at Swansea and being touted around by his agent

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He'd be pretty useless without the other two comrades, it ain't going to happen. 

It will be some been round the block has been no doubt.

Carrick, Robins or Rowatt would be about right perhaps but would they want it. Personally though I think they want a nasty bastard and a reality check down at the plush training ground. Half of them aren't even fit enough and the sooner Tielemans and Maddison piss off the better!

Shaky & Walsh might come if he gives them the nod, pretty much the dream team to do a rebuild, id be happy with that, others wouldn't be ....If we somehow stay up id say no , but for the purpose of relegation these 3 amigos know the club inside out how it operates . Unless we go for a big name for the brand , these 3 would be my number one choice, a safe bet if you like ! Nige wouldn't take any any big time Charlies !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

Shaky & Walsh might come if he gives them the nod, pretty much the dream team to do a rebuild, id be happy with that, others wouldn't be ....If we somehow stay up id say no , but for the purpose of relegation these 3 amigos know the club inside out how it operates . Unless we go for a big name for the brand , these 3 would be my number one choice, a safe bet if you like ! Nige wouldn't take any any big time Charlies !

Hasn't Walsh retired up north now though? Don't know how old he is. 

It would be really refreshing if the powers that be decided to think outside the box with a progressive appointment, perhaps somebody from abroad, rather than picking through the dross and also ran managers who's sole body of work has been in this country, without excelling whatsoever. 

• Like 1

I see Bielsa has just taken the Uruguay job (not that I wanted him here).

Whoever we get I want to see a swift an early decision well before the transfer window opens.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

have you watched how his tactical genius (mr shakespeare) has coped thus far ????

nigel was never a tactics man - the game has moved on im afraid. 

Your right about tactics.....but what's more important for Leicester in the championship is a complete rebuild first 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

have you watched how his tactical genius (mr shakespeare) has coped thus far ????

nigel was never a tactics man - the game has moved on im afraid. 

How has the game moved on lmao Would love to hear your answer.

That's the sort of mentality that'll see us get another Brendan Rodgers.

Edited by AKCJ

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Your right about tactics.....but what's more important for Leicester in the championship is a complete rebuild first 

financially we need to bounce straight back - none of us know who will be here come the beginning august  - it might not be the rebuild some think depending on how many of the squad are left.   the big rebuild could be end next season if we dont come back

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I've just been chortling in my own head at the thought of Tielemans trying to play Bielsa's murder-ball tactics.

With any luck Tielemans has played his last game for us so I wouldn't worry.

Just now, AKCJ said:

How has the game moved on lmao Would you to hear your answer.

That's the sort of mentality that'll see us get another Brendan Rodgers.

do you watch any championship football ?   the game is different - 'moved on' doesn't mean its better/worse - its different.  the legacy of coaches like pep means its not just about man management and getting players to run through walls for you.  ten years ago the average championship game saw keepers kicking long and everything being about second balls and playing in behind the opposition defence.  whilst some clubs are still playing like that, the majority aren't and those who are successful tend to be the ones who are more technical and tactical. 

4 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Michael Duff, lacks experience of managing in the league, but has been here as a player and as a coach while at Burnley. Demands standards within his team on and off the field, has already overseen a decent rebuild of Barnsley in a toxic environment, has worked developing younger players and from a staff point of view he lets them voice their opinions and have a say, like Leicester used during the time of Pearson and Ranieri, rather than run a managerial dictatorship. Has worked on a shoestring budget as well in previous roles.

Purely for his god like status on CM01/02 I am fully, fully behind this. 

• Like 1