Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If they have a shot at the top 2 come the last game, I still think they'll flop. Brussell has that about him, you can smell it a mile off.

Would be great to watch that game, providing we are already up, of course ! 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

My post was more a general point about their performance last night in that they handled it exactly how I've wanted us to many games this season. We've won loads of games, but we have made a lot of games tighter than they needed to be and I think it's entirely self-inflicted limitation.

Bit of a red flag to me how many they're scoring compared to us as well.

Ironically the only game we scored 3 in the first half this season was at Southampton. I think this side was capable of doing that more often.

They look a lot better in the final third than we do, always seem to have options or a an extra man running into the box not just wingers cutting inside and trying a shot

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The end of Foxeshub :dunno:

Overseas fans will surely still be offered access. Sky aren't showing every game for a start, they show only 5 games a weekend in the Championship.

On 17/04/2024 at 06:21, iancognito said:

It's not one of the best, I totally refute that idea. We've seen some total dross down here this season struggle to put two passes together. Preston played last night like they did at the KP, amazing to think they were 3rd for ages. If it wasn't for 3 relatively big ex-Prem sides in the league it'd be 20-odd tramps fighting over a bag of chips.

On 17/04/2024 at 08:22, RumbleFox said:

I think in the post you were replying to the writer used the term “best” to mean “most exciting/competitive” not necessary “best quality/ability”. It’s hard to argue with them in that regard. 

yeah pretty much, most exciting/competitive league more of what I meant

cant really say that about the premier league tbh

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Anyone watch the Southampton game yesterday.....have they ditched the possession based football they were playing at the start of the season?

Every so often Russell gives in and then they start winning games, their bad runs is when he goes back to ideology.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I realise no one's going to have much good to say about us recently but there's a really strange theme on Foxestalk of people bigging up every other club to the point of lunacy and belittling Leicester at every chance they get.

Southampton have underperformed massively at times this season. Before we played them (and beat them 4-1) they were being talked up on here like they were prime Brazil. 

Should I predict the best because of my emotions then, I support the club I will become irrational and we win every game from now to the end of the season, sounds good?

I do think people are a bit carried away about Southampton at the moment.

They have been on a similar points return to the rest of us but have just won their last couple of games. Bare in mind even we beat Preston 3-0 at home and they scraped past Watford 3-2 at home, a fixture we won comfortably.

They are being feared as they have two 6 pointers against us and Leeds. If they win out the rest including those, they will get promoted and absolutely fair play to them if they do as they will deserve it.

They have not done too well against us, Leeds and Ipswich with 1 win and 3 defeats in those 4 head to heads so far so let’s see if they have improved to the point they will turn up in these two games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Every so often Russell gives in and then they start winning games, their bad runs is when he goes back to ideology.

Lets not make things up. They played pure possession ball on monday. Preston were wank.

18 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Should I predict the best because of my emotions then, I support the club I will become irrational and we win every game from now to the end of the season, sounds good?

It might brighten the place up a bit 

18 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Saint are now chasing us, Leeds & Ipswich, who are all faltering to varying degrees.

They have little to lose, probably feeling little pressure......so far.

If they reach a position of 'It's ours to throw away now', hopefully they feel have their squeaky bum time. 

We all see it differently, I'm certain. That's just my take on it.

I think most people feel we have already lost the advantage we had but you are right we are still on pole. I always thought that something like this may happen. Let’s see how we get on Saturday. If we win the next two we will be in a very good position. But I think we should always go into every game giving it our all and with desire to win. 

Although we have tough games on paper i think that will bode well for us. WBA, Soton will want to win and not sit back which could play into our hands.

Our problem seems to be playing teams who park the bus and hit us on the counter. 

Blackburn/Preston could well be on the beach when we play them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

I realise no one's going to have much good to say about us recently but there's a really strange theme on Foxestalk of people bigging up every other club to the point of lunacy and belittling Leicester at every chance they get.

Southampton have underperformed massively at times this season. Before we played them (and beat them 4-1) they were being talked up on here like they were prime Brazil. 

Yep it's true a week or so ago "Ipswich and Leeds will win every game" it's now "Southampton will win every game"

They probably say the same about us on their forum lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Yep it's true a week or so ago "Ipswich and Leeds will win every game" it's now "Southampton will win every game"

My favourite phrase is ' I can't see Ipswich/Leeds/Southampton' slipping up from here '.  Was written about Leeds just before they lost 2 on the bounce and ended up with a worse 5 game record than us.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Other forums seem to have more pride in their team and a bit more optimism. Perish the thought.

• Like 2

Just now, Gamble92 said:

Other forums seem to have more pride in their team and a bit more optimism. Perish the thought.

hahaha! Mate, if i need cheering up there is nothing like going to the Forest or Everton forums. Those places are nuts compared to here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

If leicester secure the title on the last day, reckon theyll be pitch invasion against Blackburn?

No chance, club will just ban loads of people and our fans haven't got it in them to pitch invade surely?

We'll be holding up signs asking for shirts and proclaiming that Top is the best FC owner ever and Rudkin is actually doing a decent job.

20 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

hahaha! Mate, if i need cheering up there is nothing like going to the Forest or Everton forums. Those places are nuts compared to here. 

I have noticed how other forums look like prototypes from the 90s. Foxestalk does well in that regard.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If leicester secure the title on the last day, reckon theyll be pitch invasion against Blackburn?

People will be leaving at 80 minutes to get home!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikey_b said:

Although we have tough games on paper i think that will bode well for us. WBA, Soton will want to win and not sit back which could play into our hands.

Our problem seems to be playing teams who park the bus and hit us on the counter. 

Blackburn/Preston could well be on the beach when we play them

It can work both ways though can't it.

If there is no pressure or expectation on them and our lot are going in needing a win you could see it having an adverse impacts.

We all love to speculate about these things but I don't think any of it is simple. Some players may thrive in the situation above, but not all will.