Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Will be interesting to see how QPR and Sheff Wed do next season. QPRs form was promotion winning stuff. Both made impactful managerial changes - if it carries on (and they are both allowed to manage of course) could be very good seasons. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Will be interesting to see how QPR and Sheff Wed do next season. QPRs form was promotion winning stuff. Both made impactful managerial changes - if it carries on (and they are both allowed to manage of course) could be very good seasons. 

Can see QPR doing well.

Sheff Weds still have the same owner, a summer of his shenanigans will soon see that fall apart again! I actually think Rohl will be taken by another team before the season starts to be honest.

13 hours ago, ithuriel said:

I keep seeing stuff on Facebook where some Leeds fan has posted something about Leicester and most of the comments below are about Leeds living rent free in our heads:tumbleweed:

They really have developed an obsession  dipped in delicious irony, just wondering how long they are going to keep going on about us being obsessed with them before they move on.

thing with "some" leeds fans, they just cant take what theyve been giving most of the season, more than happy to give it but cant take it and if you give it back etc they call you obsessed.

leeds players and fans made a rod for their own back celebrating the win over us like they did, as Enzo said it was just another game and he was proven right, as the bigger games were in end of march/april; 

and Leeds bottled it(then again theyve been honking since the last international break)

like saying the are the best team in the league, well they arent as theyd have won the league, they might have beat us and Ipswich twice, but thats winning the battle but losing the war

Ipswich should absolutely have a parade. 22 years! They’ve come into the most competitive championship auto promotion race ever and finished second. The town must be on cloud 9. 

Pleased for Ipswich,  albeit for 10 years not 22, we know what it feels like to through managers and just not find the right fit. We did it until we found Nige. Amazing having a manager who just fits and makes the game simple again. I think they’ll surprise a few next year. 

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Can see QPR doing well.

Sheff Weds still have the same owner, a summer of his shenanigans will soon see that fall apart again! I actually think Rohl will be taken by another team before the season starts to be honest.

Yeah, backing Rohl almost seems too sensible for Chansiri. He’ll find a way to mess it up given he seems to actively hate the club he owns I’m sure! 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Stoke finished fairly strongly and Schumacher is a good manager, played some decent stuff with Plymouth. Could see them having a much better year next season. 

Always seem to have a steady stream of cash too with their owners.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Always seem to have a steady stream of cash too with their owners.

Hopefully they want to take Iversen on a permanent deal then.

13 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Ipswich having a bus parade monday. I mean really! Come on! I get they and their fans are happy about promotion but a bus parade just because you got in the Premier League. 

Glad to see other posters have already shot down this ridiculous post. Yes them getting promotion has outshone us winning the league but it's a much more impressive achievement, just be happy for them.

• Like 2

Re QPR I remember a post of mine here and I had them as favourites for a PO spot. Imo they've massively underachieved this season, their team quality wasn't for a relegation battle surely. 

This is the "issue" with this league though. A streak of bad results has big mental impact on the players. When managers can handle this and approach the players psychologically can overcome these situations (Sheff Wed is a good example). 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Manager of the Season candidate though apparently

Bloody hell, that seems tone deaf as they were right in it right up to the last day. I presume they must have maxed out budgets in that Jan window and failure wasnt an option.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He will be snapped up by another Championship club. Hull may regret that decision next season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

That's a crazy decision. Admittedly did spend good money (in championship terms) and missed out on playoffs but that is still a very strong squad built by him. Quite a few of those will go for good money.

Owner hit me as a weirdo from the interviews I've seen of him.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Could they not appreciate that progress was being made at Hull?

Seens a weird one, and you wonder who would take that job on, now.

Seems like Championship managers get sacked and rotate all the time. Any of them will take it and happily get sacked in 12 months and move on to the next one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

A case of target was promotion. Failed. Sacked. 

A fairly large target with the likes of us, Southampton, Leeds in the league. That's before you include Boro, Norwich, WBA and Coventry were strong last year.  

Playoffs were an achievable target, but to be sacked seems far. They were always competing for 2-3 spaces before any wildcard teams doing incredibly well.

• Like 1