Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I certainly believe, because I’ve seen it. Both Ipswich games against us the officials were disgraceful. 

Countless times this season it’s been extremely noticeable that the officials have been lenient with whoever we’ve played. 

Moon landing? It happened.

The earth is an Ellipsoid.

5G? Weird that they’ve chopped down and cut so many trees for it TBH 😂

Elvis definitely isn't dead though.

• Haha 1

On 13/04/2024 at 00:26, Stinkenzo said:

If by some miracle we achieve it, this will probably the most miserable, flat promotion in English football history 

It's the first time ever where I hope it happens at a game that doesn't involve us.

It's really, really wasted on us in this situation. I don't even think I'd bother sticking around for any post match.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's like people saying the EFL wants to get us, so we won't get decisions. 

The officials aren't controlled by the PL or the EFL - the PGMOL is a separate legal entity. 

So whilst, yes obviously the PL / EFL have some influence - if the EFL wanted to dictate us not getting decisions, how would that work in practice...? 

Allied to which if we keep going 2-0 up none of these conspiracies theories would matter, we currently can't score and can't defend, sort that and we'd be promoted.  Yes Leeds was an issue, but I was there and only found out about the blind lino and the ref missing the ball hit the Leeds defender on the M1 going South, but those points would mean we probably be up now.  That was a howler but shows its not easy as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Allied to which if we keep going 2-0 up none of these conspiracies theories would matter, we currently can't score and can't defend, sort that and we'd be promoted.  Yes Leeds was an issue, but I was there and only found out about the blind lino and the ref missing the ball hit the Leeds defender on the M1 going South, but those points would mean we probably be up now.  That was a howler but shows its not easy as well.

Daka's shooting is appalling.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's the first time ever where I hope it happens at a game that doesn't involve us.

It's really, really wasted on us in this situation. I don't even think I'd bother sticking around for any post match.

Can’t wait for the social media posts about the stadium only being half full for a  trophy lift 

Part of me thinks that I would rather get promoted by beating Blackburn on the final day (or Preston the game before to ease nerves) than win the title in March and have 8/9 dead rubber games.

From a spectacle, this is much more exciting and means the atmosphere should be a lot more electric.

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Part of me thinks that I would rather get promoted by beating Blackburn on the final day (or Preston the game before to ease nerves) than win the title in March and have 8/9 dead rubber games.

From a spectacle, this is much more exciting and means the atmosphere should be a lot more electric.

I don't buy it, sorry. Being promoted with 6 games to go would have great. Going to every game with no stress and enjoying it in party mode. I'd have turned uo to all of the remaining games absolutely slaughtered. 

8 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't buy it, sorry. Being promoted with 6 games to go would have great. Going to every game with no stress and enjoying it in party mode. I'd have turned uo to all of the remaining games absolutely slaughtered. 

'Yeah, we won the league, but look how sh*t it was' 😄 

14 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Why on earth would you choose to relive the last few weeks again? Do you enjoy pain? 

For some reason, I'm positive, blind optimism for sure. I think we might just step up, they know how they have let the fans down over the last 8 weeks. 

Might be the longing for the old days, but I think Vardy will have a big say over the next 3 weeks.

Edited by teblin

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Why on earth would you choose to relive the last few weeks again? Do you enjoy pain? 

The last few weeks was us losing the buffer. Now it's a level playing field with a small advantage to us. This Saturday is a huge game and with 4 days away, excitement is building.

If we had already won the league I probably wouldn't bother going this weekend or at a minimum have no excitement for it.

can’t help but feel southampton go up from here. 

They should have been burried but we all held the door open for them. Can’t see them slipping now. 

hopefully that is alongside us though