Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just heard on SSN that Southampton play 3 times before Ipswich do again. Southampton come about from nowhere and could be above Ipswich by the time they play again. Hopefully we can put a stop to that next Tuesday... 

it is now so important that we ensure we don’t lose that game. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 15/04/2024 at 05:10, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

each

crikey this race is tighter than a frogs arse!

if the last few weeks have been full of anxiety just imagine this coming weekend and next week. I don’t think the ol ticker can handle this. 🫣

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

if the last few weeks have been full of anxiety just imagine this coming weekend and next week. I don’t think the ol ticker can handle this. 🫣

And you know this personally via experience? 

Lol

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If we beat WBA and Saints Leeds don’t win against Boro - we are up right ? 

Bloody hell. 

basically yeah, league is completely nuts

leeds are away at Boro on Monday night, rather we did it tbh, wanna relax last couple of games

Edited by FrankieADZ

Southamptons style plays into our hands, ironically I fancy our chances more than I did against Plymouth on Friday 

they need to win, and it’ll give us so much space to play into, need to be on the nose defensively but this should be a high scoring game 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Southamptons style plays into our hands, ironically I fancy our chances more than I did against Plymouth on Friday 

they need to win, and it’ll give us so much space to play into, need to be on the nose defensively but this should be a high scoring game 

I think we need Coady for this. I’m not looking forward to watching Faes in an open game, especially in his recent form.

He’s bad enough when we have 70% possession ! 

Edited by STEVIE B

38 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

on the flip side if they get a goal we are notoriously bad at breaking teams down 

Bashed him enough on here this season and this is no clamour for us to have appointed him, but Martin and Southampton producing that first half - even when we were doing well how many times did we have the game completely sewn up that early? Complete assertion of dominance and exactly what we should've been doing more often. They've probably left it that bit too late, but you can't discount them from 2nd, possibly even 1st at this rate.

8 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

its why its probably one of the best leagues in the world, all to play for at the top and bottom,

rather us just settle it early mind

It's not one of the best, I totally refute that idea. We've seen some total dross down here this season struggle to put two passes together. Preston played last night like they did at the KP, amazing to think they were 3rd for ages. If it wasn't for 3 relatively big ex-Prem sides in the league it'd be 20-odd tramps fighting over a bag of chips.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bashed him enough on here this season and this is no clamour for us to have appointed him, but Martin and Southampton producing that first half - even when we were doing well how many times did we have the game completely sewn up that early? Complete assertion of dominance and exactly what we should've been doing more often. They've probably left it that bit too late, but you can't discount them from 2nd, possibly even 1st at this rate.

They've done what everyone else has done this season, had a decent unbeaten run and either side of it been a bit underwhelming. Leeds started poorly had their run from Jan and are struggling again, we had the two unbeaten runs early and are now struggling to get over the line. Ipswich's wobble was January, Saints had a nightmare September before their 25 match run.

Could be that Leeds have peaked too early and Saints take them out on the final day.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Brussell and Enzo are very similar except Maresca's perhaps not quite as irritating to listen to or his mannerisms. But football wise although slightly different, their principles are aligned and enough to drive you to the brink.

They'd just gone 9 points from 9 and us 10 from 10 so it's welcome to the club in that regard. Even if they do get over the line it's because everyone around them has choked. Fair enough if they do, I've been extremely dismissive of his credentials and I still would not be surprised to see them throw it away on the last day.

• Like 1

The end of the day we have a chance to get it all but done over the next 10 days or so. (Promotion that is)

Lets just hope player we know can do it turn up for the next games and finally get the job done.

The run and form we had at the start of the season means this is still completely in our hands.(sorry to sound like Enzo) Granted it seems like our hands are like Danny wards.

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brussell and Enzo are very similar except Maresca's perhaps not quite as irritating to listen to or his mannerisms. But football wise although slightly different, their principles are aligned and enough to drive you to the brink.

They'd just gone 9 points from 9 and us 10 from 10 so it's welcome to the club in that regard. Even if they do get over the line it's because everyone around them has choked. Fair enough if they do, I've been extremely dismissive of his credentials and I still would not be surprised to see them throw it away on the last day.

Both of them have squads/teams that should do well at this level. So difficult to judge how good they are.

I think Enzo is having a bit of an issue in terms that it might not matter to some of the players out there, then I guess take the out of the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

It's not one of the best, I totally refute that idea. We've seen some total dross down here this season struggle to put two passes together. Preston played last night like they did at the KP, amazing to think they were 3rd for ages. If it wasn't for 3 relatively big ex-Prem sides in the league it'd be 20-odd tramps fighting over a bag of chips.

I think in the post you were replying to the writer used the term “best” to mean “most exciting/competitive” not necessary “best quality/ability”. It’s hard to argue with them in that regard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I just seen possession stats Southampton have averaged 66% possesion, we have average of 62% so the top 2 in league. Where it differs, they have had 1700 ish more touches than us over the season, but still had around 450 less in the defensive 3rd than us. We have 1700 less passes than Southampton in the attacking 3rd and only 110 more passes than Leeds in the attacking 3rd despite having 3000 more total touches than them.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Can’t wait till it’s over tbh can’t be arsed with play offs either let’s hope we just finish the job by this time next week 

• Like 1