Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

If leicester secure the title on the last day, reckon theyll be pitch invasion against Blackburn?

The club is so so paranoid about pitch invasions, I wouldn't be surprised if given the choice between staying down and financial oblivion and going up with a pitch invasion, they'd go for staying down instead lol

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yes, it's seriously good news for Southampton. He's been comfortably the worst goalkeeper in the Championship, statistically speaking.

Dust off them gloves Kelvin Davis!

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

If leicester secure the title on the last day, reckon theyll be pitch invasion against Blackburn?

No chance at our place although to be honest this time around, no issue for me.

5 hours ago, mikey_b said:

Although we have tough games on paper i think that will bode well for us. WBA, Soton will want to win and not sit back which could play into our hands.

Our problem seems to be playing teams who park the bus and hit us on the counter. 

Blackburn/Preston could well be on the beach when we play them

West Brom are extremely good defensively, although they've become a little lax in that regard in recent weeks.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

West Brom are extremely good defensively, although they've become a little lax in that regard in recent weeks.

Mikey Johnston has been one of their best since joining on loan. 

Get some money on him scoring a worldie from outside the box on Saturday... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I went on for doncaster in 2014, as promotion was long time coming. Plus we were fantastic that season. 

Fastest I'd seen Gary Taylor-Fletcher run was off the pitch when we all invaded. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yes, it's seriously good news for Southampton. He's been comfortably the worst goalkeeper in the Championship, statistically speaking.

I would agree with that.

He always looks very mechanical in his movement in goal to me.

19 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The replacement is Alex McCarthy though so it's very much like for like lol 

• Like 1

Sounds like Leeds have messed up the tickets for the final game against Southampton quite badly

Made it a free for all to all members (no priority based on points) with memberships still on sale, had queues online of 27,000 people + and quite a lot are showing up on ticket reselling websites

• Haha 4

Just now, Lutterworth Fox said:

Just realised that unless Bristol City beat Norwich at Carrow Road tomorrow, Middlesbrough can't make the playoffs when they play Leeds on Monday and will probably be on the beach ⛱️.........bad news for us.

We just need to do our job.

On 18/04/2024 at 15:31, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And yet he's Brusell's wet dream because he can pass 2 yards to his centre back. Enzo will probably ask us to bid £25m for him when Mads leaves